Mosquito should have ‘Breaker’ and Reaver should have ‘Hellfire’

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by J.C Simonetti, May 7, 2014.

1. J.C Simonetti

Let Reaver pilots feel how its like to not be able to one-clip Sunderers and two-shot infantry. (Scythe, you too!)

It honestly doesn't make sense why the Reaver even have these pods to begin with when you put in other factors like the Reaver's mobility and ability to be gone in half-a-second! It should be the other way around! Mosquitos aren't Reaver fast, and its mobility is eh.. so the Mossie having pods that do 3x the damage than the Hellfire only makes sense since the Mossie is slower than the other two. Sounds familiar? *cough* Vangaurd *cough*

Anyway,

Breakers have 12 rockets, Hellfire has 16.
    Breakers do x3 the damage and has the same ROF and reload speed as the Hellfires..

How is that balanced and why hasn't anybody complained about this? God only knows..
  2. a4555in

Also, if you want to swap the A2G rockets, it's better to swap breakers with photon pods since NC is the slow firing hard hitting faction.
    • Up x 2
  3. J.C Simonetti

That's not what SOE's wiki says. Hellfire and Breaker have everything identical except for damage.
  4. ColonelChingles

At least the wiki page that a4555in linked to state that they do have different RoFs.

You can also find data on the Hellfires and Breakers here and here. Hellfires do 475 damage and fire 300 rockets in a minute (it takes 3.2 seconds to unload all 16 rockets, dealing a total of 7,600 damage). Breakers do 635 damage and fire 218.2 rockets in a minute (it takes 3.3 seconds to unload all 12 rockets, dealing a total of 7,620 damage). Otherwise they're identical, same accuracy, same reload time, etc. So really the Breakers take 0.1 seconds to do a whole extra 20 damage. :rolleyes:

You're also wrong about Reavers blowing up Sunderers in a single pass. No rocketpod can do that (thankfully). A Sunderer has 4,000 HP, 45% resist to all incoming damage, and an additional 70% resist to rocketpod damage. So a Breaker's full magazine of 7,620 damage is reduced by 45% to 4,191 damage, and then by another 70% to 1,257.3 damage. So it would take 4 passes with Breakers to destroy a stock Sunderer. Which is exactly the same number of passes that a Hellfire would require.

In other news, the Mosquito has the top cruising speed (220 KPH to the Reaver's 200 KPH), while the Reaver has the top afterburner speed (348 KPH to the Mosquito's 320 KPH). Most of the time, Mosquitos are going to be able to go faster than a Reaver.

I mean you were pretty much wrong about almost everything you said... the only thing you got right is that a Breaker can two-shot infantry while Hellfires cannot. Which is fairly typical of 90% of the TR that come on and complain about their faction's equipment. I mean it's right up there with the guy who thought Hellfires had more bloom than Breakers due to a wiki typo. It's crazy how much the TR can cry about things that aren't even real.
    • Up x 9
  5. XXBLACKATTACKXX

ok your stats are messed up

all ES lolpods are ~ equal.
    They have their ups and downs and flavors but there is no "best"
  6. J.C Simonetti

They're not 'equal', but I did get the RoF wrong, my apologies.

The problem is the huge damage differential between Breaker (+Photon) and Hellfire, which is a big advantage when Breakers (and Photons) can destroy Sunderers way quicker than Hellfire rockets, and we all know how much of a difference a Sunderer can make.

All I'm saying is, Hellfire Rockets should be closer to its counterparts.. its not fair that Mosquitos need to do double the work than Reavers or Scythes and have less speed (after burn) and mobility than the other two.

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Hellfire_Rocket_Pods

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Breaker_Rocket_Pods
  7. Volccis

They are very equal. Acts slightly differently but overall damage and DPS is close to same.

Placebo, all rocket pods have same DPS and reload speeds. Mosquito has highest cruising speed so dont complain about Reaver's AB speed.

The grass is always greener on the other side.
    • Up x 1
  8. Halkesh

Lolpods aren't equal, look at the total splash damage.
    NC 12 x 250 = 3000
    VS 14 x 175 = 2450
    TR 16 x 175 = 2800
    They don't have the same effectiveness against infantery.
  9. Aesir

There is really almost no difference between the Breakers and Hellfires. As stated, they unload the practically 20 more "raw" damage (meaning after resistances this difference is even lower) and they do that also within a time difference smaller than your ping to the server.

I can not believe people are complaining about something so similar were you really have no advantage what so ever. The only "advantage" that is there to be had is that Hellfires are by a tiny winzey bit better against max rank FLAK users, assuming you hit all rockets ...

In the field there is no difference between the two that would deviate them so far apart that I would say it needs any changes at all. This entire topic is practically closed ...

Yes and no, this topic was mainly about Hellfires and Breakers, those two are very similar. Dual Photons are an entire different topic.

Photon Pods indirect damage is lower because otherwise you would have a onehit kill. Since all projectiles originate from your view, instead of the pods(which is just visual). So you actually fire two pin point shots and could "onehit" Infantry otherwise ...

Assuming thats the reason why the splash is lower.
  10. Halkesh

I'm not sure to understand, you means photon pods are fired from the crossair and the NC/TR rocketpods are fired from the pods ?
  11. Aesir

All Vehicle weapons are fired from your camera, no longer the weapons. All shells you see are actually not "truly" the projectile.
  12. SmokeMcCloud

Some time ago people were going on and on and on about VS rocket pods being OP as all hell because they fired both at the same time.

Ok, hit you hit hard, but miss and you miss twice as hard... can I see VS rocket pods being NC rocket pods, ya ok.

I could live with trading my VS rocket pods for the NC ones.
  13. TheBlazing

All lolpods actually have pretty much the same DPS.

The only pods that are a bit strange are Scythe Photon Pods. Double-fire may look cool but it essentially makes them 7 pods that do 1000 damage despite being technically 14 with 500 dmg. This is not really good as firstly, less ROF for more damage is an NC trait, and secondly, it makes them less spammable while the other 2 are pretty much spam-optimized.

Also, Photon Pod visual effects look like ****.
  14. NoctD

*shrugs* - I am disgraced to be playing the same faction as OP. :oops:

How can someone get to BR93 and yet know so little about the game?
    • Up x 2
  15. McToast

Moin
    Oh look, another 100% biased topic with nearly 100% false information by J.C Simonetti. You're on my ignore list now...
    • Up x 5
  16. Halkesh

@Aesir : On your first post, you want to say the photon pods shot his shell 2 per 2 and the NC/TR rocket pods shot them 1 per 1 ?
  17. nubery

Honestly reaver should have photons. We're about hard hitting, right?
  18. Tar

Maybe instead of nonsensical theorycrafting, you could try to actually play the game.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ghost_Leader

All the rocket pods are pretty well balanced in terms of ROF/Damage and perfectly follow the faction traits.The only issue I have with Hellfire is that according to the wiki they have 0,5 Bloom Per Shot,something that the other rocket pods don't.While spamming 16 rockets at someone will most likely kill them,I can't seem to think that our rocket pods are indeed the least accurate.I seem to die with 2 volleys from the Photon pods(no flak armor) and the Breaker seem pretty darn accurate too.It's not the biggest issue out there,but if there really is an extra bloom for our rockets I'd like for it to be removed.
  20. J.C Simonetti

Balanced? How are they balanced when the other two ESFs have stronger Rockets/Pods and a stronger nose gun than the Mosquito?

NC Rotary vs. TR Rotary who wins?