Light Assaults want Scout Rifles...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Tenebrae Aeterna, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Tenebrae Aeterna

This pertains to us, so I figured I'd link those who don't delve beyond our own little corner of forumside. Basically, the Light Assaults want access to the Scout Rifles...your thoughts? Obviously this interest was furthered by the introduction of the Vandal. Personally, I'm on the fence about it...

What are your thoughts about the Light Assault getting access to the Scout Rifle? Head on over to the thread that was posted and provide your opinions.
  2. Dragonblood

Don't they already have pretty efficient mid range weaponry? Giving them scoutrifles wont make a difference.

On the other side I might start playing LA, when I can use my large unlocked Inf weapon arsenal for it.
  3. Gav7x

I rather have LAs using battle rifles then vandals or faction equivalents
  4. Rift23

Sure why, not? It'll be fun sniping them.
    • Up x 1
  5. Dragonblood

Was just imagening a tree full of LAs. Sitting there like crows till you snipe one of them.....what a sight.
    • Up x 2
  6. AdamRah

that would be OP, Same with giving it to a heavy, i own the vandal and go 30-40 before i die with an infil on nano 4, it beats the battle rifles stock (without attachments) and the attachments are cheap, grip is 30 certs? nope it would be op and it would get nerfed, don't nerf my gun thanks
  7. Tenebrae Aeterna

You believe it would be overpowered when coupled with the ability to fly up to higher elevations? If that's what you're implying, you do realize that CuteBeaver has proven that we have that capability too... I'm not saying you're wrong in your opinion...I honestly don't know...just pointing that put.

You'll see Infiltrators in elevations that leave you wondering how they got there...but it's not the norm because many of us are still trying to figure out that damn parkour.
    • Up x 1
  8. AdamRah

im saying they gave us scout rifles because we're the weakest class in game (100 less shields) so scout rifles make up for it making it balanced , if you give a normal class a vandal you're giving them a high powered gun with no draw backs, people will complain and it will get nerfed, so i refuse to give it to another class
  9. Benevon

Cert costs are being fixed today. That was a bug, I believe some costs were switched between certain optics and rail attachments.

On the OP topic, I was kind of hoping these rifles were going to be open to LA as it was on PTS. As it stands, LA only has one "sniping" carbine and even with a compensator has some heavy vertical recoil at longer distances. It would be fun to have a mid to long range semi auto option for LA, but I can see where problems may occur with it.
  10. AdamRah

the recoil isn't bad i mean most of us cashed in on the grip bug and got it cheap with a compensator and it does have abit of recoil but not that bad
  11. ZeroErrorz

much infil,many qq, scout rifle wow
    thats the way i see it..
    scout rifle already great from the begining imo, just a bit unused,beside since LA cant hide as infil and need to be stationary to shoot, more sniper bait will come from this...
  12. AdamRah

the gun has no flaws besides the fact it lacks a rapid fire mode :p
  13. Tenebrae Aeterna

Most Infiltrators feel that the reduction of our shields is an unjustified facet the class, so I can't really agree with that mentality because I would like to see this removed from our class to normalize our health pool. This would ensure that we don't die from a single shot to the head from Nanite Systems pistols anymore and give us a little more longevity in battle.

So, as I expressed, I can't really agree with that mentality because I don't agree with the reduction of our shield energy.

I have no idea, the review I'm watching seems to paint a pretty balanced picture were Light Assaults to gain access...but I'm sure that you would have a fair share of the run and gun community up in arms before they grew accustomed to looking at little nooks where the Light Assaults can hide for that incoming fire. Oi, it's a very tricky concept that I really can't fully gauge within my mind...

I remain unsure. It would be nice to have someone else hated too though. XD
  14. AdamRah

if we have the best guns in game there should be a nerf in there somewhere, anyways nano 4 puts us back in the normal health pool anyway
  15. Benevon

No no, I meant the recoil on the sniping carbines. T5 AMC with HVA can be tricky to control at long distances, and is very noticable with a 4x +.

I've only played with the vandal in VR, but yeah, the recoil on it seems very managable.
  16. Tenebrae Aeterna

Nanoweave increases everyone's health pool...so that doesn't really normalize our health, only compensates for the weakness and seeks to encourage Infiltrators into nanoweave use. With that said, we have weapons geared towards a very specific purpose...as does everyone else.

We don't have anything that deals with vehicles or MAX units, and that's our compensation for extremely efficient weapons against infantry. You could argue the explosive bolts...but I really never wanted to see those implemented to begin with, nor the detect darts for that matter.
  17. Wobberjockey

i say let them use battle rifles, or their own accurized rifles.

they already have superior infiltration options ( i.e. up) AND superior AV capability than us, as well as C-4 for an antimax option. (plus the crossbow if the want it)
  18. Ravenorth

As I see it, it would take another role away from Infiltrators, being good at mid-long range combat is one of those thing where they truly shine, and giving that away doesn't serve any purpose other than catering some jealous LA players and making classes less unique by having less diversity between them, which is something that should be avoided.

There should be a reason why to pick specific class over another by making them have more designated roles and purposes on the battlefield. Effective mid-long range weaponry a good and strong purpose why to use Infiltrator and its also their most useful and unique way to support their teammates alongside with the sensor darts/motion spotters.

Also LAs ability to reach almost any place they want is balanced by their weaponry that doesn't allow them fire out of effective reach of other classes weaponry. Getting on top of unreachable places with really effective close-mid range weapon would be unbalanced and I know this, because every single time I manage to drop pod on one of those places with Infiltrator I can get pretty big kill streaks until I run out of bullets.
  19. Get2dachoppa

My understanding is the Devs are adamant on giving the LA class the ability to dual wield pistols. If that is the case, I say wait to see how that pans out first. I think LA does need something extra, I'm just not sure what.
  20. Maljas23

Battle Rifles for LA, not scout rifles.