Thank you for the mystery buff!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LibertyOne, Mar 13, 2014.

1. LibertyOne

It is clear after a couple hours tonight that the latest patch includes some kind of buff that has substantially improved the impact of my weapons and play style.

First, I notice that my gun now works better when I am first to fire. Several times tonight, I was the first to fire in a duel and I won each time! I'm guessing faster ammunition velocity or some such?

Second, I notice that there is something in my suit or helmet or something that prevents enemy players from turning around very fast. It was amazing how I was able to start shooting an enemy in the back at close range and watch them die without them whipping around and headshotting me. This must be some kind of "concussion bullet"? It was as if they couldn't even try. It was very strange and I thought maybe it was lag.

I feel, though, that you have probably imbalanced the weapons a wee bit too much. The number of headshots I received tonight was way down. In fact, I wasn't quite sure how to play the game without the reliable and constant ringing of the bell. It was eerie. They were shooting at me. I saw their bullets. Some of them hit. But very few headshots. Obviously, you have over-nerfed the opposition.

Anyway, thanks for the mystery buff. I'm really enjoying it!
  2. Nate

OP you didn't say what server you were on.

I'm on Waterson. The TTK seemed a touch shorter for infantry play. Maybe the server is providing better accuracy? Not sure but it feels different.

Thought I read they are using 64bit server code now with this patch. Perhaps thats caused a difference.
  3. WyrdHarper

They also (I believe) changed the headshot hitbox size--not sure if it was in the live notes, but it was part of the PTS notes, and it wouldn't surprise me if they slipped it in, which may explain why you noticed fewer headshots.