Over 18 hours for maintenance.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by why spend my cash?, Apr 29, 2014.

1. why spend my cash?

Totally unexceptable!!!
    We don't need SOE all access,we only play Planetside2.
    • Up x 1
  2. DeadCode

listen just be greatful it free this update is for paid players witch you must not be for the rush
  3. Ghenko

EQ2 has been up for at least 2 hours. I think this calls for a proverbial....

W T F?
  4. DDShadow

they broke something major probably its way past 12 hours, another 5 hours and it'll be 24 hours downtime! who's taking bets on what they broke this time!
  5. Waffle Fartsparkle

What is the point of this maintenance exactly? Are they physically cleaning the servers? Are they fixing bugs? Updating hardware?
  6. Lufeng

Probably broke something as per always and are now scurrying to fix it.

Doesn't bother me, either way, as a Briggs player - I won't even be able to log in... so...
  7. user101

Ha -- you are lucky the web site works...!
  8. Runegrace

It's for the SOE All-Access, they are essentially linking every single game in the SOE catalog into a single service, billing-wise. This is something way more complex than patching a single game. Downtime is going to be substantial, and they are bringing games and services back up as available. I'd suggest playing other games and checking back every few hours, but don't be surprised if you don't end up playing PS2 today.
    • Up x 2
  9. rhan101277

This is not so easy that a caveman could do it
  10. Planetdoge

OP's tunnel vision is OP. Nerf pls.
  11. Wolfson

The problem is, many people already had all-access passes. After converting so many users to the all-access plan, they forgot to convert the accounts that already had it. Rather than grandfathering those of us in that had it in the first stage, the accounts that are not yet processed are still locked out of the system, because they're showing as invalid.

As such, free accounts might work, but anyone who paid for the all access previously is sitting in a 'limbo' mode. I can't login to any of the Sony accounts I have, and the account rep is telling me it could be up to 24 hours before my account is converted over. So I'm figuring they broke something seriously horrible.
  12. Kamikaize

I think every SOE game is up except for PS2 and has been for awhile.

So that's something...
  13. Tinroofer

Its just harsh that PS2 is down so long for the sake of that ridiculous all-access lark.

They need to just stop messing around trying to breathe life into their ****pile of old ghost-town games at the expense of the only one - barring DCUO really - that has a playerbase and a future....

I mean I know you get 'top-tier' access to upcoming titles, but in fairness this is SOE. 95% of the products they produce are going to be horrific garbage piles anyway..
  14. Waffle Fartsparkle

I've been playing Warhammer 40k titles and watching Wrel videos to pass the time.
  15. Acestar1st

I ran Q/A control for several large companies shipping expensive products.. It's real clear there is little to no Q/A done on the releases and up to the player population to complain for all the bugs that should have been found. What is worse is the introduction of additional bugs due to changes made, breaking things that used to work and are in most cases un related to the fix.

Sony needs to address the Q/A problem and come up with some automated testing, or at least have a cadre of beta testers who agree to run through it for a day or two and make sure it's stable/works.. Some station cash or other rewards for most bugs found would energize the player population to help make a better game! I know, cause that's what I did!
  16. DevDevBooday

I actually went out and got a life.

Didnt realise that there are people out there in the outernet.

There is some bright ball in the sky as well during the day that emits heat. Not sure what that is.

I dont know where I am either, its kind of like Indar but people seem to want to call it 'Australia' dont know what that continent is. :/
    These locals are strange.
    No one has their name above their heads either, how am I supposed to know who they are now?

No loading times though and the graphics are some real next gen ****.

I met some guy wearing blue at the station, complaining about the current Federal Government, I smacked the rebel scum down, then more blue guys arrived and handcuffed me! Why is there such massive NC overpop in Australia? Cmon TR!

Ill keep you guys updated after NC release me.
    • Up x 13
  17. Gleerok

There is little to no incentive in taking part into the test server. The only time I actively joined the PTS was during the first O:MFG, because I really, really wanted the game to improve performance-wise, and for that I knew very well that the PTS needed lots and lots of players. The posterior surprise 3-day boost was an interesting reward too.

I also tried new Amerish because thats my favorite continent. Now PTS is gathering dust on my game folder, almost a pile of worthless 15gb laying morbidly on my system, I think I will delete it.

If you want players to cooperate, give them some treat for effective cooperation, and advertise extensively that there ARE individual rewards beyong a better game you'll surely see some improvements in participation on that field.

Non-station cash or cert itens reserved to PTS cooperation would be well welcome, just like the ones purely exclusive as recruit awards, those were a very nice idea. I'd kill for one of those ESF Lumifibers D:
  18. ToastyMan

Betchya someone accidentally chipped a motherboard, now they need to hurry over to bestbuy and get a replacement, but higby's car broke down. By the time he was able to fix it the bestbuy had closed. Now we must wait till tomorrow for them to order a brand new one off newegg and wait another day for it to come in. Thanks obama :D
    • Up x 1
  19. crusaderx11

they started at 12:01 am Pacific Time (3:01 am on the east coast). and 12 hours was their optimistic eta. in reality it will likely take 2X to potentially 3X as long. expect your game to be playable in about another 12-24 hours.
  20. Moppykins

God, I hate bestbuy. Their slogan should be "Decade old hardware for new hardware prices!"
    • Up x 1