MCG update?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by cruczi, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Zotamedu

I kind of hope that they just copy the minigun mechanics from TF2. So you only get one large magazine. When that's gone, you need to find more ammo. Obviously a fix needs to be implemented so that you cannot get more ammo from engineers while shooting. Also the spin up of the gun is connected to the right mouse button. Holding that keeps the gun spinning which means instant high rate of fire but also locks the player to ADS movement speed. That could be fun.
  2. Sixty

I think MCG can be transformed to 50/1000+(RPM) gun without spin-up time. Removed ADS and replaced with cooling system. Of course it will still have Ammo pool.
  3. JudgeDeath

Is it just me or is TR going to be the next FOTM again ? ... NC had it for few months so I guess its back to TR for the next 6-10months. :eek:
    • Up x 2
  4. Sixty

Don't be scare. Every faction got new goodies. Higby mentioned TR, because we asking him for rebalance over year! And no one listen. So when he say "BOOM TR REBALANCE", then all people read this. Basically its efect like in mall for our grandma-SALE!
    • Up x 2
  5. Goretzu

I suspect this will be exactly the case. :D
  6. DevDevBooday

I love how alot of NC and VS arent looking forward to the rebalance whilst the TR are dancing in the streets singing hallelujah. Just goes to show the current state of TR compared to the other factions. Because TR knows the only way we can go is up
    • Up x 4
  7. Cromell

Ya know, most people don't pick up mini-chainguns to burst-fire them.
    • Up x 4
  8. Goretzu

Well most would say the last few months are the most balanced the game has ever been, barring a few balance issues. But this does seem so far to be basically a TR buff patch (considering PU2 hardly buffed anything NC-wise).

I think the problem is a lot of people seem to want the MCG to have the TTK of a shotgun with the range of an Carbine or LMG...... I don't think it is possible to square that circle.
    • Up x 1
  9. FocusLight

It better be the T5-AMC, it's the most fitting option to get it, being about the only long-range intended carbine.
  10. KnightCole

Well, now no body will be able to complain about low TR pop after this patch =D
    • Up x 1
  11. FocusLight

Maybe not, but the weapon is very accurate at range if you don't let the COF/ROF bloom much, meaning it's a versatile weapon that can be used at mid-range, to decent effect. This is something that gave it a nice touch of usefulness.
  12. z1967

Mechanic wise, I didn't really understand how they would do 900+ RPM. Now, I have a theory that they will create two gun entities firing at their own independent ROFs so that it technically it is like two people are firing two different guns that are noclipped together to have the same COF. IDK if that is actually how they do it or they just have code that registers another bullet for every nth bullet. But still, it might become a more viable weapon than it is now.

EDIT:

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :(

I just want balanced pops... please reserve your TR related shenanigans til at least one week after the patch so we don't have 50% TR pop on every other server :|
  13. Cirevam

MCG should get lockdown. :p A tripod deploys and the user is locked into place and can rotate 360 degrees, but COF bloom is severely reduced. It would be like having an AI mana turret that you can hold in your hands without the giant SHOOT ME shield.

Now get a squad of these guys for maximum taktaktaktakBRBRBRBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    • Up x 1
  14. Booface

I hope they do something cool with the MCG. Give it explosive bullets like the Lasher, maybe, or make it able to damage vehicles, or something.
    • Up x 1
  15. Goretzu

Unless they've solved the engine issue, then it must be something like that, hopefully it will work.
    • Up x 2
  16. Bankrotas

Well I'd love to get old MCG then for NC, if you don't mind.

Aren't both Mossie AA noseguns 1000 rpm? Scratch that, only rotary is 1k rpm. I'm guessing they'll need to do a OMFG 2 after this actually.
  17. Goretzu

There was an engine limit, according to the Devs, something around the 1000 mark IIRC, I dunno if that's been fixed/changed or if they've got a work around as z1967 mentions.

Yeah it could be interesting if there's suddenly 2x the number of bullets everywhere. :D
    • Up x 2
  18. KnightCole

Taktaktak...Parallax! :D:p
  19. KnightCole

Lol 50dmg@1000RpM would be so bad given the horrific Hit detect and other lag related features in this game.

We have almost 900RpM SMG that sometimes lose despite having like 112dmg......cant see how 100more RpM and 50 less damage would be better...

Kinda like the MG3 in BFBC2...1200RpM but like 9-11 dmg or something, vs the other LMG 12-16@600-700Rpm. its fun to shoot but it really doesnt kill much.
  20. Robertooooo

I would settle with it starting up at 600-650 RPM and when the spinup is complete 850 RPM. That would not make it OP since it's barely possible to hit a building at ranges greater than 50 m away on max RPM, if they don't change the current bloom.
    As it is right now the MCG is a fun weapon that only puts the user at a massive disadvantage against most other players.