Do not teamkill

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nitrobudyn, Feb 18, 2014.

1. MonnyMoony

The only time I have seen people get TKd by multiple different people in such a short time is when they have been 4th faction TKing - and the team figures them out.
  2. \m/SLAYER\m/

but you know, half of team killers is swapped from other factions.. but my top killers is NC..
    today one pissed me off, so i targeted to avenge him, don't care about enemies, in the middle of battlefield, i'm making Vendetta
  3. Raka Maru

What happed to /report (playername) does that have no effect anymore?
  4. Klypto

This doesn't work for me. I might barrel into to a sunderer behind cover for repairs only for the game to be like "oh we forgot to tell you, there's 50 billion people right where you are now" as the render under my treads.

Meanwhile, Recursion is going "TeamKiller" "Only you can prevent friendly fire" "Who's side are you on?"

It does. A GM will at the least come to watch or investigate if they have the time and are online and it's worth their time.

Not sure if TK's are worth their time though. Most reports are minor things or annoyances or false.
    • Up x 1
  5. Ribero

Oh, Cobalt. :')
  6. Raka Maru

About once a week, I come across a blatant TK'er and report them for harassment. I just hope SOMEONE is listening because these people will ruin the day of non-seasoned PS2 people. I'm not talking about getting accidentally shelled or run over in a big rush, I'm talking about getting shot by crosbow bolts, or in a peaceful spawn room upstairs. Then getting followed around and shot again.

Then I do the "/y Remember to report these scumbag TK'ers if you care about this game"
  7. Jalek

Shoot up a sniper's nest with a turret, getting the extreme menace certs, and see how long it takes for a "friendly" attempt at C4 on the turret. Get a good kill streak and you have to start looking at people in your faction as well.
  8. DFDelta

I hate this games rendering so much. I've gotten hundreds of teamkills total on my (funny enough) NC toon that way.
    It always goes like that:

- Oh my gawd, my skyguard is burning.
    - Hell yeah, an completely empty ditch outside of the combat area where I can hide my stealth 4 tank and repair.
    - While I'm airborne/sliding in and have no control over the vehicle there are suddenly 2 squads of allies rendering inside of whom I've never gotten any visual, audio or other kind of clue before that exact second. (Thanks game, I could have dodged them if I had, you know?)
    - 3+ more teamkills for me and their friends calling me a ***.

Every freaking time.
  9. Silvermyst

The other day I was in the caves over in Amerish. There were 4 of us, and only 1 enemy in the caves, which I then killed. (and I contributed 100% of the damage to him, it wasn't a kill steal) And then one of the 3 "allies" in the cave with me TKed me for no reason that I can figure out. I literally just killed the 1 enemy, and did nothing else. I thought maybe he thought I was an enemy.

Then one of the other allies, a medic, revived me. The guy-who-shall-remain-unnamed killed me again. Then I was revived again, and he killed me a third time, and I was revived a fourth time. Then he wandered off and I could continue playing my game.

I looked the guy up later, and he had only been a member for a day. So I think that maybe he was just a noob. But of course he could have also been an experienced player who had been banned, or that made an alternative account so he could TK and provoke TKs as much as he wanted to. (which doesn't work on me. I don't shoot allies back when they shoot me. Ever.)

Anyways, figured this was a good place to get my story out and have people empathize and feel sorry for me. :p
  10. Tuco

Don't stand
    Don't stand so
    Don't stand so close to me
  11. Tommyp2006

Not surprisingly, NC have the highest amount of TKs of any faction, on all servers.
  12. Jalek

They would probably have that just with the warpgate kills.
  13. Belarys

characteristic for Cobalt :rolleyes:
  14. MrNature72

Here let me fix that title for you.

[PSA] Dear fellow NC - Stop getting in the way of my bullets
  15. Bine

I don't normally TK but there are some instances where I am out to make someone elses playtime un fun. For example,t hat guy following me around and shooting into the sky because i said a football team sucked? Yeah. Gnight dude.

Also. When people decide that trying to shove me off a cliff is a really fun idea in tanks. Im not fond of it and you'll probably be killed for it >.>
  16. EnsignPistol

I have a rather bad habit of teamkilling people for perceived cowardice, particularly egregious mistakes (think running over someone in a tank when they could have clearly seen them from 50 meters away egregious), and ineptitude as platoon leaders (like ordering people to redeploy to defend some random base after having them pull MAXs or tanks for you, thus wasting resources). I know it doesn't accomplish anything tangible, but I find it rather cathartic to let the local armchair Napoleon know what I think of their cunning plan in the form of blowing their head off with an NS-44.

I had the bad luck the other night to get lectured (at first; we made up eventually, because as often as I start fights I also end them) by a vet about how this is supposedly something associated with the BR30s of always wanting to attack bases and push the points. Apparently those in the know after that get used to sitting around farming kills instead. Better for their K/D and SPM and whatnot. Now the guy had a pretty sound strategic acumen based on the back and forth we had, so I mean this in the nicest possible way with respects to them (and you know who you are):

Farming kills is a chore. I don't play Planetside 2 to do chores.

If I just wanted to farm kills I'd stay in my HE Lightning all the time and set up a nice tailgate party, drinking beer and roasting weenies as I set the Lightning to fire off in some random direction and splat TR/VS running across the open terrain around Indar Excavation Site all day. Space Jesus knows my score per minute would be a lot better for it, but fun for me is going into that same terrain myself, going over the top of whatever rocks people are cowering behind and going through them with a pump shotgun. It's going up to that presumably safe window on the second floor as a light assault and picking off the medics keeping enemy troops intact from behind. It's racing way behind enemy lines and sneaking into their supposedly secure base between a stalemate and being an annoying pest capturing the points myself, knowing I'm going to go down eventually but I'm going to cause as much trouble and drag as many people with me when I go down. Sometimes it's even getting entirely lost and using a chance encounter in a base I can't even capture yet to mess around with the rearguard.

I don't have an easy time finding my fun. It often means pressing attacks all alone and spending lots of time walking around the middle of nowhere between failed approaches. But it becomes a whole lot harder doing much of anything if everyone is content to sit around farming or getting farmed all day and not actually fight. Half-hearted attempts at base capture are the worst. You can have population advantage in the first moments, but once there's any sort of chokepoint that people might possible die passing through they choke up and stay behind safe shield doors all day. I can't stress how bad this is enough. Time is everything in Planetside 2. Giving the enemy more time means more time for them to mount a defense or counterattack, more time for the enemy reinforcements to find your AMS support, more time for them to generally win.

I go through a ton of infantry resources for things like grenades, C4, MAXs, things to bolster our ability to push the offensive and stymie the enemy's attacks, but it makes it feel like an incredibly thankless job when, when forced on the defense, I go around on anti-AMS duty blowing up as many Sunderers as I can find, sometimes even getting them all, only for us to lose the base because people were too afraid to leave the spawn room and fight for the point.

The stats, the certs, the carefully edited killstreak montages. These things aren't what makes the game for me. That I can see my actions impacting the enemy's ability to do as they please is what makes the game for me. Even if it's just being the annoying gnat they keep having to shoot because he likes getting into their otherwise secure bases, or throwing himself with suicidal abandon towards their supposed safe zone during their attacks. But dang if I wouldn't get a lot more done and perhaps even have a lot more fun if I had people with the same ideas to pull this off with, and right now a good chunk of the fellow Waterson NC if anything seems content to bog themselves down in stalemate farm-or-be-farmed scenarios and perhaps complain that the game isn't fun anymore.

Well, if you need help having something to motivate you to get out there, perhaps I have a C4 pack with your name on it. And maybe I shouldn't do it and maybe I should apologize more readily when I do, but that's where I'm finding the fun right now.

And we play games to have fun, right?