Give libs something to fear.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Westhamfanboy, Mar 13, 2014.

1. AFK1

World War 2 isn't even relevant to a modern military in any developed country (USA, Russia, UK), so I don't really see any point in comparing flying deathtraps from 1940 to futuristic air support in a space marines game

But yes, balance wise, there should be a logical counter system in place, though it wouldn't matter since ESFs and Libs are both capable of unfair ATS alone, or in a group. Luckily this game lets you shoot them down before your character model even renders to the pilot, so it's not a big deal
    • Up x 1
  2. Midnightmare

Hah to be fair Planetside isent really that future focused :p i mean the speeds are pretty WW2.

the distance is pretty WW2 (rendering ranges ;))

The weapons arent that futuristic.

Im fairly sure the germans had some experimental VTOLs.
  3. Konfuzfanten

Taking one ESF vs one 2/3 lib, the ESF will win, if equal skill between the 3 of them.

The new lib update changes nothing, 2/3 libs are just as vulnerable VS ESF's as before the patch.

The only difference is that now you can fly with a tailgunner (3/3 lib) and then put enough rounds down range to scare those ESF ramboes that engage you at +400 meters.

2 decent/good ESF pilots will still murder any single lib.

As i have said before, and will say again. The liberator-ESF balance should be exactly like the MBT-lightning balance. Unless you get more lightnings and better positioning then a lib should always win.
  4. jiggu

Fear not, it's coming.
  5. aoyagiaichou

Except that turret is immovable and liberator murders it before even getting to third of its armour.
    • Up x 2
  6. BengalTiger

20 Basilisk Flashes will also bring down a Lib, or pretty much anything they could point their guns at.

That doesn't mean the Flash is the answer to an enemy zerg though, in fact it's one of the least effective ways to counter one.
    • Up x 2
  7. gualty

Why noone ever consider the AA Lighting as a viable option?
  8. Cinnamon

The liberator is badly designed in that it is supposed to hover over buildings and camp infantry. Really boring easy mode gameplay when it works that just let you hoover up free xp. When it doesn't work you have nothing to do. Most people speccing lib crew will either max out their certs quickly and burn out if they are good or get frustrated and quit if they are not. Lowering the bar just changes the grouping.
  9. Pootisman

So you say lib is not OP because it can be countered by 20 strikers? Thats just stupid.
    As well as saying AP tank cannons are a counter to libs. Only noob pilots will fly low and slow enough to get hit by tank cannons.

Libs alreadi have a 90% resist to ESF noseguns, thats more than enough.
    • Up x 1
  10. BarxBaron

I'm all for the tailgun changes. I usually run with one gunner I know IRL but that third seat has become a TRUE help with its new aiming areas. BIG KUDOS to SoE for that change. It makes me wish we had a 3rd ;p

With that said I think they should take off the composite buff vs tank shells. I still switch between auto repair and composite depending on our target area but.......if I get hit by a tank I do nothing but think: "good shot" or "wow I was way too low" or most often " welllll.....went too far in - again!". Not: "OMFG WTF OP AP TITAN CANON &#@*#@!!!!111oneone"

I have no issue with tank shells, or dumbfire rockets for that matter, putting the hurt on a lib. I think they need to revert both changes.

Also, I actually like the dalton nerf vs other libs. Had some exciting lib duels last night and makes it that much more suspensful having to hit 3 shots (fire suppression ftw), and getting the tailguns involved in the circle jerk that is lib belly duels.
    One thing sure hasn't changed.....CAS guns still hurt like hell if they surprise you ;p
  11. DQCraze

Th
    Lets set the record straight, we dont fear noob pilots, experienced pilots kill us all day long. If you fly straight at my barrel I cant help you.

Tip: The optimum attack position for an ESF is above and behind the lib. When he flips his belly up, keep your distance and strafe toward the nose of plane.
  12. Edenwolf

Libs run away from my Skyguard within a few seconds, I assume that means they are afraid of it..
  13. Nyscha

I missed the part where Liberators are B17s...

14. BengalTiger

Fixed.

[IMG]
  15. Nyscha

I know what a B24 Liberator is.
  16. flexib

as an experienced skyguard, its really beyond ridicule that the amount of damage the new Gal can take opposed to ESFs.
    When having an ESF to fight, they actually worry and preform all sort of maneuvers to survive, all while a gal can fly in low, shoot a couple of shells and be on their lazy way, being flaked the whole time without even a quarter of it's health gone.
    I get that ESFs, being fighter planes, are rather fragile towards tank shells, two rockets or about 25 flak bullets, but it seems off when you compare the gal's health, able to absorb multiple tanks shells or volleys of rockets and flak.
    Last I've looked gals are still regarded as planes , and should have the fragility of one.
  17. Nyscha

Yes Galaxys take a hell of a lot of damage now I run nano regen maxed, fire supression maxed, racer chassis maxed and have 2 walkers and 2 bulldogs and I can pretty much fly over a enemy zerg and hover and my gunner can get like 40 kills with the bulldog before I have to lose the line of sight.

With fire supress active I can tank around 5 skyguards at once for a few seconds until its effect finishes.
  18. SpaceKing

TR is just mad that sitting on a hill with Lockdown isn't going to let them farm Liberators anymore.
  19. oberchingus

You know what kills Liberators really well besides EVERYTHING else used effectively?

Other Liberators!!
  20. Thurwell

Liberators don't have the fragility of planes either, they're about as tough or tougher than the MBTs. It is weird to be in a galaxy and suddenly OMG LOTS OF THINGS HITTING THE GAL WE'RE GOING TO D...wait is that our health still? Huh. I guess we're fine.

To whoever asked why we compare to WW2, because that is the most fun period for air combat simulators (Warthunder, Battle of Britain, Aces High, etc). Most of your good sci-fi sims end up with ridiculously low tech aircraft for the time period because it's way more fun to have combat like WW1 or WW2 instead of modern combat. X-Wing vs Tie fighter, do you remember it having lock on missiles? It probably did, but I don't remember using them. Was all gun play.