Feedback Request: Load Screens

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Puredeathnight

Hossin loads rather fast, what ever is making it load fast please do to amerish, indar, and esimir. Ps. I'm running it all on ultra or what ever the max is and it works just fine for me
  2. user101

Ok so now the test server works... And you broke a lots of stuff. Dev's are running all over the place fixing stuff.

Load Screen gives this big pause about 86% though -- WHY ???? just load everything and then bounce the person in the game. Don't just pause for 6 seconds at 86% and then still have thing appear in the game as you enter the tube.

Re-assemble the body on the wait... soul reincarnation if you want... make it blurry when you are waiting.
  3. vanu123

I try logging in, I get to the part where I chose which character I want to play, then instantly crash to desktop. I have validated all of my files, but at least I am not the only one and that it's isolated to test server.
  4. user101

Hossin does not like 334.xx 335.xx drivers... it will crash. Hossin did work with 337.50 one day with me. But I rolled back to 331.82 and the phsyx 1220 drivers... they don't seem to have any problems. Never use ULTRA.......
  5. vanu123

I got it to work, Idk what it was, but it is working. Only difference is that I no longer can hold my knife out.
  6. Colonelveers12

Had no problems logging into Test. Also, I did not notice any significant difference in time. Though I will say one thing, removing the "tips" on the screen makes it have an empty feel to it (or maybe I just don't like I change, could be).
    • Up x 1
  7. Brandmon

Tried it out, loading seems fine, no particular difference; in other words as fast as ever using an SSD.
  8. Norington

Loading Hossin itself is pretty fast. But everytime I spawn (even if it's on a sunderer I died right next to) I get a loading screen, that also hangs at 96% for 10s or so. Pretty annoying when you want to get into the action.
  9. HaskoDood

Same here, it will not even login :(
  10. HaskoDood

Nevermind it booted this time :p
  11. Alanim

I've had a pretty good experience with the loading so far.

First time I loaded the game, and Hossin it loaded about as fast as any continent on live. Then the second time I loaded in, it was roughly twice as fast loading into the game, and having stuff pop up. The third time it got a bit faster, but it hasn't gotten much faster since then.

Overall though, I'm seeing roughly 100-200% faster load times, and I don't have to wait for the game to load all the assets once I actually do get in game.
  12. GhostSpider200

Before like from April 1 thought April 10 every time I selected a character and hit Play the game crashed and sent me to the desktop no error screen (Then on the normal server the same thing but with an error screen). And then today I tried to join the test server and this popes up https://players.planetside2.com/error/game.action?code=G99&info=Unable to connect to Login Server.

PLEASE HELP! :eek:
  13. fractalmoe

I just downloaded the Test client and have not been able to get to the Character Selection Screen. I click Play, and the progress bar is stuck at 15% for about 30 seconds, then crashes and displays the PS2 page with:
    Game Error G99
    Malfunction:
    gameError.defaultMessage
  14. SashsaACIII

exe
    x64
    x86 *norm

Russian
    Значит идет техническое обслуживание ! *PTS
  15. Fned

As of recent patch, no longer crashing to desktop without an error upon hitting the "PLAY" button!

Have not noticed the slow-object-load-in effect yet, loading seems normal so far.
  16. Mexiguy

It gets stuck at 96/97% for around 5-10 seconds, but the loading feels way faster than Live overall, there is a lot of texture popping when deploying for the first time but the terrain, objects and players are fully loaded unlike Live.

Only issue I've had so far is that it still shows a black screen and everything slows down to a crawl for around 5 seconds when first loading the map after logging in, but not after switching continents.
  17. Talthos

As much as I would LOVE to hop onto the Test Server, I put off keeping my PTS client up to date too long, and now it has over 8 gigabytes worth of data to catch up on. Don't think I could sit through that doing something else.
  18. lampwarez

Here in win 7 pro 64 bits always loads the 32 bit modules (shown in task manager) instead of 64 bits (may be just the process name). First PS2 load crashes almost everyday in cert points given message (need to kill in task manager and load again). PS2 test is downloading to check this.
  19. Vanguard 2

yes i know ive crashed my PC so many times using the recorder
  20. MajorPlotPoint

Loading into Hossin from login always gets stuck at 93%. I have waited for up to 20 minutes and it doesn't load. I am using the 64 bit client if that relevant.