Post here if your 64 bit client Crashes.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Necaris Omnis, Apr 16, 2014.

1. lukja79

2. LCTR

Have we even had an SOE reply acknowledging they see the problem?

Surely this needs to be rolled back before the weekend?
  3. Efraim

Less money for SOE, more money for Star Citizen
  4. Igard

2 crashes in less than an hour here. Doesn't look like I'll be playing this weekend.
  5. JGDK

I think its annoying when updates makes the game unstable and crash. The thing i think SOE is doing right, is that they listen and care about their players/costumers. 1.5 year after the release they are still tweeking and bring in new stuff for us. Sometimes the patches is far from perfect, but usually they will work it out in a couple of days. Look at Dice, i bought BF4 with premium at day one, and the netcode in that game is still one of the biggest jokes on earth. And they give a rats *** for their players opinions.

The reason why i write this is, there is alot af aggression from players in this thread. Personaly i think its a bit unfair and i would choose SOE over DICE at any time, because its better to try, instead of dont give a ****.

Well this is just my opinion and At the end, i hope the game will be up and running very soon

nice weekend to y all.. :)

(Sorry for the bad spelling and gramma, english is not my native language)
    • Up x 1
  6. Arrean

Well. Honestly i don't know what's the issue.
    But here is what helped me to get rid of crashes with x64 client.
    I have game in steam.
    And when i browsed local files for the game, i found there 3(!) .exe files
    one for x86, one for x64 and one without such mark. And also i found there a shortcut named "Planetside2.exe"
    I deleted "Planetside2.exe" and the shortcut. as someone advised here earlier.
    And since then i had no crashes at all.
    seems that this works.
    GL & HF all.

P.S. SOE Please fix this. we aren't meant to do some magic by ourselves.
  7. Daftice

Thanks SOE i enjoy my double xp ! Crash, crash and sometimes my PC Crash :D ! i Never have Crash before...
  8. PresidentFreeman

When you delete these files, do you then validate the game files or just go and play?

In any case, thank you for taking the time to try and help.
  9. Spanky31415927

Windows 8.1 regular complete lockup when attemping to change continents.

Updates and changes are nice but how 'bout focus on trying to achieve stability 1st. I'd take a stable client instead of new weapons or swag any day!
  10. Spandex Origami

Nom nom nom....
    [IMG]

Memory leak? Why do you think that? :confused:
  11. PresidentFreeman

Just downloaded a 136mb patch then, has anyone else had it?

That is the second patch in a row that hasn't been announced or explained.

I'll be sure to report back if it has made any difference.
  12. orivar

every 50 min + sometimes the game just freeze until i am shutting down my PC...
  13. Kociboss

Windows 7 here, 64 bit operating system ofc.

Game crashes once per hour on average. For some reason, by squad mate always crashed at the same time I did.
  14. asmodraxus

Game freezes, check
    Have to ctrl-alt-del to close the client, check

Now downloaded a 136mb patch, maybe this might increase the stability.
  15. Predator01cz

So the story of me and my friend yesterday night game session (we both have pretty similar PC builds)

So I come home around 18:00 (GMT+1) after a week of being away and download the first 90Mb patch.
    • My game crashes randomly in span of 20seconds since login to 15 minutes since login.
    • My friends' game is stable, except for occasional lagspikes
    • Huge *** rendering issues in big fights, big groups of people concentrated in one place won't render until you enter their circle
    About an hour later another patch comes around
    • My game is stable
    • My friends' game is crashing like mine before
    • less rendering issues
    Few hours later: Complete rollback to 32bit client

On a side note: I was really happy last week because it seemed that SOE finally fixed the ultra-particles FPS drops whenever there's explosions in your face (ESF lolpoding you, looking down at AA turret shooting at you)
    No words can describe the feeling of looking through the explosions at my enemy with regular 50-60FPS instead of 2-5FPS, it makes shooting the AA turrets with dalton a lot easier.

But oh well, maybe next year we'll get another few days of that
  16. brbrbr

game works now for me on win 7 64. but..... now i have no hit markers, nor rocket sights/cross, no mini map, no compass and no chat window. oh , and no reticule. so i can not see where my hip fire is going.
    anyone else?
  17. Typez

The x64 crashes, and now the x86 freezes.. Wonderful. Not much of a double exp bonus weekend :(
  18. FCBLiebe

Crashes on average twice an hour, plus frames have effectively been halved with the 64-bit cleint.
  19. DDShadow

well they've implemented 32 back to planetside2.exe and it runs that file as the client but it freezes as i switch continents... really wish i knew what was going on

i do have an ati video card and i've seen some ppl with similar ati card setups having this issue
  20. PresidentFreeman

Crashes seem to be gone for me now the 32-bit client has been restored, lets see how long it stays this way.