Sol Ex - Of The Sun

Discussion in 'Connery (US West)' started by Identitiy, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Trudeus

Always a fun group to play against, and scrim. Bump.
    • Up x 1
  2. Patroclusx

(Cik) is looking for 12v12 or 24v24 scrims please let me know if yall would be interested in setting something up!
  3. AlbinoOprah

Salutations! and Bump!
  4. Aeroroth

Awesome Pat, I will pass on word and give it to higher command and see if we can work something out :) Should be fun
  5. Aeroroth

And thanks Trudeus, Its always fun to scrim against great infantry players. :)
  6. Identitiy

sounds fun!
  7. Renuse

Lalalalallala. Looking for some FRESH BLOOOODDD
  8. Renuse

Hey crazies, join Sol Ex for some good times, good people, and free cookies.
  9. Renuse

Ok Gents, I wanted to give all who care a little more of an insight into what Sol Ex is and what we do. We aren't your average group of people, nor your average group of players. We don't actively zerg, (running squads 12 and under), nor do we go out of our way to make a zerg. If anything we are the loners, the tide shifters, ones that provide the battle lines with a base of fire, a source of strength on the field. We support our fellow TR, we aid the push, thinking tactically, moving tactically, and being more big picture orientated. We don't step into the lime light, because we aren't shining beacons of hope, but the death that lurks in the darkest depths of player base that TR has to offer. To our enemies we are the darkness that is created by the sun; "Of the sun" does not elude to the shining powerhouse that the TR player base is, it describes the darkest recesses that allow the light to be seen. We are team players, and we play as a team when we are together.

After joining, and getting your camo, and emblem, you grow to realize, that you can not count on anyone but your brothers to your left and your right that are Sol Ex members. Their consistent KDR, skills, and basic training help ensure that you have a strong hand next to you that will help in the fight against the other factions. If you do get TK'd by a Sol Ex member, you know it was because he was actively engaging an enemy target with the intent of killing that target. The power of team work in PS2 is immense, and Sol Ex aims at multiplying it through tactics, and skills working together in 2-12 man teams.

We aren't a boring old group of older gentlemen, we aren't a young hyperactive collection of zerglings, nor are we a bunch of weirdos hiding in a box. We have good people, funny people, and cater to a (believe it or not) normal environment, with playing around, **** talking, and talks about ****** day jobs or school. But when the **** hits the fan, we break down what we are facing, and then we systematically, mercilessly, and single mindlessly destroy the opposition. If we fail in the attempt, we will train both individually and together, to better ourselves, and hone our skills. We will not let losses on the field destroy us, but instead make us better players. We constantly strive to better ourselves. When we accept members, leadership says "To make these guys better" "To make Sol Ex better" "To become better." We made Sol Ex to take our PS2 gaming to the next level.

We do not exploit, we do not hack, we do not talk mad ****. We play to win, and enjoy doing so.

If you see us in the field, you know us if your on the other side (NC, VS), but sadly TR aren't so aware. We do die. But one thing is for sure, we will not go quietly into the night.

-Renuse
  10. Renuse

Charter
    Formed on the 10th of January in 2014 Sol Ex’s (Of the Sun) mission is to serve as a competitive, mature, and fun outfit in Planet Side 2. Game-play will be focused on tight tactical team play, using superior tactics rather than population, to have maximum effect on the battle field. Made up of outstanding individuals who have excellent leadership skills, integrity of character, gaming acumen, and willingness to follow orders. We will be performing operations consisting of one to twelve man teams, up to, but not limited to, 48 plus member combat operations. We will do our utmost to promote and maintain player quality and in-game skills, emphasizing performance, statistical weight, dynamic leadership, and innovation. We will maintain a fair, unbiased, and diverse top tier of leadership, drawn from the most dedicated members, each in charge of their own department. Our leadership will strive to maintain competitive edges, and provide the training, personal time, schedules, and positive attitudes to pursue these goals for both ‘casual’ and ‘hardcore’ players, keeping in mind we all have real lives to attend to. As such each member above the rank of ‘trial member’ has the right to reserve for himself a leave of absence from the game for up to three consecutive months, and understands that after this time they may be purged from SOLx’s roster for inactivity. This does not ban you from the outfit, simply keeps our rosters, and yours, clean.

Leaders and high-ranking members reserve the right to deputize trusted individuals in a case of their absence. Leaders reserve the right to step down from their respective position after notifying other leaders, and to make their recommendation of a replacement. Leaders are not allowed to promote or demote anyone from or to “Leader” rank without expressed permission of all 4 management heads. In the case of a leader’s prolonged absence they forfeit the protection of this after three consecutive months of inactivity, and are subject to replacement. Leaders are responsible for maintaining their leadership roles and duties, as such they need to ‘deputize’ someone when on a leave of absence longer than two weeks (but can deputize anyone from the officer pool) if they do not, after two consecutive weeks of absence without communication, their actions can be construed as a dereliction of duty, opening the possibility of having their responsibilities absorbed by other leaders, or having their duties tasked out to someone other than their personal choice. In the event of replacement because of absence, vote, abuse, or resignation, (a) new department head(s) will be chosen with these things in mind, but not limited or restricted to; ability, dedication, time in service, loyalty, and qualifications.

11. Renuse

• Web Master- Arazons, 2nd LT LurkingDarkness
    • Personnel Management- Fancynewbeasly
    • Head Trainer- Renuse, 2nd LT Jocarz & McMorrow
    • Public Relations- Identitiy

• “Official Uniform”
    -‘Grey Scale’ armor camo, with ‘SOL’ patch after Basic Training (Within 30 days; contact leader(s) for special permissions.)
    -‘Grey Scale’ weapon camo (optional)
    -‘Grey Scale’ vehicle camo (optional)

• Creed:
    “The superior man is modest in his speech, but excels in his actions. ” - Confucious
    “Speak softly but carry a big stick.” – Theodore Roosevelt

• Membership is an ‘Honor’ and leadership is a ‘responsibility.’
    • General understanding that we are all small pieces of something bigger.
    • Lead from the front; as in we (leaders, officers) are the first to try everything, as well as leading by example. As such we all go to ‘basic’ training, then it trickles down.
    • Tasking. As mentioned, leadership is a responsibility, we have jobs, and **** rolls downhill.
    • Three officer votes equal one leader vote. Only after both sides make their case will the votes be cast. “Prior leadership rank” officers (like if we wanted to take a break) count as 1/2 of a leader vote. Three member (“Member” & “Private”) votes equals one officer vote. Trials do not vote.
    • Training days will be restricted to 30min to a max of an hour. It is the Head Trainers responsibility to develop course material and set the training days. (Suggestions or topics are welcome, use forums.)
    NOTE: My idea of Basic training in this is really more of an advanced shooting, moving, role/class, coms brief, and gear check class. It would be under the assumption that people already know how to shoot and move around pretty well.

IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU PRACTICE, and try to IMPROVE on the BASIC concepts IN SMALL TEAMS WHEN CASUAL PLAYING.

Trial Member Requirements:
    - Have read Charter.
    For All Trial Members: Initially most recruits will be placed into the outfit as trial members so that the outfit can get to know them better. There are a number of things a trial member can do which will greatly improve his chances of becoming a normal member: 1.) Work on your kill-death ratio. The easiest way to do this is to not die. Take your time and learn how to play other than zerging, though using a zerg as cover is an option. 2.) Effective voice chat. Whether you’re funny, personable, or a helpful squad member when it comes to callouts and coms. If we liking hanging out with you, you’re in! 3.) Active support role. If we see you constantly reviving, repairing, shooting recon darts, or saving squad members, that’s going to make a great impression on us. You don’t need to mow down vast amounts of enemies in order to make a big contribution to both the squad and outfit. We have somewhat lofty standards in this regard because our goal is to become the premier outfit in the Terran Republic on Connery. But the outfit’s reputation is merely a sum of its players. In other words, premier outfits exist because they have premier players. So, are you ready to strive to become a premier player?
    Recruit:
    - Have read charter.
    - Recognized player.
    -Refrain from purchasing the Outfit uniform until your trial membership is over. (Unless its for your own personal reasons.)
    Member:
    - Have read Charter.
    - Attended Basic. (‘Grey Scale’ armor camo, with ‘SOL’ patch after Basic Training (Within 30 days))
    - Registered on forum page.
    Officer:
    - Have read Charter.
    - Outstanding leadership and individual performance.
    - Attended Basic and available for leadership meetings.
    - Outside contact maintained with outfit.
    - BR 50+ Character.
    Leader:
    - Have read Charter.
    - Outstanding leadership and individual performance.
    - Attended Basic and available for leadership meetings.
    - Outside contact maintained with outfit.
    - BR 80+ Character on current faction. (Unless ¾ vote for lower rank acceptance.)

Special REQUIREMENTS FOR SCRIM SQUAD COMPETITIVE PLAY:
    • Attended basic.
    • Member rank.
    • Willing to attend practice sessions.
    • Understanding the importance of squad roles.
    • Responsive to orders issued.

** Once a the Tag "[SOLx]" is acquired, these rules are binding. Subject to change based upon 3/4 Leader rulings.**
  12. Renuse

13. Renuse

Bump, bump, bump it up~
  14. Killuminati C

Do you guys typically run open squads? If so I'd be interested in jumping into one to see how you guys operate as my TR outfit isn't real active anymore. I should be clear though that I wouldn't really be a good fit for anything more than if there's a squad running that I'm a handy guy to have around. I say that because I always logon to whichever faction is low pop at the time (I like to think of it as 4th factioning for all the right reasons :)).

I play quite a bit and I'm a very team oriented player even when lone wolfing I'm regularly dropping ammo, rezzing/healing, and doing whatever I feel there's a lack of at that particular time with the exception of flying, though I'll gladly cert into and pull anything for someone else to pilot or drive.
  15. Renuse

I usually run private squads, but ill start opening them up for you. We are pretty hardcore TR too, though we do have alts.
  16. Killuminati C

I hear ya. I just wasn't sure if you'd mind someone jumping in your squad that you might be fighting against the very next day. Some people are funny about that sort of thing though just about everyone has alts at this point.

Like I said, I'm just interested in playing in a cohesive squad that looks for fights where we're outnumbered and you guys sound like you might be of the same mind.
  17. Renuse

Yeah, I hear ya about the alts as well. We have a few people in other (across faction) prestigious outfits (00, BAID, Havoc, X, ect.) We are a competitive outfit though, playing other skilled players is seen as a chance to improve ourselves. (Unless its maximum cheese on live server). Even then though, we will try to kill you in a special way lol... But yeah. I dont mind at all, friend me in game, I lead most the more tactical squad movements and such. GLHF!
  18. Renuse

"Come with me, and you'll see, a world of pure imagination...."
  19. Renuse

20. Renuse

FYI running open squads but dont join if you arent in the mood for some badassery and order following! GL out there gents.