XP Assist Drop?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liquidrider, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Stealth1

A better balance needs to be reached because its having a negative impact on the game IMO.

I'm already seeing intentional kill stealing which is frustrating, and its only going to get worse.

Support roles like Skyguard etc are even less attractive now which is the last thing you want after a Liberator buff.

Increasing the grind for new players after going ahead with the controversial death screen minimap to appease them is seemingly a good way to alienate both.
    • Up x 4
  2. Thurwell

Don't feed the trolls.
  3. cruczi

Kill stealing was just as rewarding before as it is now
  4. Aelyn

This change encourages players to hold their shots and wait until someone else deals damage enough to put the vehicle in a critical state and would only require one tank shell, Halberd shot or whatever you're using, in order to destroy it. That doesn't really make teamplay more appealing... something this game need more of.
    • Up x 2
  5. Robertooooo

That depends. If they have no air support it's possible to do hit and run attacks with a AP lightning. I have done so and my personal best before a lib destroyed me was 5 vanguard kills in 10 minutes :D
  6. Robertooooo

Yes. But now it affects the ''would be killer'' more because they don't get more than 100-200 XP for their trouble.
  7. NC_agent00kevin

I noticed abysmal numbers tonight for damaging vehicles a lot...I put 2 C4 on a Sunderer, detonated them, and someone finished it off. I got 127xp for it. Waste of C4 and the time it took. I could have killed several Infantry in that time and got far more XP.
    • Up x 3
  8. Hunter_Killers

It's great we finally get crew XP after asking for it just over a year ago now. But this is ridiculous. There was nothing wrong with the previous system to warrant completely castrating it like this. There's no reason for me to be shooting at vehicles from a reward perspective at all. It's a complete waste of time now if I know I won't get the kill. Moving away from a flat reward just removes any incentive to even bother helping 80% of the time because of how most AV weapons work. Better off sticking to infantry zergs.
    • Up x 1
  9. Liquidrider

Two separate occasions:
    I managed 90% damage on 3 enemy Libs/ ESF and had stolen last minute by stray bullet or a random ESF joining the fight. I racked up only 290-330 XP total for those 3 assists.

The resources spent on Explosives / Air Vehicles / Ground Vehicles is no longer justifiable behind the XP gain when there is a good chance the kill will be taken.

This is another update a majority did not want and was snuck in. This really needs to be fixed as soon as possible or re-worked.
    • Up x 2
  10. Thurwell

You know what's funny, unless you do almost all of the damage on a vehicle and get one of those rare 100+ xp assists, infantry assists are worth more than vehicles now.

I suppose since reverting or fixing this change missed the post patch hotfix round we'll have to wait while the devs have a bunch of meetings about it and decide to put it in a future patch. Sigh.
    • Up x 2
  11. LibertyRevolution

Any vehicle I hit with an single lancer shot payed me 300+XP...
    So like 5 tanks all roll up, I dink them all once, and would make 1500+XP off assists..

I had no reason to try and kill any of them, I would just hit as many of them as I could for free certs.
  12. Flashtirade

And? You're helping out the team by shooting enemy vehicles. Why shouldn't you be paid for it?
    • Up x 3
  13. LibertyRevolution

Because it is too easy to make it worth so much XP.
    It is a risk reward problem.. There is like 0 risk in me dinking a tank with a lancer. So getting 300XP for it was too much.

I started playing at launch. At launch you got 0XP for assists and you only got 100XP for killing a MBT.
    So for me to get 300XP for dinking them a lancer, seems like WAY to much XP.
    The game is not grindy enough anymore... Needs more grind. I am perfectly fine with assist paying 50XP.

The way the game is now, you make 1000 certs in like 12 hours.. how they gonna sell SC when there is no grind? :rolleyes:
  14. Flashtirade

I've been playing since launch as well. I was pretty awful, so I don't remember how I made the grind up to decently certed now. However, let me tell you a little story from a few days ago.

I was one of a small group of NC defending against a big TR push on Amerish during an alert. It was a pretty hopeless fight, but I had taken it upon myself to at least deter some of their air away with my Annihilator so that the other guys could hold onto the points longer. I spent about 15 minutes doing AA duty, getting the occasional 20-25 XP for each time I hit an aircraft. I didn't get any kills this way, nor was I expecting to. One of the libs died later and I got 40-ish XP for the assist.
    Eventually we get pushed back to the spawn, and so I decide to spend the remaining few minutes taking potshots from the spawn at a few guys camping it. I kill 2 people in 3 minutes for about 100 XP each, netting me more XP than all of the time I spent doing heckling aircraft with my Anni, and then I get shotgunned in the back as the base turns over.

Even at the abysmal rate at which I was getting kills (they were hiding pretty well), I could have made so much more XP being a spawn room warrior than I got for helping my team by annoying their air away. Tell me how this encourages good gameplay. A measly incentive is not that different from no incentive, especially when there are more profitable ways to earn XP.
    • Up x 3
  15. LibertyRevolution

You didn't kill the lib, so you deserve only peanuts.

I have comments in various threads saying XP from spawn rooms need to be removed as there is no risk, so you should get no reward.

Hopefully someday SOE will get a clue and fix the XP for people camping in spawn.
    They got the clue and lowered XP on freshly spawned guys to 25XP, time to do the same for the guys in the spawn.
    • Up x 1
  16. Refalz

First of all sorry for my bad english, i agree with you, i think this really ruins the game, after thinking for a while until they fix this, i dont think is worth playing anymore at least for me cos it is not fun anymore, i mean i like the game i'm almost br 45, but i just dont like being killing infantry all day, sometimes i like to be dealing some damage to vehicles even if i dont get the kill, now is worthless to do that, im sorry but im leaving the game for a while until they do something more fair...what a joke 50 exp for leaving a scythe burning but not giving the last shot?
    • Up x 2
  17. Lazaruz

Awesome. I actually spend more infantry resources on two sticks of C4, than the amount of XP I get from setting a sundy on fire.

Please go back to the old system. These back and forth design decisions are getting tiresome...
    • Up x 1
  18. NC_agent00kevin

Agree with spawn XP and spawn room XP; disagree with change to vehicle XP. 2 C4 netted me 127 XP earlier; and it was not the C4 that killed a Sunderer with little HP left. It was finished off with a single rocket. That doesnt sit right with me; spending the resources for 2 C4 and getting jack while a guy with a free rocket rakes in the XP for the kill. This will encourage me to sit and farm the Sunderer instead of taking it out.

Skyguarding today was a dismal payout as well. 36XP here, 84 XP there. Not even worth the time, trouble and resource cost.
    • Up x 1
  19. IamnotAmazing

you are literally just argued against xp for everyone...
  20. R4GING

the best solution would be to completely remove vehicle assist exp and instead give more exp for damaging air vehicles, then make damaging ground vehicles also give exp (if those engineers repairing gets exp, so does the players damaging it).
    assist exp should have always been an infantry thing only because infantry TTK is very low anyway.