Why double xp only for sub-player

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ENGTX, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENGTX

Last year during eater feast double xp weekend was free for everyone . This year you lock it only for membership player . You have no reason to do that .
  2. LibertyRevolution

Membership has benefits, upgrade now!
    • Up x 16
  3. Tobax

They do have a reason because funnily enough keeping servers running and paying staff wages actually costs money, who knew?!
    So they reward the people paying monthly fees with the double exp, that's perfectly fine.
    • Up x 18
  4. Rift23

Because nobody buys weapons with SC anymore since they get nerfed a week later.
    • Up x 10
  5. dBMachine

Because I want something for my money, damnit!
    • Up x 3
  6. ViXeN

Personally I don't really care that much about double XP anymore. I'm at a pretty decent level with my two mains and I have most of the things I need certed out.
    • Up x 2
  7. Pacster

I just don't know if it is smart to decrease the number of double xp-weekends for non members....to cut back on Triple SC Offers...to decrease the amount of SC you save when buying bundles...to bring new overpowered stuff into the game just to nerf it 2 months later after people bought it(strikers...annihilators and so on...I'm sure we'll se a lib nerf soon which obviously should never have been buffed anyway) etc..

SOE wants money and that is legit...but they risk to lose players if they press too hard....and by the end of the day it's the number of players that makes the game special. The ultimate challenge of f2p is how to press as much money out of the customers as possible(which can mean that you get the most money now...or that you keep them as long as possible and have them always paying small amounts during that time. They need to find the breakpoint between those 2) without of losing them.
  8. Pikachu

To reward players who pay for the game.
    • Up x 6
  9. DJPenguin

I don't think your sass, drama and skill lines are fully certed yet
    • Up x 3
  10. MasterCheef

people who whine about dbl XP are the type of people to leave anyway. SO no loss in SOE eyes. SC sales arent just a PS2 thing
  11. Desann

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. My main is lvl 97 or something(who really cares) and my 2 alts NC/TR (on different servers) are around the 40's. I pretty much have everything I want/need on my main, and can care less about my alts say for my tanks and a few other things. Really wondering why I need to pay monthly anymore. I don't need 16 different carbines, assault rifles, sniper rifles. The weapons I have now provide me with all of my play styles.
  12. Tuco

Once upon a time, playing the game was the reward.
    • Up x 3
  13. Flashtirade

Once upon a time, servers needed money and staff to keep running and devs needed money to make new content and earn a living.
    Oh wait they still do.
    • Up x 9
  14. Tuco

Once upon a time games were worth buying.

I've got a stack of game CD's and game boxes here that go 6 feet high up into the air, the youngest one is from 2010. Diablo3 don't count, someone else bought that for me, "Hey let's play together."
    • Up x 3
  15. Regpuppy

They didn't "take it away" from free players. They just added a once monthly double xp weekend for members. There's a difference. I'm sure we'll still get double xp weekends during special occasions for everyone at the same rate we use to get them. Members will just have extra double xp weekends.
  16. Tobax

That was nothing to do with memberships but was because of the addition of player studio.
  17. Astealoth

No money coming in = no money to pay development hours for new content and bug fixes. "no reason" coming from what perspective, exactly? Pretty sure my neighbor's cat could come to a more reasonable conclusion than there's no reason to give subscribers benefits in this game.
  18. WorldOfForms

"I don't pay money. Why are people who pay money getting something that I don't get?"

Today's gamer.
    • Up x 17
  19. Stargazer86

I think you underestimate SOE's level of incompetence.

The ban on Double and Triple SC sales was understandable, if upsetting. The in-game sales suck in comparison, like the 99sc and 1sc sales they occasionally do, but I suppose it's just something we have to deal with. Members also needed some incentive to actually -buy- membership, and extra double XP weekends are a nice little addition for them, so I'm fine with that.

And for those of you that are somehow insinuating that having a subscription makes you better than the rest of us 'freeloaders', remember that it was SOE's decision to make this a f2p game. Those 'free' players are needed to keep up the population so that it's actually fun. And remember, just because people don't have a subscription doesn't mean they haven't sunk a decent amount of money into this game in the form of camo, helmets, decals, ect. Why does your 15 bucks a month matter more than the 60 bucks someone else dumped into customization options and weapons? Hell, some people bought multiples of the same camo for EVERY character they had before it was changed to be account wide. So don't try and claim that your little subscription somehow elevates you above everyone else.
  20. Sen7rygun

Because UPGRADE NOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.