Automatic word censoring...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wecomeinpeace, Apr 1, 2014.

1. SuperMedicated

I can still swear the higby out of the game on my native language
  2. RadarX

As a reminder folks, avoiding the forum filter isn't something we can allow. We all hope you are enjoying the in game filter
    • Up x 3
  3. Hicksimus

Higby this nanites. Can we at least post pictures of bouncing betties?

I feel like you could say yes and make this the April fools day where everybody gets banned.
    • Up x 2
  4. WyrdHarper

I personally like how "shenanigans" is censored by the game, but it's also one of the replacement words in the new filter.
    • Up x 3
  5. notyourbuddy

These profanity filters are a waste of time and extremely infantile. I can't even say "Tank Shell" because the game thinks I'm trying to say "Hell?"

And really if you get offended by a little profanity then wtf are you even doing on the Internet in the first place? The entire thing is filled with trolls, ****, and the most offensive material known to man. If you can't handle it then go join the Amish and play with your cup'n'ball or something.
  6. QuakerOatsMan

I like the humor that many of the filter words have. I wouldn't mind the devs keeping it that way as an alternative filter.
    • Up x 4
  7. Dill Bagner

The word "Shell" is filtered in game. It reminds me of how Planetside filtered the word "Basement."

I can't talk about tanks very well. What the shell?
    • Up x 2
  8. libbmaster

... And this is why we can't have nice things people.

:( L2L (Learn to laugh)... for our sake, if not yours.
    • Up x 3
  9. Unclematos7

You can make things like N and S bombs show on your chat.

However, things like a particular chancellor of Germany's last name, a name of his party and racial slurs are permanently censored.

Oddly, the word "trigger" was once one of the permanently censored words.o_O
    • Up x 1
  10. Levtech

Check my signature for details on this. SOE is doing some pretty sneaky April Fools stuff.
    NOTE: Removing signature link sometime tomorrow.
  11. iller

constructive feedback will be taking the day off I see.

...maybe the whole week
    • Up x 1
  12. blueangleofdeath

If this is permanent then this is SOE's way of saying use teamspeak or mumble :)
  13. Jaedrik

I don't understand why people are mad. I think it's hilarious.
  14. LibertyOne

You still can't type "We have a bigger problem at Crossroads" in chat. Try it. You'll see.
  15. Wobberjockey

[IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 5
  16. Kemano

I double-checked my filter was toggled off when I got this tell:

u ReachCat eat Dalton u Higby

which was odd both in terms of word choice and capitalization. luckily had already heard about this filter for "Everything is fine please remain calm" Day.

Now if they'd just turn invulnerability back on by fixing the glitch so I would stop worrying about a Warpgate killing me while in my Warpgate.
  17. Being@RT

The Best Company in the World went full Trusted Companion on us.

Even if they remove this filter in the future, I think the player base will keep on using some of these. And no, we will not think it's funny, we will use it because they gave us an opportunity to make fun of them. Laughing at them, not with them.. while hiding behind the cover of "hey, we're not slinging out real insults, I mean you gave this idea to us, you promoted this, it has to be ok".

I know I'll be saying Higby this Nanites a lot just before I quit playing for the day.
  18. Akeita

I'll complain again, my squad leads never put a beacon down because all he saw is I'm spamming the platoon chat asking for "Bacon"... Which is annoying more than fun..

Everyone like bacon, not thing feel as good as saying "Bacon is crispy, drop in you Vanu Sovereignty"
  19. FABIIK

Or play another game ?
  20. Maljas23

No idea. Too many Higby in the world today. We can never just sit down and laugh like the good ol days.

Worst part, these Higby actually make full blown anger/rage posts/threads about it on Forumside 2.