XP Assist Drop?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liquidrider, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Liquidrider

Was there an XP drop in assist kills for ESFs? I am not sure if my premium membership isn't registering or there was a drop in the XP bonus for an assist kill.

Prior to update I got a 380-460XP for assisting in a kill
    After update I am getting 80-120XP for assist.

Is this happening for anyone else?
    • Up x 7
  2. LibertyRevolution

Assists used to pay way to much XP, I am glad they fixed it.
    Getting 300+ XP just for hitting someone was kind of a joke you know.
    • Up x 1
  3. gigastar

Seems a bit strange that such a change would come out of nowhere and not get a mention in the patch notes.
    • Up x 15
  4. WyrdHarper

It was in the PTS patch notes, not the live ones, but assists now give xp proportional to damage given, so for assists where you tap the guy you'll get less, but if you do most of the damage your exp will still be substantial.
  5. Wezdor

Would you like to back that up with a citation because i can't find anything to that effect on the PTS?

I still think it's (hopefully) a bug. Otherwise, this patch really can just go ahead and get the "Worst patch 2012-2014" award.
    • Up x 3
  6. Pikachu

I thought it was strange to get 300 for shooting one bulldog shell on a magrider.
  7. NinjaTurtle

I think it should depend on how much damage you do. If I do 90% damage I should get 90% xp. If someone steals the kill they can have the kill and the final 10% xp
    • Up x 3
  8. ChampagneDragon

Substantial?

I do a lot of skyguard play. I can now unload a full clip plus into a lib and get a whopping 81 points for it.

Skyguards do not get a ton of air kills. They're a DETERRENT. The XP given for assists is now a deterrent for me pulling one. Enjoy the lib spam.
    • Up x 16
  9. MuldoonX9 Developer

Something that was missed in the patch notes was scaling assist xp for infantry and vehicles. Sorry about that.
    • Up x 9
  10. WyrdHarper

Haha! Knew I wasn't crazy!

How does this work? Is the threshold for getting assists now lower? Is the cap also lower, or is it the same, just harder to get?
    • Up x 1
  11. Landaren

It's a crappy change, 34 xp from 2 clips of nose gun ammo and 12 coyotes into a galaxy.

Thanks, but I'm just going to repair stuff now shooting is no longer worth my time
    • Up x 8
  12. WyrdHarper

Muldoon said on Reddit he'll talk to the programmers responsible and let them know that people would like to see it increased.
    • Up x 2
  13. AzureKnight

The assist drop surprised me. I hope they make it based off of damage because i use to get 247xp for lib assists and now I get 80 (due to namely XP boosts). I think it's stupid that if you do similar damage as someone else, but they get the kill, they get far more than you however.

like, if if my rocket does 50% damage, and their rocket does 50% damage after mine, I get a paltry fraction of what they got...

Really, I do hope they edit the assist and make it based off damage done.
    • Up x 4
  14. faykid

Could it be that the scaling is bugged? I can't believe that two Nemesis rockets into a Liberator give as much XP as the lowest tier of infantry kill assist. Like, 80XP on boosts. It just cannot be right.
    And anyway, were the old vehicle kill assists really game breaking?
  15. MuldoonX9 Developer

The scaling is not bugged. The formula is (assist xp) * (% damage done) = awarded xp. Here the assist xp can be any number, such as a number equal to the kill xp. Right now the assist xp for these vehicles is kinda low. So I forwarded some feedback threads like these to the designers in charge.
    • Up x 18
  16. LibertyRevolution

Yeah, its back to holding your rockets to do the kill steal thing...
    Oh lancer, I love you my precious.
  17. AdmiralArcher

awwww so you mean i dont get 1500 XP for glancing an ACE pilot with my AA guns?

darn looks like my cert farm has run dry
  18. Vixxing

Yay! Lancer buff! \o/
    • Up x 1
  19. Robertooooo

It's barely even worth combating vehicles except for kill stealing. I seriously get higher XP for a infantry assist than damaging MBT's by 30-50% of their HP.
    • Up x 6
  20. Alox

People are holding back their shots because they dont want to be on reload when the vehicle is about to die, the kill shot means too much. The new system is more of a joke than the old system.
    • Up x 15