Higby Answers Questions and Talks About Upcoming Balance Adjustments

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WyrdHarper, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Axehilt

No ADS while jumping was seriously their "solution" to reticle inaccuracy?
    1. Fails to solve the problem. (The video didn't involve jump-ADS'ing.)
    2. Pisses people off.
    3. Solution already implemented for non-ADS (dynamically-spreading CoF visuals based on your actions) and they should've just re-used that solution at all times overlayed over your scope to indicate CoF, rather tahn have the weapon feel inaccurate and unreliable.)
    • Up x 2
  2. Baconite

I have 2 simple reasons (Own personal theory/opinion):

1. Exposure: Reddit has 4+ million people, Twitter has many many more. Posting on the forum is like preaching to the choir; we're already here attending, no point in trying to sell us on attending church.

2. Proof of open communication: SOE doesn't control Reddit or Twitter. People get an official response here and the thread gets locked because of some flames/trolls? "OMG SOE won't listen and are locking down threads of dissenting opinion!" Well there are some pretty constructive, but bluntly honest threads on Reddit, and SOE can't remove those.

Bonus theory 3: This forum is less constructive and filled with less helpful discussion compared to the subreddit. Just my humble opinion.

Bonus theory 4: Paperlamp posts here. Reason enough to go somewhere else! (This is a joke Paperlamp, just wait until I find you outside your lightning/MAX :D ).
  3. Ash87

I would say it's because reddit takes care of itself. You don't have to moderate reddit as much, it will prune itself of dumb comments and malcontents.
  4. WyrdHarper

It's more likely devs simply can't access developer accounts outside of work. It's a pretty standard security thing for a lot of places.
    • Up x 1
  5. Strottinglemon

Because the questions were asked on reddit /r/planetside, which is honestly a much better community than forumside.
  6. Strottinglemon

The questions were asked on reddit, he answers them on reddit.
  7. TheFamilyGhost

I would challenge anyone to hit anything ADS while jumping. Or any other way for that matter.
  8. ironeddie

Wonder this myself. It's information I'm interested to read. I'm greatful to forum members that take the time to check reddit and twitter etc and convey information back here.

But really shouldn't Higby or even RadarX be posting this sort of thing on their own games official forum. Call me crazy but that seems like it would be sensible.
    • Up x 1
  9. Hobo Jack

i want cap xp to be given to players that leave the area having 48+ players have to just wait 5 mins for 2000 xp is just lame when there is no resistance and you know you are garunteed a win. or at least when you have the enemys spawn camped so they effectively can't win the base back that way you can leave one squad to make sure victory is assured and the rest of the platoon/zerg can mobilize and get ready for the next assault. a GOOD outfit will do this anyways but for zergs/new players/bad outfits it is just too tempting to wait for the cap to finish and get your 4-10 certs before moving on and this makes game flow very slow. this could also help solve the spawn room warrior issue because the defenders know that they have a long time before the attacking force will be on their doorstep somewhere else.
  10. LibertyRevolution

Did you not own an HSNV scope? It stayed completely stable. I used to fly around and shoot people all the time..
    The no ADS jumping was a direct nerf to the light assault class.
  11. GhostAvatar

Buffs to the Striker.....*sigh*. I don't want buffs, I want something different to play with than just another lockon. The most promising suggestion I have seen is to turn it into a Coyotes style launcher.
    • Up x 1
  12. Armchair

For most optics, this is true.

However many people equipped the IRNV optics, which stay damn near perfectly stable when jumping. This is really a bug of the IRNV optics more than anything else. Many people took advantage of this bug in order to maintain above-average accuracy while jumping around with their weapons (the COF might be bad, but the stable optics let you keep the cone on target). A smaller percentage were upset that their accuracy was worse than the stability of their optics suggest.
  13. sindz

I wish they would scrap the lock on design completely and do something else like rapid fire dumbfire launcher that doesnt do insane dmg. Just remove the god damn lock on mechanic which everyone hates!
    • Up x 1
  14. MurderBunneh

Continuing to tweak balance I love it. Striker is crap now except in very certain situations.
  15. MurderBunneh

My idea too. The bigger your force the greater the strain on resources it is too easy just do it.
  16. MurderBunneh

Also make more dumb weapons. Make more weapons that require you to overcome something in order to be good with them.

Continue to reduce "Smart" weapons such as lock on's and overly spammy large radius aoe weapons.

Make sure every class and vehicle has the option to use high skill high reward weapons. This is what you want to hang your hat on devs.
    An example would be the Phoenix one of my favorite weapons. I can shoot at planes with it but it is not so good. I want to give up my lock on launchers in favor of more launchers like the Phoenix. I want a launcher that is guided by me but meant to shoot down air.

I suggest a NS AA laser/camera guided rocket. Yes I am NC and willing to give up this unique trait in favor of better gameplay for all factions.

This is your terrain I am simply telling you what I want. It is up to you to use your creativity to make it happen.

The low skill weapons should always underperform.
    • Up x 1
  17. Prudentia

dirty LPR padder
  18. Prudentia

because we had that. but the scopes where all zeroed mid screen. so people cried that the crosshairs didn't align with the bullet. instead of aligning the crosshair they aligned the bullet.
  19. Winfield

"The cleanest solution for jumping was to drop ADS while jumping. We discussed making bullets follow the sight line of the weapon instead of the center of the screen, but that was a several months long revamp of our entire projectiles system, so it wasn't a possibility."

Am I the only one laughing at this? Really hard?

For shame SOE, for shame.

EDIT: Your scopes don't need to give us an idea of a cone of fire. Why would it have to? WHAT IS THE PURPOSE!?

A purpose of a scope is, when properly aligned to tell you where you're going to HIT. You already have working sights. I don't believe for a second that you can't fix the RDS'.

That or I missed his entire point by a mile.
  20. p10k56

Nothing about viper:confused: