Remove the other IWin button

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bl4ckVoid, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Ttariel

Im upset that they will change my class, so another class must be changed !
    Gotta love Forumside.
    • Up x 6
  2. Stoneback

Have you every tried this by yourself? Do you know how often we infiltrators get killed after this. And how long we have to wait sometimes to do this? And if we can do this in a group of enemies a few times, then because they are too busy watching all in one direction. I don't feel sorry for them...

You have to see those actions in relations to their frequency.
    Some of our actions might look OP. But we are doing them with much more risk. If you want certs, don't play as an patient infiltrator. ;)
    I don't run from a Sundy right into a Building, kill a few, get killed and run in again. I am using the long way, try to get them from behind. That needs more time and is risky. Sometimes the moment of surprise is the only chance we have to survive. Think about that before you demand a time delay for the infiltrator!

Oh, and look behind you from time to time. ;)
    Best regards!
  3. smegnz

This Chubz guy has played an inf for 9 hours, during this time he scored 56 points/ minute. As he says he found it comically easy to get the drop on players (like a boss!) as an inf whilst accruing this excellent spm! Him stating he plays on ultra and can't see infs sounds like he is just trying to hide the fact he plays on low settings with smoke and mirrors and is angry about it or really is blind. Yes chubs infs are near invisible on low settings, complain about that, no sympathy for your misleading tripe.
    • Up x 4
  4. z1967

You say you play on Ultra yet complain about getting killed by SMG infils past your range of seeing them? What kind of SMG can strike from beyond 100m?
    • Up x 4
  5. Chubzdoomer

I spent most of those hours sniping in the early stages of the game, hence the low SPM. As you can see by my other stats, which you conveniently omitted, I'm a well above-average player and 56 SPM is not at all indicative of my skill level. I tried the Cloak--SMG combo for roughly an hour or so (after I'd been killed by it numerous times, which piqued my interest), and that was more than enough time for me to see that it really was as easy to utilize as I'd figured. Nice profile stalking, by the way.
  6. Aegie

Regardless of what changes take place, cloak is way cheesier than tanking 1-2 more bullets. As an individual fighting style nothing trumps the cheese of push-button near invisibility, combine that with a monopoly of OHK rifles (out to render range) and yeah infiltrator takes the fighting cheese cake. Medic comes pretty close but you need friends for Medic cheese- infiltrator can cheese it all alone. It is the gank class and invisibility is a coward's tool. They may not change anything about it but that does not make it any less cheesy.
    • Up x 1
  7. Eyeklops

The quick knife problem isn't isolated to Infiltrators. The mechanic in general is cheezy.

And yes, I use the quick knife combos a few times a day, but I'll one up you and do it without a cloak normally. Putting 3~4 bullets then quick knifing appears to be the lowest in-your-face TTK, and it saves bullets.
  8. Chubzdoomer

Being within viewing range and being easily visible are two entirely different things, my friend.
  9. Danath

Can we agree that depending on your graphic settings cloaked infils are more or less invisible?
    My experience when I can't see them and attack me up front: I see him/her decloak, we shoot each other, I only see/hear 3 shots and I'm already dead (no headshots) o_O I've even been killed just as the decloack ended according to my client. Is 70-100 ping that high?

Anyway, there are so many ways to die without even having time to react... this is just one more. Dealwithit.gif
    • Up x 1
  10. z1967

So now you are saying that they were out of your field of vision? Please specify this a bit more because this is starting to reek of a large-mammal-that-produces-smelly-excrement's feces.
    • Up x 2
  11. SnipersUnion

You have played for 24 days and 2% of that time is as an infiltrator. Hilariously, you have more kills in a lightning alone than all of your infantry weapons PUT TOGETHER. o_O

You simply have NO IDEA what you are talking about but seeing as the class is something you have suffered in the past, you feel you are an authority on the subject and should be the harbinger of its 'balancing'. You even have the audacity to call it cheese. In reality, you hardly have enough experience to be talking about INFANTRY game play balance, let alone nerfs.

And people wonder why the Devs post on reddit instead of forumside.
    • Up x 2
  12. Chubzdoomer

Being within viewing range = Being rendered.

Being easily visible = Being rendered (obviously) as well as easily seen.
  13. Chubzdoomer

Hey look, another profile stalker!

Ever consider that despite having more kills in my Lightning than with infantry weapons, I've spent LOTS of time playing with BOTH?
  14. BillBoBaggins

Having SMG's for infils increases the amount of infils on the battlefield.Remove SMG for infils then we might actually get players support their empire more.

Way too many infils running around.
    • Up x 1
  15. ADUILO

The infiltrator cloak is overpowered? Seriously?

Okay, let's break down the things that make it "overpowered" (and compare it to the HA shield in it's current state (NOTE: I disapprove of the HA shield nerf)).

Visibility

I can see cloaked infiltrators which are standing running or even standing still perfectly fine from around 20 meters, which is their optimal range (talking about SMG infils here, I'm not going to talk about snipers because that's not what the OP is ranting complaining about). I'm playing on the highest settings, of course, and I heard that there are some visibility issue with the cloak on lower settings, but that's offset by things such as smoke not rendering, disabled flora and disabled shadows, all of which help infiltrators quite a lot. The Stalker cloak is supposed to be basically invisible when crouching, even on high settings.

Weapons

All the other classes have access to the "best CQC weapons" (I assume you're talking about SMGs, though it's arguable that they're the best CQC weapons (for example I prefer the GD-7F to the Blitz(but the Cyclone is still my favorite weapon(yes I do love brackets(we need to go deeper))))) and the Commissioner is not even close to a "shotgun sidearm". It requires three hits to the body or two headshots on all non-infiltrator classes. The heavy assault also has to SMGs and the Commissioner FYI, along with other very good CQC and medium range weapons. I won't argue that bolt-actions are the best long range weapons, though.

Base design

I've seen only one or two bases which favor SMG infiltrators, though there are quite a few bases in which you can get sniped quite easily. This will probably become worse when Hossin is released because it favors close quarters engagements.

Shooting after uncloaking

This wasn't posted by the OP, but I'll still cover it. The HA can shoot while his/her shields are up. The infiltrator can only shoot when he/she uncloaks. That's it.

TL;DR If you're reading this, you're lazy.

Also, this is my longest wall of text ever.
    • Up x 5
  16. SnipersUnion

o_O
    • Up x 4
  17. Chubzdoomer

Referring to infantry weapons obviously, not the Infiltrator class (which I already went into detail about in this post).
  18. Seuchensaal

Nerf everything that kills me... buff everything I´m using.

Every day the same.
    • Up x 3
  19. OldMaster80

You forgot that reloading causes immediate decloaking you didn't mention everyone can have recon darts due to the xbow, that darklight completely negates cloaking, that cloaking can be heard from 100 mts in the best case, lack of any AV weapon and Infiltrators have less shield than any other class in the game. Oh yeah, it's so op...

Stop whining this is just another "I can't fight it so please nerf it" thread. Slap a darklight on that carbine and enjoy the farming. Btw remember EVERY CLASS can carry a smg.
    • Up x 2
  20. PraetorGavorn

• Up x 2