Stock Lib now take THREE Titan-150 AP Rounds

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Klypto, Mar 14, 2014.

1. HonoluluBoy

I would like to point out that the real problem here is the hacks. There would be less crying about nerfs if the auto-aim bots were't so devastating.

Follow my lead and uninstall the game, and unsubscribe from PS2 and SOE. They are now the kings of the free-to-hack genre.
    (I've played PS2 since beta and have now said goodbye for good)
  2. Latrodectus

I'm not going to lie, I figured that you were above things like this and that the little bit earlier was just a late-night slip up, but alright. If you would have spent just a modicum of effort digging a little before jumping to that conclusion, you would realize that my Prowler stats practically mirror my Mossie stats. In fact, the ONLY reason I've spent more time in a Mossie than a Prowler (a whopping 2 hours, at that) is because so much of that time was spent trying to learn how to not crash into trees. I like to indulge in as many aspects of PS2 as I can, if only to have a firmer grasp on the way all of its moving parts interact with each other. I am not a tanker, I am not a pilot, nor am I a foot soldier. I am a PLAYER, and I will continue to strive for a game that is equally fun no matter how you choose to play it.

Or at least that's what I would say if you were being serious and not just trolling. After all you've spent far more time in your Liberator and Reaver than your Vanguard.
  3. maudibe

I dont play in tanks much, but the Lib OP nature is REALLY annoying. What gets me, is why did they make the Lib so resistant to damage when it was OP before and i haven't seen ANY number of posts complaining about the LIb needing more protection. What gets me is that once a lib with dalton just hovers over the spawn room there is now nothing to be done about it. If you get a burster Max by the time you go out to shoot at it directly over head YOUR DEAD. If you get an HA lockon you ARE DEAD before you can get the lock. The new trend is to bring a sundy and small crew and a LIb and a couple of rocket pod ESFs and you can take the smaller bases easy. Since the devs dont believe in having teleporter rooms where a guy could use a burster Max or Lock on to 'Surprise" the Lib and ESFs from, the base gets flipped. A MBT is of no effect compared to a LIB in how much control over the base is exerted. I am absolutely afraid of libs when taking a tank out and having to make it to the next base as once im out in the open i can never deal with a Lib or ESF. I might get lucky with the Viper and get an ESF enough to kill it but never with the LIB. And since he can hover right above me and give me NO SHOT at him, he has nothing to worry about and cant be hit or damaged in any way. Oh and stop allowing damage to go thru walls. Walls keep damage from going thru otherwise why let walls stop bullets, just let them go thru too, see if anyone plays anymore.
  4. Codex561

They nerfed something that was not intended. Do you know how frustrating it is if you get an angle on the lib and the way its going to run after the first shot? They might as well just bail or something.
  5. p10k56

And those points for assist. Now I am thinking twice to engage enemy tank with my AP prowler.
    To put my tank to danger and then see how some jerk manage to have last hit and me receive 90xp for assist.
    At least for hitting air target one got some xp but why not for ground?
  6. Cinnamon

Farmers union must have lobbied pretty hard for these changes to the liberator all I'm saying.
    • Up x 2
  7. Meliorist

As someone who's primary vehicle is an ap vanguard, I support this change.
  8. Meeka

Liberators shouldn't be hovering or flying low enough to be easy targets for tanks in the first place.
    • Up x 5
  9. Prudentia

Why don't you bring Antiair? You shouldn't be able to outperform a weapon system that is dedicated to role with a weapon system that is dedicated to a completly different role. No matter how "skilled" you are, he best thing you should hope for is defending yourself if you have help, not winning everytime even when alone.
  10. lothbrook

Had a lib pin me inside a tower base, he'd fly low enough to fire the tank buster into the doorway, eat a couple tank rounds and half an enforcer mag and then just go up and repair, i couldn't leave the base despite an aircraft flying at almost eye level to my VG and i couldn't kill him.... Libs were already the most dangerous thing to my tank and now they can just sit right in front of me without any fear, sure i could put AA on my VG, but then i'm lunch for any tank with AV secondary on the field, and its not like the AA secondaries are even that effective against libs unless they're in mass.

This patch has been a sick joke between the lib CA upgrades, the assist xp nerf, and the invincible bugs. In my opinion they should have enticed liberators to fly higher with better ESF resistances and protections, nerfed the belly gun against air, buff the tail gun, this way the belly gun stays pointed at the ground, and the tail gun deals with the air attacking the lib.
  11. Klypto

I have to stop and say that this seems like a complete and total tin-foil hat thing.

In the 1228 hours I've played since launch, I have not encountered a single person I legitimately thought "this guy is hacking". I've been accused of hacking quite a few times, but that's their problem.

The only hacker I encountered was early in beta. He stood on a rock with a T9 CARV north of Zurvan and insta-snapped headshotting anyone who came into his line of sight of him (360) while shooting full auto and killed entire squads without moving.

If you go to any of the "regular" hack sites you won't see any working hacks available you can use. Only videos and references to the ones they had in beta. I'm not saying there are no hacks, just that the only working ones are privately used ones and few at that. It's so incredibly rare to encounter one that it's basically a non-issue.

Yeah, I've seen some people abuse some glitches like getting their tank inside a rock to shoot at people, or drop podding on an ammo tower before it renders to shoot out of it at people passing by, or a glitched scythe that was invincible. But none of those were hacks, just bugs with the game.

Sorry, I'm just not that bad at this game to think people are hacking if they are better than me.

You don't even have 100 hours in the tank, but either way I still want to know your side of why you support the change.

Outperforming is a bit of an overstatement. Nowhere did I say that I win every time when I am alone. In fact, I said it wasn't exactly easy to hit a lib with AP. Winning vs an actual pilot is more of a 1 out of 5 chance even before the nerf.

But why is role a limit?

I've killed a number MAXs with only my pistol. Clearly the game did not intend players to go around pistol-killing maxes, but you can do it if you have the skill to and the other player is dumb / unlucky enough.
    Should MAXes have their sidearm resistance raised?

Or maybe running around quickscope headshotting shooting people with a sniper rifle. I'm now outperforming SMG's in CQC. Should snipers be nerfed from being used in CQC?
  12. chrisbeebops

You are thinking about this wrong.

Different Liberator pilots have different styles. Sure in a small battle, a Liberator can do whatever it wants and with a good crew you will wreck. But in a large fight, having success with any aircraft (especially Liberators) is extremely challenging. Aircraft flying over a base has a view of the entire base yes, but it also means every single MAX, Heavy Assault, Vehicle, AA Turret, whatever in a base has line of sight on the aircraft and can fire at it.

Take an Amp Station for example. An MBT pushing towards the outer vehicle shields will perhaps have a few base turrets aimed it. The MBT isn't going to charge at the gate and get bombarded by 5 AV base turrets at once. It is suicide. Just like it is suicide for Liberators to fly over amp stations which will give line of sight to 5 or more AA base turrets.

This leaves two options for Liberators in large battles: Fly lower to minimize the number of damage sources which can target you at once, or fly very high (flight ceiling) and try to snipe tanks from above G2A lockon range. Flying low and aggressive is a hell of a lot more fun than sniping from flight ceiling, but it is extremely hazardous as you will be flying through the firing arc of tanks. Increasing Liberator resistance to tank shells in addition to the changes to Composite Armor promotes this more aggressive play style. It also makes the Shredder a much more appealing choice -- the Shredder is not good for sniping since it suffers from harsh damage falloff, while the Dalton has no damage falloff.

As a player who mains VS, I am pretty uncaring about the decreased effectiveness of my tank versus aircraft, since the Magrider main cannon is the hardest one to hit aircraft with anyway. Perhaps if you look back over a year ago, you will remember when tank shells were much slower and it was far harder to hit aircraft with them. Vanguard and Prowler projectile speeds were buffed to make it easier to hit the strafing Magrider, but had an unintended side effective of making them much easier to hit aircraft. I see this change as balancing the increased ease of hitting with tanks with a decreased reward.

Not to mention since then, we've had a lot of changes which gave ground forces much easier to acquire counters to aircraft -- G2A lockon reduced from 1000 Certs to 250 Certs, Free Burster MAX arm, Basilisk buffed massively and can now shoot almost straight up, etc.
  13. EliteEskimo

Except according to the Oracle of Death the Vanguard actually took down a higher number of aircraft then the Prowler lol.
    Lets look at the AKPU (The amount of air vehicles shot down stats) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...aC0tZTFrdmVFMjF0Rkhrb0VIRFE&usp=sharing#gid=7
    The Vanguard is actually shooting down more aircraft than the Prowler! (Nerf the Vanguard?;):rolleyes:)

Do you believe everything you read in the Patch Notes? The patch notes also said the Prowler's Vulcan was being nerfed since it was out performing the Halberd and all other ES AV weapons. Hmmmm, but based on my 350+ hours of tanking and actually owning a Halberd/Vulcan and knowing the Vulcan was actually under performing before the nerf would suggest otherwise. As would the Oracle of Death's Stat page. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AshlLUNJ_SE8dFVmLWg3MkN5YWlncmJYSVlJbzh5ZXc&usp=sharing
  14. Devrailis

Because players want advantage.

If they can limit your role to their advantage, then it is good.

Hence the following:

Liberator's intended role - ground busting
    Liberator in practice - may one-shot ESFs - this is good, this is not the liberator's intended role but promotes skillful play.

AP Tank's intended role - ground busting
    AP Tanks in practice - may 2 shot liberators - this is outside their intended role and thus must be nerfed.
  15. Mongychops

I am frankly shocked at the lack of VS players expressing their concern about this issue, in this thread :rolleyes:
  16. Goden

The only time a tank cannon is going to hit aircraft is if the pilot is being too risky with his flying and is flying too low around tanks. If he gets hit while doing this then that is the pilots problem.

The thing is - this is how most Lib pilots fly because if they don't fly as low then they can't rake in certs from farming entire platoons.

So again it's the pilots problem. If they wanna fly that low then they deal with the risks they take.

Also until The Skyguard and Burster are not 1000 certs then the "bring AA" argument is worthless. Not everyone is made of money.
  17. BengalTiger

If there was a way to deliver C4 upwards (a sling or something), Liberators would be wrecked 15 seconds after stopping in mid air and C4 users would claim it takes a lot of skill to hit a Lib and costs resources, therefore it's fun for everyone and balanced.
  18. Mongychops

On a more serious note, I would urgently suggest:

1) That the "Top Armour" certification for the Lightning get a makeover, (like Composite Armour for the Lib) and be changed from a 10% reduction to damage from above, to "Reduces damage taken from air based weapons by x%" with "x" being a number big enough to double (at least) the amount of damage that a Lightning with this cert can take from Aircraft, from any direction.

2) That the amount healed by the maxed out Fire Suppression certification for the Lightning be increased from 12% to something like 15-20%.

I don't think the Skyguard weapon should be buffed any more to prevent it from gibbing aircraft when you get a few together, what should happen is that the Skyguard should be harder to destroy without a combined arms approach.
    • Up x 2
  19. Latrodectus

Not sure where you're going with this. I'm fairly certain this is just us agreeing that they consistently nerf the wrong things for the wrong reasons.
  20. FaLI3N

Are you kidding me? Shoot at anything that looks like it flies. Flying means death to a tanker, from flying LA fairies to one-clipping ESF's and <2second TTK libs. If i see a flash that looks like it has NS-Turbo i make it my first priority just in case it flies.

In all seriousness though this update is a hot mess. Haven't even touched my maggie since that patch and with all the liberators around atm along with the terrible projectile velocity of the FPC and increased number of shots required to kill, I don't think I will.

I went to TR for the sole purpose of killing anything that flies because I was so sick of being gibbed by liberators that have quieter engine sounds than an ESF.