[Video] Tank zerg catches infantry in the open, is demolished.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zukhov, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Sulsa

But wait! I thought PS2 was all about vehicles farming poor infantry and that combined arms had no reason to exist! :eek:

Great vid. Thanks for sharing.

"This is the Planestside I love"
    Amen brother :D
  2. ElectricSheepDream

Rip bad tank zerg you drove into massed inf and max based AV in rough terrain and then you died. Truly a grave injustice those mostly uncerted prowlers should have wiped the floor with all of those maxes and infantry hiding behind rocks with little effort.
    For Shame SOE, for shame.
  3. Evilsooty

Yeah, I was watching it thinking why did they get so close to them. At that distance you can't dodge missiles and you will be shredded in no time. Prowlers should hold back a bit in anchor mode and bombard any of those little infantry bastards that pop their heads above cover.
  4. lothbrook

I have more time in my VG than you have in all of your vehicles combined, so when an infantry/lib player tries to tell me tank splash is fine, i'm just going to laugh it off.

No good tanker enters this fight because its a losing battle, at best its a situation where you sit 300m back and lob Heat/ HE shells at groups of infantry and just farm, there is no winning this battle in a tank.
  5. lothbrook

Right you love the fact that infantry roll over tanks without support? What? How does that support combined arms? Shouldn't it be that the infantry in the open need their own vehicles and not that tanks need infantry? lol.
  6. ElectricSheepDream

I don't think the tanks got so close to them as just the infantry caught them napping from the western flank while they all seemed to watch the southern road. (check the map at 0:45)
    Also that constant annoying sound ? Those are the ravens on the maxes. A lot of people don't seem to know this because most NC maxes just run around biolabs with buckshot but ravens are really bad news for tanks.
    So it's actually Footzerg catches tanks napping.
  7. Bvenged

Tanks kill tanks.
  8. lothbrook

It doesn't really matter the tank zerg always loses because their numbers slowly get whittled down while the infantry zerg numbers stay constant due to medics and fast respawning. Doesn't matter which faction either, can't get close where your AI weapons are effective cause you'll eat so many rockets/c4 you'll be dead in seconds, can't just stay at 300m cause AV MANA turrets and lock ons, so again no matter what you do as a tanker your best option is to leave this situation ASAP.
  9. ElectricSheepDream

So as long as tanks aren't immortal they will always lose ? I didn't know it was quite so bad. :((
  10. Sulsa

That's exactly what I think.
    I should have clarified that I will be posting this vid every time someone rages about how 'vehicles need a nerf' and that tank zerg did need infantry.

Ultimately I think that tank zerg should have steamrolled but there are many other variables, mainly player skill and communication, that also affected that outcome.
  11. Frostiken

The insanely quick spawn times (relative to PS1) don't help either. In PS1 you were PUNISHED for dying, and spawn times could be as long as 40 seconds. Not only did this make you want to value your life and thus do less insanely suicidal, stupid things like rush a Prowler with an AT mine in your hands, but it meant that the tanks might have won this since the infantry would all be in the spawn queue instead of just popping out of Sunderers for free.

Combine that with the number of medics you can see on that minimap and the infinite super-fast revives in this game and there is no way for the tanks to even stand a chance. Every guy you kill just instantly turns into a 150 XP prize for a medic two seconds later.

Engineers turrets definitely need to cost resources. At this point I wouldn't even mind making HA rocket launchers cost resources to refill as well.
  12. gualty

Better title for your post: "Nerver overestimate Prowlers"
    ;)
  13. Konfuzfanten

You lack of link to your profile(s), is most telling.

Actually the only thing i could find was: https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428095401433043201 and that cant be right.
  14. Deggeh

Try this, I agree with most of what he's saying and here's mine.

https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428011263374633105
    While that's not exactly the way I'd put it, think of it this way: An infantry zerg is invincible. They literally pick each other up off the ground after dying and keep going. You can't wage a war of attrition against infantry, because everything they have is infinite. Infinite ammo (Engineers!), infinite instant respawn (Medics!).
    The various aspects of the game (tank, air, infantry) require very different levels of logistics to pull off, and since they all get to roughly the same level of effectiveness at peak, the one that requires the least thought is always going to be the best.
  15. Konfuzfanten

I can only say its not the weapons thats the problem, its your accuracy.

You got around 500 HE kills, both from the magrider and lightning - combined. How can you judge a weapon's effectiveness with so few kills?

As a tanker you havnt even auraxiumed the HEAT cannon.

From your stats its pretty clear you perfer AV options, then why complain about AI?
  16. Deggeh

Because HE is so painful to use I haven't bothered Auraxium-medaling it. HEAT is difficult to get used to when you've been face-shooting with AP all along.

I'm going to suggest that you look at my vehicle weapon accuracy again before suggesting that it's bad.
  17. Nocturn0l

Nothing to see here, the NC (infantry) were doubling the number of TR (tanks) in the hex
  18. indianahoops

I really hope the OP inst trying to prove that tanks need a buff or infantry is too strong vs armor.

At the start of the video, around the :43 second mark, tells the whole story...

You have 4 prowlers, a couple lightning, a hand full of troops, and a couple sunders in the wide open and at the bottom of a ridge without a single form of air support. Why in the world they are down there....who knows.

Then you have 40(+) infantry SURROUNDING the "tank zerg" from the south west all the way to the north west on top of the ridge and other random areas shooting down on them.

It was Custer's last stand, tank style...
  19. Hasteras

He's not, if you actually read the original post or the thread you would know that.
  20. CrashB111

Not all of us get the unlimited range of a PPA for a secondary.

The Marauder grenades fall to the ground extremely fast, even moreso if the Infantry happen to be uphill from you. And the Enforcer Modified has an even short distance it can fire.