Extremely low FPS with 780Ti and even lower if I try to enable SLI

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by funkmetal, May 23, 2014.

1. Octiceps

Doesn't sound like SLI is working then. Nvidia Control Panel won't help you with this; you need to use Nvidia Inspector. Which exact driver version are you on? 337.82? 337.81? 337.50?

I think know exactly what graphical corruption you're seeing. Does it look like this?

Like I said, enabling SLI requires you to add the 64-bit executable in the driver using Nvidia Inspector. Using a different SLI profile will get rid of the artifacts as well as increase FPS and reduce input lag. Instructions for both these procedures can be found in this post here: Flickering on screen with new 5/22 patch
  2. Octiceps

Yeah the Implants patch this week cut my FPS in half as well. :(
  3. Dragam

Octiceps : in half ?! my fps has been reduced aswell, but only a bit - in the absolutely craziest battles, im now seeing 40 fps, which is like 10 less than before.
  4. funkmetal

It seems my 2nd card wasnt in use after all. I set up the profile for Nvidia Inspector and am now getting 60-100 FPS in Medium-Large Battles.

Also that glitching isnt what I was experiencing, it was multicolored triangles on the screen but would appear and disappear as I zoomed the map and such. Also it seems that the bug has been fixed with the re install.
  5. Octiceps

Did you try any of the two alternate SLI profiles that I suggested? It gave me an up to 50% FPS boost in GPU-bound situations.

34.8 FPS

[IMG]

52.4 FPS

[IMG]
  6. funkmetal

Yes, I was using the Alan Wake Profile
    • Up x 1
  7. funkmetal

Ok, I logged in today and was noticing my hit markers were very fuzzy and dull looking and very hard to see. Is this a side effect of the Custom SLI Profile or is this another issue with the game?
  8. Nasher

Yep, same for me using a 780. It feels like my FPS has halved since the last patch :/

I have not changed anything (same drivers, same hardware etc), it is indeed the game that is the issue.
  9. Octiceps

Yeah there is some minor UI flickering in a few places which is par for the course when using an aggressive SLI profile since the same bits which increase performance can also cause visual artifacts or other issues. Personally it doesn't bother me at all and I greatly enjoy the FPS boost. Did you also try 0x42502005?
  10. funkmetal

Which game is that for? I cant seem to find that in Nvidia Inspector when I type it in?
  11. Octiceps

It's a custom value not a predefined one for a game. You have to type it in manually.
  12. funkmetal

Ok I used that one, went to VR and now I'm only getting the Friendly Fire hitmarkers showing as normal. If I shoot an enemy it doesnt show a hit marker or shows the MCG Aiming Circle
  13. Octiceps

Weird. How's performance? Double-check that you typed it in right and it was saved?

If it's problematic you should just stick with 0x03500005, or the official profile for no visual glitches but reduced performance.
  14. funkmetal

Ok, so with the default SLI Profile in Nvidia Inspector I was indeed using both cards, but the FPS was much lower also, but the hitmarkers were normal
  15. funkmetal

Also performance was pretty good, 200+FPS in VR
  16. Octiceps

Use the Alan Wake profile then. Sounds like a good compromise.
  17. Aldivac

18. Nils

I am getting the same thing. I would get around 180 to 200 fps in the warpgate, and around 70 in big zerg fights.
    Today I was getting around 15 fps, and just couldn't play.

SOE what is HAPPENING??[IMG]

My current specs are

CPU: i7 4930k @ 3.9

RAM:16GB @ 2133

GPU: SLI EVGA 780Ti Classifieds

PSU: 1200w Platinum Certified

Game on SSD.

I have also been getting a weird screen glitching and I dont know whats causing it. And as I said if I try to enable SLI I get even lower FPS.[/quote]
  19. Gammit

funkmetal, I was getting the same thing (glitches) as you until I used Nvidia Inspector. New Nvidia drivers out last weekend helped too.
  20. LordMondando

Just to point out, thats a complete misconception.

Everything has to go by way of the CPU. In a nutshell, CPU gives out a request for I/O access, request gets handled by I/O controller. Texture gets put into RAM, normally by the north and southbridge interacting. Texture is then loaded from RAM and via the driver sent to the GPU to do an actual frame draw.

In short, whilst the GPU can do a lot, espeically drawing geometry, it doesn't know how to do dick untill the CPU tells it to, or passes it the relevant information. In this case by the use of still very bloated direct x api's (9 or 11, doesn't matter).
    • Up x 2