I feel sorry for early adopters of ESSR's now.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CactusLynx, May 24, 2014.

1. Vixxing

I disagree, Railjack is king at 200m+ ranges...
  2. Revanmug

Doesn't change anything that you agree or not. It's flat out worse than a T3 in every actual ingame scenario.

Are you going to tell a guy with 25k kills with bolt action weaponry that he doesn't know what he is talking about?
  3. Vixxing

I got more than 10k myself so... and i do prefer Railjack over longshot on 200m+ due to no drop and faster projectile speed... Yeah, you dont know what you are talking about...
  4. ElectricSheepDream

uhm are you posting from the past when the railjack was on pts with no drop ? because thats changed you know (it has literally the same drop as t3 basrs hth)
  5. biterwylie

Wow! That sucks.
  6. biterwylie

Y
    that sums it up nicely I think. Sure sucks if you have to charge while decloaked. I hope the VS T3 does not have a charge delay or my opponents are not competing on a level playing field as I have an advantage.
  7. pnkdth

It may have the same drop model but it also has 850m/s bullet velocity(200 more than the T3 rifles, which is a huge difference) which means you have next to no bullet drop unless you fire at targets outside of render distance(which makes it kinda hard to hit anyways :p). The hardest part, besides the delay, to adjust to is unlearning the need to compensate for bullet drop off. Quite a lot of the time I found myself shooting over my targets just out of habit.
  8. Vixxing

Indeed it do... after decloak b4 charge is full you are already dead against any decent sniper...
  9. biterwylie

I
    I thought the velocity was reduced and the delay added at release onto live?

Not sure the velocity makes any difference anyway? You are talking about aiming at the top of the head or centre of the head. You have to aim somewhere,and once you know where that is, it is simple. Unless there is a delay after pulling the trigger.......

As a rifle shooter I can say putting your cursor on point A and pressing the mouse button is massively simpler than shooting say 700 - 1000 yards in real life. You do not have to think about your posture, breathing or wind. Something like .300 Winchester Magnum will give you a flat trajectory out to PS2 render distance. There are other cartridges today with even better performance. No battlefield rifle currently feature a designed delay to make shooting harder :) that would be dumb!
  10. biterwylie

:( suddenly I am not as good as I think I am.
  11. Vixxing

With T3 sniper on 300m you have to aim quite a bit above head to hit... as pnkdth said i also found myself overshooting with Railjack in the beginning, just aim directly on the heads with no compensation at all with railjack and BINGO! (you can still be flat out wrong even with 25k BASR kills)
  12. biterwylie

With 25 thousand kills you can't be wrong with something as simple as putting your curser on a designated point and clicking the mouse. Surely?
  13. Ronin Oni

The way to use it is charge up followed by quick followup SASR shot if you miss the head.

It gives up a lot for the SASR follow up shot and infinite ammo.
  14. Paragon Exile

I trialed the Phaseshift once.

I needed to cleanse myself after that.
  15. ashen

The benefit of velocity is that there's less chance of a moving target changing direction between you pulling the trigger and the round landing. The problem with the Railjack is the firing delay completely negates this benefit.

Basically all the ES snipers are novelty weapons. They can kill; in fact they're not terrible weapons. The problem is there are other weapons that are better - and even if they're only slightly better, they have no drawbacks in comparison.
  16. ElectricSheepDream

No. The railjack has literally the same drop as tier 3 basrs. Test it in VR if you don't believe me.
  17. Vixxing

There are no cursors?
  18. Vixxing

It totally dosent on really far ranges, i talk 200m+
  19. ElectricSheepDream

Yes it does.
  20. Vixxing

Ok same drop but 200m/s faster speed, so it drops on 300m as much as longshot does on 200m...