Still investigating hitches - here's how you can help

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorion

Name: Gorion
  2. Ezion

Been pretty much experiencing this the whole time I've been playing.

Character Name : Ezion
  3. elusive1

name: elusive1

I was getting one second freeze frames throughout my play time. I recorded it while trying to make a video for my channel. Also for some reason in game recording freezes my computer for 30 seconds every single time I start it. Here is the recording if you want to see it in action. it happened more times than I recorded, but I captured it a lot of times throughout this video.
  4. Greddy

Greddi @Woodman
  5. Nerpax

My character is Vriskah on Woodman.

Luckily, it doesn't happen very often for me, but it does happen regulary and can be quite irritating at times.
  6. Bindlestiff

7. Horrida Messor

HorridaMessor
    I get random freezes in batles that range from 1 to 5 seconds.
  8. Stahlgewitter

I had framedrops every 30-45 minutes but now I've upgraded form a amd phenom ii x4 945 to a amd FX 8320 and get framedrops every minute or even less than a minute. 60 is normal and drops to 1 or 3 for about 2-5 seconds.
    Ingame: Stahlgewitter2 and Betonfaust
  9. AL00ZER

username: AL00ZER
    Freezes are just completely random; no pattern in duration or what I was doing in the game
  10. Pokletu

I experience them too. I just thought it was because the game was loading a new territory into ram, or something...

Pokletu.
    • Up x 1
  11. SeniorChief

Got all kinda problems and this is one of them SeniorChief= connery
  12. Thoroughly

Yep, experiencing hitching after the PU2 update. Between the PU1 and PU2 there were no hitching problems. The UseFences=0 setting does not seem to help.

TR char on Miller: Thorimi2
  13. PalmTreePS2

I don't know if this will help, and I have reported it via the in game bug report system, but I'll post here too.

My game runs absolutely fine, except for the occasional 1-2 second complete lockup that occurs randomly. I noticed that this lockup corresponds exactly to an outbound connection made by the PlanetSide 2 executable to the auth-lvs.station.sony.com address. It may of course just be something specific to my machine, but it does seem suspicious.

This can be easily seen in TCPView (shows incoming/outgoing connections your machine has) with an update speed of 1 second (I run it on a second monitor so I notice the new connection immediately when the in game lockup occurs).

EDIT: My character name is PalmTree.
    • Up x 1
  14. AdamRah2

15. Lordofsocks

I get a freeze/hitch while playing, the screen goes black for a second then the game comes back with my monitor brightness down to minimum. It seems that it mostly happens when I am flying.

Name: Lordofsocks
  16. Killuminati C

Can anybody tell me if they've made any headway with the black screen hitching presumably from the most recent NVIDIA driver? Any reply is appreciated so I don't have to go through all 9 pages of replies :).
  17. Araziel03

IGN: Someonestolemyname999

Been happening since around PU02
  18. TinM3N

I am getting the glitch periodically during every session I play

Character Name: TinM3N
    Server: Briggs
  19. TheFamilyGhost

TheFamilyGhost

Happens intermittently but can be as often as every minute or two. Hitch only affects mouse, keyboard allows strafing. Hitch seems to last from 5-10 seconds.

Hitch also happens when alt-tabbed but game still running.
  20. SirYanako

Happens usually when I'm flying. It's the main reason why I don't fly. My game would freeze for 1 second when I do sudden turns and next thing I know my reaver's blown up.

IGN: SirYanako
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.