The DUSTER is GARBAGE !!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by x7xBillyDaKidx7x, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Vixxing

Should be configured so it could be used solo-libbing, like you hit D and it empties a clip... (the spread is so ****** theres no point having a gunner anyway)
  2. MasonSTL

Well there is the PTS that is also free and has both of those to test, ask someone in game that does have it if you can gun for them to try it out... at least you don't have to worry about it getting nerfed. In all honesty if you 'dont like spending 10 dollars on looks and sounds' don't buy it until you try it out, seems like a irresponsible use of money.
  3. gigastar

Well the Zepher puts down more splash damage, with much greater range and accuracy. Zepher also carries more reloads in reserve. Reload speed is the same.

So for all the intents and purposes of griefing infantry, the Zepher is better.
  4. Battleballs

To me it's like a finished game but with problems that repeat or never change since beta.
  5. Aractain

Remember, this was going to be the TR weapon so don't expect it to be good lol.
  6. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

So ive been giving it a try since i like the idea . Heres the problem with duster. You fly into a base to give your infantry support with duster. Problem is ,its not accurate enough to help , I kill more friendlies than bad guys cause the spread is all over the place. Not good for infantry support . And you have to get to close with it ,to easy to get dumb fired . Yes it is fun to hit and run with it but that only works about 3 or 4 times then some esf comes up and cleans your clock !! Only to blow up with a few assists from recent bomb runs . A more concentrated group of shots would help this weapon.
  7. PraetorGavorn

As the Duster is, it is NOT garbage, it just far more specialized than any of the other belly guns.

Simply put, it is better at farming infantry than the Zephyr because it can kill a few more in one strafing run and and at a noticably faster rate, allowing to to fly low and fast to use buildings, trees and hills for cover more effectively. Bare in mind that infantry are the most common enemy in the game. So if you want to farm infantry all day and rely on others for taking care of vehicles and aircraft, then the Duster is your best friend.
  8. AgentSpades

Are you on some sort of illegal mind changing drug? I have a duster, and as it is currently, it is not an effective gun, even with low level fast strafing.
  9. PraetorGavorn

And as others have stated already, it will most likely receive a buff since it's not good enough for most people. ForumSide will have its day.
  10. Luighseach

Actually you couldn't trial the Duster. But really who doesn't have a little patience before they buy things.
  11. Vixxing

Problem is with the guns spread, you are likely to kill just as many allies as enemies in a run... And there is really nothing you can do about it with that hideous, hideous, accuracy