Why don't you play on Amerish?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Frank 2070, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Tommyp2006

I try to, but my enemies won't come with me :(
  2. hawken is better

After the initial awe of seeing the new bases:

1.) I don't really know the layouts of most of the bases, and end up dead because I ran the wrong way or through the wrong tunnel.

2.) Most of the bases are still terrible in that vehicle trash can still camp the spawn room exits.
  3. Wecomeinpeace

I don't play on amerish much because the bases (despite being redesigned) are for the most part still just as ****** as on indar (despite those being redesigned aswell).
    Basically what has been allready said in this thread; attackers are being highly favored. If i see cap points being miles away from the spawn without any reliable method to get there unexposed i just sigh and respawn elsewhere. One base, i don't remember the name, took the cake: All points are on the other side of a canyon without any real cover, teleporters or tunnels for the defenders. Yuck!

Now while indar also has a fair share of really bad bases (and additonally crappy terrain design with teasing holes you can't get through or props that get you stuck), i atleast know this continent by heart. And since like any other arena shooter, knowing the maps is half the frag, i go there.
  4. Frostiken

I have the same question regarding Esamir. Nobody wants to fight there, and it's my favorite continent :(
  5. Latrodectus

Mostly this. Some bases are a step in the right direction, some are a step in the wrong direction. So it's basically a wash, and every one is already fighting on Indar as it is. Also, the 10% off infantry purchases you get from locking Indar is the most useful of the bunch.
  6. Frostiken

My favorite is the Lithcorp Fortress base.

It's called a 'fortress'. It has walls and ****.

It's also completely, utterly indefensible. There's like five ways for attackers to just walk inside with doorways right in the perimeter walls, the shield generators are OUTSIDE the shield walls, and all the defenders spawn in one corner of the base.
    • Up x 1
  7. Vinakis

I'd love to play on Amerish more, but it seems that de_dust syndrome has already taken hold quite strongly in regards to Indar.
    • Up x 1
  8. BillHaverchuck

I would love to play amerish but my pc seems to perform better in the other continents.
  9. JP_Russell

I play there when there's a population. Honestly, though, I find the new bases very hit or miss. Some of them are pretty good, others are severely flawed. One of them is probably the worst base I have ever tried to defend in PS2, which is quite impressive considering its competition.
  10. Ronin Oni

I wonder the same thing

I refuse to play on Indar though. Amerish or logout
  11. Bonom Denej

I love snow, I love Esamir. And as a Vanu on Miller, we're almost always massively underpop on Esamir, and I like that (especially that 50% exp bonus).
  12. Crosseyed

As much as I like the continent that has generally one meandering road to get anywhere, packed full of AT mines and AV turrets...

Yea, nah. I'll keep to Esamir and Indar. Unless I'm in a mag.
  13. KoS-1

Amerish is more laggy now. Even in near empty hexes.
  14. LibertyRevolution

They can't park their tanks on the point and spam the spawn on amerish as easily as they can on indar...

The only way to stop indarside2 is to redesign indar..
  15. Jogido

last night Amerish was full during the Alert :(
  16. Leftconsin

Bases favor infantry too much. A typical situation is we're at even pop, losing horribly, and the MAX suits are camping spawn. How can we be losing that horribly at even pop? Half our team is outside the walls in lightnings all wishing they could do something.
  17. sindz

VS are under popped on Miller EU, so I can very rarely play on amerish and not be 5-10% vs 40% TR or NC.
  18. Meliorist

My performance isn't that great on amerish, so I avoid it when I can. I'm also not a fan of the very restricted movement for armor.
  19. smokemaker

Why don't you play on Amerish?

is this a new server?

lol because everyone on indar.
  20. iRhuel

Come to Connery, we haven't left Amerish since the revamp.