Scheduled Server Maintenance March 21st

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Colonelveers12

It's not a good sign at all when you have to remove safety zones to stop the invul. bug. There are too many bugs in-game, too many unwanted features for SOE to be releasing new content every week. While I do think that releasing new content frequently is a very good sign of a committed dev team. I seriously doubt that the community would mind if you did not release new content for a week or two to fix bugs. Every time you "fix" something it gets even more broken, and even after the broken feature it's still the exact same quality. I don't know much about computer designing or how SOE works in regard to content. But when I look all over the forums and see the community in opposition to one (new kill screen), and it is still in-game is just sad. Like I said I don't know much about how updating works, but it would make sense to implement each area at a different time of day (AU,EU,US). Because every time an update goes out, no matter what time of day, you're killing some continent's fun for their evening.

Most of this is "off-topic" so this will probably be deleted as per what Radar has stated, but these problems are real, and they cannot keep being ignored as they have so obviously been.
    • Up x 1
  2. Zeverouis

I'm wondering but.. Do you guys put monkeys behind computers and call them 'developers'? 'Cause every single time you guys say you 'fixed something (especially with client crashes)' you just make it worse! Before, I could play pretty much fine (new nvidia driver doesn't work well with the current state of PS2 buuuut it's playable). Now, I'm just crashing left and right!
    If there was another mmo fps out there.. That's just as big and addicting as this one.. I'd quit PS2 straight away because you guys can't actually develop anything it seems. That and you DON'T listen to the community what-so-ever.
    • Up x 1
  3. Diodeone

4. Asrap

It's just weird the game went smooth until *this* patch. That's because I'm asking
  5. immabelieber

So when is the BFR patch?
  6. Kryi0s

What could possibly go wrong?
    • Up x 5
  7. Saskia

Your not alone! Ticket is out too...I will be patient until ... yesterday ;):p
    • Up x 1
  8. Nightadder

1. You do not talk about Patch Club!
  9. Copasetic

There's some collision bugs at the new Quartz Ridge: some of the stairs stop your character when you try to run up the middle of them. One problem area is the stairway just south west of point C at the inside corner of the building.
  10. Menelek

With people used to empty their clips on everything that moves in the spawn room, this is going to end well.
  11. RogueElement

Maybe you should postpone this XP event till next weekend since you've said a majority of the issues won't be addressed until Monday. People are going to be trying to play as much as possible while you have it going and the game already isn't running well so you've created a perfect storm of butt hurt for yourselves.
  12. BigCrow

Please stop sudden disconnects. After today's patch I (and 3 of my squadmates) got disconnected 3 times. All at the same time...

Oh, and player / vehicles teleporting :/
  13. Deladin

Wait let me get this straight...

The Crown needed to be easier to capture?

I must be missing something because in my opinion they already neutered any defense at the crown long ago. You should NOT need to have overpowering numbers of defenders to defend a base. The Crown is not even a matter of skill. Unless the Defense outnumber the offense by 10-15% they have almost no chance of defending it. Ya they can hold A point, but that just drags out the fight for 20+ minutes, 20 minutes which are a cert fest for the attackers who most of the time don't even try to take A because they can farm so many certs from the defense trying to push out and take the other two points.

Why some loser at SOE thought it cool to make bases almost impossible to defend when the attackers have the same numbers is beyond me, but they just threw centuries of base/castle design out the window and made the architects in the world complete morons. Apparently space travels makes you ********.

A FAR better system, would be to have a system where the more times you die in a hex, the longer the time to respawn. Regardless of if you're defending or attacking. Or some similar system that promotes smart gameplay. But moving the captures points so far away from spawn was a stupid mistake.

tldr;

The crown is a cert farm for attackers in an even fight, as most attackers won't even try to take A cause they can farm the defense for 20 minutes as they try to push out towards the other two points.
  14. FBVanu

Did the HEAT shells just get smaller with this update today?
    Was just on Indar, shooting Heat.. they looked very different.
  15. R4GING

are you telling me that the 2x in a row I got disconnected while Prowling around and shelling people at range wasn't because of my ISP ?
  16. onadinz

killed by no head player........... o_O
  17. lNeBl

So these patchnotes are the same as yesterdays patchnotes but today's patch is 340 mb? Did I miss something?
  18. FakeBritishGuy

Excellent....84% Vanu population after restart...I'm okay with technical troubles and debugging difficulties but this is an absurd situation to create on a Friday night at peak hours. This is negligence.

Yea...much more of this and I'm gonna be using the visa terms of service to get every dollar back. This is unsat SOE.
    • Up x 3
  19. Mormomboy

Not to mention on mine it crashes when I try to log in. How can I fulfill my official DJ capacities in my outfit if I can't even get on?
  20. NoctD

I think they've actually gone home and turned out the lights in the office too. Its quite literally their biggest boo boo yet!

Btw - I do recognize your name from in game!