Need server merges - Late night play is flatlined

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DeadAlive99, Mar 18, 2014.

1. indianahoops

I said the exact same thing about a week ago and people freaked out...

1500 people at "primetime" is a joke for a MMO promising huge battles.

Connery prime time 7pm-10pm: (which is suppose to be one of, if not the most, populated US server):
    * Esamir is a ghost town
    * Indar has two 48vs48 fights on good nights. One on bad nights
    * Amerish has one, maybe two, 48v48 fights on good nights. Zero on bad nights

Waterson is about the same, maybe a little less.
    There is NEVER a continent that is locked.....NEVER.

The servers are dying....merge them.
  2. Luighseach

The lag would be terrible though. I could imagine the rage between euro and US players depending on where it was located.

Honestly the more I look at it the more I want a Merge for Waterson and Matherson but I also know that the game needs room to grow and merging would only help the now.
  3. DQCraze

No merger needed we have plenty of fights with 100+ people on Matherson, just last night at Regent Rock there were 300+ between the VS and NC.
    • Up x 1
  4. Lucidius134

but Ping
    • Up x 1
  5. Bonius

^This

I play on NA servers as a european. 150+ ms just doesn't work in an infantry fight. Luckily I found the Vanguard and have moved from being a ground-pounder to a treadhead. Works wonders!
    • Up x 1
  6. soultrax

First thing SOE need to do is fix the God dam game and sort the bugs out, and for get all the cosmetic suite and put some real content in to the game like hossin, cont lock, resource vamp maybe then people will come back to ps2. I mean come on what you expect when players have to wait like 18 months for a new continent at this rate ps2 won't be complete till 2020.
  7. 3asyD

Agreed also another OMFG and players will start to come back.
  8. z1967

I don't think you quite understand something. Yes the West coast servers were merged, but the high nightly population is the Asian players who I guess get better internet connecting to the US west than the AU server. Merging Mattherson and Waterson would result in 3,000 person prime times and 300 person off times. So nothing would change except the charlie foxtrot that is a server merge. It would also kinda screw over the TR on the East coast because of the overall higher populations of VS and NC. So I vote no on this.
    • Up x 1
  9. indianahoops

Nothing would change by doubling the population?

Wouldn't there be more larger battles?
  10. z1967

Yes there would. But it would only affect the NC and VS positively unless the Waterson TR want to make a comeback in population levels. The TR would suffer from the merge of the US East servers. Aside from that, server merges should be a last ditch effort for populations not a silver bullet. Wait a few months and if the situation doesn't improve then merge the servers.
  11. Pootisman

PS2s EU servers are crap, we Europeans often have a faster and more stable connection to US servers.
  12. JudgeNu

I wonder why that is?

Anyway I it would be pretty kool to have Euros logging into Matherson.
    I have personally known some great PvP'rs from Scandinavia , UK, Scotland, France, Russia, Greece.
    On the good guy side as well as the bad guys.

It would definitely keep the server populated on US non-primetime and partially populate the in-between times

It would be a question of faction OP, they could give a one time free pass for a merged server to switch factions an take all their certs, used and unused, as well as their name.

Other games have done this, as well as limited character creation of race/faction.
  13. MajiinBuu

I wish we had the old Crown. You could always count on a decent fight, no matter what time it was
    • Up x 1
  14. Vodski

Just merge east and west servers. I currently live closer to the east servers, but Connery has decent pop through all times of the day, so I play there. If people complain about lag, just put the US servers in the middle of the US (like Oklahoma or something). Have the Asians connect to a server in Australia or some ****, and I am sure their ping will go up from what it is right now.

Currently my ping to connery, ranges from 100-160 and it rarely affects my play, and that is west coast. Putting a server in Oklahoma (or some other central state) would balance it out over having one coast or the other, if they merge.
  15. Whatupwidat

I work 4-days on 4-days off at a factory so I get 4-days off between work...so what I do is have a character on an EU, US-East, and US-West servers.

That way when it's like 4am on the EU server and everyone goes to bed, I move to US-East, then again to US-West, then it's back to EU. Works pretty good in my experience, even if lag is sometimes a problem for me on the USW servers at their peak time.
    • Up x 1
  16. DeadAlive99

Logged off about 3 hours early last night. Trying to find fights is exhausting. Hunt, click, roam, respawn, hunt, click, roam, respawn.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You know what's amusing? 2v2 at an Amp/Tech.