Mousewheel or Numbers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BobSanders123, May 23, 2014.

1. BobSanders123

Which to do you guys use to switch through your weapons? Personally, I prefer the scroll wheel.
  2. Maelthra

I prefer the numbers since it allows me to directly go to the weapon/tool/item I want. WIth the scroll wheel you have to cycle through them. I even rebound my scroll wheel so it controls minimap zoom instead.
  3. Corezer

I am a wheeler, but I have a $20 Chinese mouse so I am getting used to the numbers lol!
  4. DJPenguin

Numbers. More precise and quicker w/ an inventory which contains more than 3 items.
  5. HadesR

6. Cinnamon

numbers and I use wheel for map zoom
    • Up x 1
  7. JP_Russell

Hotkeys to select weapons and equipment is absolutely essential for optimal competitive play. Any unnecessary delay to pulling out the exact thing you need exactly when you need it can get you or your teammates killed. I used to just use the mouse wheel for switching in the older Battlefield games years ago. The downsides seemed minor at the time, but there really is a world of difference between the two methods.
  8. Vixxing

I started using "numbers" (rebound keys) when i whipped out the infil "ping-gun" instead of the commissioner for the 1,000th time when i got jumped sniping... Feelt pretty silly fireing a ping-pong balls at enemies that tried to kill me... (annoying as hell when i use stalker cloak though since i try to switch to "primary" and havent got one, they should really fix that!)
  9. Demetrios

Numbers with the mouse wheel bound to incremental map zoom.
    • Up x 2
  10. BobSanders123

I need to get with the program....
  11. FieldMarshall

Both, depending on the situation
  12. Tentakewls

Numbers, mouse wheel for mini map zoom
  13. Bassett

I'm going to do that.
    • Up x 2
  14. TheGaryTh

Hybrid of both, rebound my up and down wheels to weapon 1 and 2. Use numbers/extra mouse buttons for gadgets.
  15. Regpuppy

My mouse has number buttons on it... so numbers.
  16. Crator

I did the same thing as Maelthra.
  17. Danath

Mousewheel, but since it doesn't work properly in this game, used pressing wheel right or left (and then my mouse started to fail :()
  18. Lynoocs

numbers, my weapon switched when i tried to knife people. not pleasant at all
  19. Desann

WHAAAAAT? There's a zoom for the minimap?
  20. M4L4CH1TE

I use the mouse wheel for getting to my tools but have my primary weapon remapped to Right Alt for quickest access and secondary to a button on my mouse. I have functions like cloak, vehicle smoke, auto-repair and other quick assess stuff mapped to a button on my mouse as well. Somehow the number keys are just too far away when I need to swap items.

Zoom for the mini map I keep on the [ & ] default keys since those aren't "in a hurry" keys. Same for still using H to make the map bigger or smaller. I only remap the keys that I need critical fast access to.