GD-7F and Serpent adjustments on PTS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by lolB0b, Apr 14, 2014.

1. David Lancaster

It should also gain better hipfire, then it would not be a total nerf.
  2. minhalexus

Will you be happy if they do not change the Lynx as it is right now?
    Will TR players not question why they have a slower firing carbine than NC/VS while they are the RoF faction?

And sure, i do not mind if they give it better Hipfire.
    With LS the hipfire is good enough for me to the point where i do not need better hipfire.
  3. Goretzu

TTK is staying the same though, and useability seems to be way up (higher RoF, less recoil), if anything the 2.0 version is likely to perform better than the 1.0 version (i.e. be a buff).

The ADS is likely a loss, but then with its new stats it is probably to limit its ADS power which may well be too powerful with .75 ADS - however the weapon as a whole seems to be being buffed, if anything, and certainly not nerfed.
  4. David Lancaster

YES!!!!! OH YES!!! Just keep the new model and I'll be golden! 1.0 Lynx preformed slightly better. The extra RPM is just a placebo, and really changes nothing about the gun.
  5. minhalexus

So why did they ever ask for a higher RoF carbine?
    Surely they must've known that RoF comes with downsides which is generally the damage degradation.

Just saying, RoF itself have an advantage in CQC. Leaving DPS aside.
  6. David Lancaster

Because forumside ruins things.
    • Up x 1
  7. minhalexus

And why should SOE listen to just another thread in forumside that wants the old Lynx back?
    They listened and they changed, and now some want the old one back.

You are part of the forumside too, and its possible that many will not be happy if they bring back the old Lynx.

Besides, it has not been released yet, so you can still expect some last minute changes.
    • Up x 2
  8. David Lancaster

I sure hope, the Lynx may be a smidgen worse to fit the TR, ok whatever, I don't use carbines much anyways. But oh please, PLEASE don't nerf the Chaingun! It currently has less effective range than the Jackhammer on the test server!
  9. minhalexus

Agreed on that.

I've already stated that they should make the BRRT a firemode and not an attachment.

That allows the MCG user to have exmags, and the ability to switch to a more accurate version when desired.

This makes is superior than the jackhammer at range, and superior than LMG's in CQC.
    • Up x 2
  10. David Lancaster

I'm ok with that, I was thinking keep the change but make the ADS cone a little more than half the current side on the test server. Either works for me, both are better than cutting its range to shotgun level when shotguns are already way good in that area.
  11. Odin

Love how the dps and rof is too much on the gd7f but it's totally fine nc don't have a single weapon in the lmg category that even come close to the carv, Orion or the mswr in rof or damage.
    Rof and damage are all that matters in this game right now because 90 % of combat takes place in short range.
    Until the devs start balancing the game for longer engagements or nerfing all the short range weapons, everyone is going to want and covet high rof high damage weapons.
    Until I see a single 167 or 200 damage weapon for any class or any faction as the top used weapon by br 100 players I will want high rof high damage weapons. Even once on any class, all of us will want high rof and high damage weapons just because of how meaningful combat takes place in ps2
    • Up x 2
  12. Odin

As a side note I could care less if the gd7f is nerfed, I'd rather have a close in higher rof higher damage nc gun. And the bandit is on it's way so all ok if it's decent.
  13. Zorro

NC weapons are magnetically propelled and thus have the fastest velocity.
  14. Epic High Five

Okay: https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428021759059989185/weapons

Guess which guns are growing in kills and which one hasn't budged in a year?

High bullet damage uber alles, the only stat that matters is KPM and the only thing any gun needs to be great is for the user to be accurate

Good luck, I already got them to agree to give us the TRAP for the Railjack and they still haven't made good on that one.
  15. Bankrotas

And that won't be true from next patch with Bull and CME changes :D
  16. vanu123

And in our default rocket launcher, tanks, etc. The only thing we have that actually receives "no bullet drop" that actually benefits from it is the eidolon.
    • Up x 2
  17. Poppington

The nice thing about the change is that if you'll miss the Lynx 1.0, you have the Jaguar. It's a less expensive, and virtually the same.

The Lynx 2.0 is the SMG TR has been wanting for a while now. While the Armistice is amazing, its usability on other classes is limited due to the tiny magazine. The new Lynx will remedy this gap for TR LA's and Engineers.
  18. Goretzu

The new Lynx is almost an entirely new weapon class, combining the best of SMGs with Carbines.
    • Up x 1
  19. JonboyX

It's a bad example to cite Nanoweave because it doesn't protect you at all from headshots.
    Also; I'm sure the developers are aware but if you balance guns around TTK, then higher ROF wins out. With a lower penalty for a miss, you get a proportionally better result (i.e. k/d) for the same accuracy %. I believe this is why TR weapons have worse recoil in the X axis... simply to accommodate this factor.
  20. Surmise

IMO both weapons should have their RPM reduced to 820ish, 845 is too much for a class that can fly around and get to spots no other class can. in short ttk is too low even for medium range, also serpent has no bullet drop which means putting higher magnificer scope can make it work past medium ranges if the targets are semi-stationary.
    Still two very overpowered weapons just like 0.75 VS lmgs