So how many Vanguard and Prowler drivers would trade their Main cannon for the Magriders?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LIKE A BOSS!, Mar 20, 2014.

1. LIKE A BOSS!

How many of you all would trade Higher Dps (prowlers) and MUCH Higher velocity (Vanguards or lockdown prowlers) just for a stabilized cannon that has the velocity of a paper ball,hits like a wet noodle and can barely aim up compared to its counterpars? I always wanted to know this. Because NC and TR players make it sound like it is so awesome. Because I sat in a lockdown HEAT prowler today and I was like :eek: what are they talking about? I would trade the Magrider heat for the Prowlers anyday. But thats my opionion...
    • Up x 10
  2. Larolyn

Nope. I like to look behind me without turning the whole frigging tank round. Plus I like shells to go where I point my gun and not flop to the ground. Admittedly I would like to scale hills like a mountain goat.
    • Up x 14
  3. LIKE A BOSS!

I never got why the faction with the no bullet drop trait got the exact opposite on there MBT. Low velocity long reload and crap damage...
    • Up x 12
  4. MorganM

Never. In fact the Vanguard is everything I ever wanted in an MBT. Prowler sucks and Magrider is trash compared to the Vanguard. Not only is the Vanguard default gun clearly better but you get a god mode shield too! Love it; never trade any of it for anything TR or VS have to offer on their MBT.
    • Up x 7
  5. AltF4Fun

The faction traits are weird in all sections of the game,not just with tanks.:)
    • Up x 4
  6. NC_agent00kevin

Maggies need a bit of a velocity buff, but not to Vanguard status. There does have to be a drawback for the stabilized cannon. Its just a little bit much right now. I believe they recently buffed its range of motion too, did they not? I would venture to say that that slightly inferior elevation range is due to the fact that not only can the Magrider go where no tank has gone before, but can hover there with a very stable main gun.

That said, I have no issues shooting down ESFs with it. It just requires a bit more experience. Since I do it with Lightnings on a regular basis, its no problem. In fact, at times it can be a benefit, hitting tanks you dont even have a LoS on. Something that again, requires experience and a little bit of luck.
  7. LIKE A BOSS!

There is already enough drawbacks 1. having to turn your tank all the way around 2. Worse FOV 3. Horrible time aiming at air (compared to Vanguards and Prowlers they can aim farther up).
  8. NC_agent00kevin

AFAIK the FoV is the same.

2 Pros, 2 Cons. Sounds pretty fair. A slight velocity buff is all it needs. Or were you not around for Magrider Hill Super Strafe Sniper Tanks?

+ Stabilized cannon / - turn the whole tank

+ Increased Mobility / - decreased range of Motion

Not sure how it gets more balanced. When it comes to the cannon itself.

Projectiles could use a slight buff, strafe is fine as is. Problem with strafe is people think they should be able to dodge everything shot at them Matrix style, which is obviously OP. You already have to predict the strafe pattern and make them literally drive into your shell at range. Anything more would be absurd.
    • Up x 5
  9. deggy

The Magrider Hill Super Strafe Sniper Tank is long gone, and that's because the Prowler and Vanguard have been buffed to compensate.

If the launch Magrider was put back in the game today it wouldn't break the balance.
    • Up x 3
  10. Jake the Dog

Lol I've made a TR character and been rolling with NEONgrind on connery. DO NOT KNOCK THE PROWLER. Do not underestimate that vehicle. tbh I would trade shield for lockdown on my van (which I have fully certed btws). My prowler has less than 50 certz in it but I already wreck vans all the time. Maybe its skill. I dont know, but I have no hate for the prowler. The mag however has a huge advantage at range due to its range of motion. However I hate its design I dont like the lack of a turret, but its ability to strafe on 2 dimensions of movement, unlike the van and the prowlers 1 dimension of movement that require time to change direction, it however is a better concept of a tank destroyer than an mbt. and that is the main problem imho. Our tankz arent the problem the vanu tank is just plain stupid.
  11. Meliorist

Trick question. Does the vanguad/prowler just get the magrider cannon stats, or would it come with all the unique traits of the magrider? Fixed turret, hover, turret stability, strafe capability; wich of these would be included?
    • Up x 4
  12. deggy

The lower elevation angle, a (let's pretend) stabilized gun. And the lower velocity and damage, of course.

You can keep your turret.
    • Up x 1
  13. SavageBacon

Mobility is pretty huge, but the mag especially shines when it has the secondary gunner. I'm also a fan of the hopping over enemy tank and quickly turning about to unload the Saroun and Maingun into the backside... it's ballsy but hotdamn if you don't drop that tank real fast.
    • Up x 4
  14. Aesir

There is no need for Magrider stabilization, just mark the center of your screen and fire in third person.

Recoil an issue? Swap to third person just before firing and than back into first person.

In all seriousness the Magriders PC gun is bad. The TTK difference between a HEAT/Halberd and a PC/Saron is over 3 seconds, in favor of the Prowler.

However, FPC coupled with a Saron is actually pretty strong and a FPC/Saron combo maxed can kill a Prowler in 6,76s. A not locked down maxed AP/Halberd Prowler in return can kill the Magrider in 6,5s. A difference of 0,26 seconds ... actually pretty balanced if nobody would use ES abilities ...

AP/AV secondary combos, without ES abilities used is actually fairly balanced, with a few combination as an exception(FPC/Halberd).

While HEAT guns in any AV secondary combination are mostly all over the place, ranging from 1 to 4 seconds difference of TTK in similar cert progress.

And of course, once we throw in ES abilities ... everything changes against the Magrider, because maxed AP/AV Vanguards can almost kill a Magrider within the duration of the maxed shield. And Anchor Down Prowlers flat out melt them ...
    • Up x 3
  15. NC_agent00kevin

Lol, so a very marginal increase in projectile velocity would balance pre-nerf magrider? And what Prowler buff balances out the release magrider? Have you not seen the old stats? Magriders had nearly the same amount of kills as both other factions tanks combined! As it stands the Magrider still outperforms the Vanguard, so explain me that.

I can see any real balance discussion with you is going to be pointless, but Ill give you the same opportunity I give everyone else. (probably more since you arent such a bad forumsider) Refute my claims with hard data, or explain exactly why you feel this way. Both would be best, but one or the other would contribute to a real discussion on the matter.

I will wholeheartedly thank you for not turning this into a name calling festival though. Thats a heck of a lot more mature than most forumsiders are. :) Usually when some disagrees here, they call you stupid, get condescending, and refuse to acknowlege anything but their own opinon, refusing to back it up with any facts.
  16. SenEvason

Not really. I like the high damaging shot. I wish I had turret stability on it though. It feels weird to be driving across a flat stretch of road and having the barrel bounce around.

Also, elevation isn't an issue when you can just park on a slope.
  17. LIKE A BOSS!

Fixed turret isn't really an advantage....
  18. CrashB111

You won't get people trading just for the Magrider FPC/PPC.

Of course that isn't the magrider's main gun either, throw in the Saron and you are much more likely to have some takers.
    • Up x 4
  19. LIKE A BOSS!

Magrider outperforms they vanguard in kills because they don't have a decent AI ES weapon even though they have a better cannon. And a lot of NC don't know that they have a iwin button at there time of need.
  20. LIKE A BOSS!

Saron would be OP on the prowler Best main cannon + one of the best secondary wounldn't be balanced. Thats why you are stuck with crap secondaries. A single prowler will do just fine. A Magrider without a gunner you are better off pulling a lightning.
    • Up x 1