Two Vanu-Worshipers looking for outfit.

Discussion in 'Emerald (US East)' started by Zed Zooks, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Zed Zooks

Or should I say cult. I mean, Praise Vanu and all that jazz but come on, it's a cult.

Skreleton and myself (Zephrius) are two buddies from Canada who decided to pick up this game in the new year. We used to be TR in Matherson but were converted to the glory of Vanu just recently. We focus on support roles but neither of us are afraid to get our hands dirty. We typically come as a package deal and we're more than likely either LAN'ing or on mic with each other.

Zephrius, BR 25, favorite class is Medic.
    Skreleton, BR 21, favorite class is Engineer.

If you got a place for us in your cult outfit, leave a message here to tell us about yourself or feel free to add/contact either of us in-game.
  2. DaMann22

Welcome to the Waterson server. Allow me to offer my outfit Quantum Dawn into the hat as their are plenty of great VS outfit on our server. Check out our recruitment thread to see if we are to your liking and check out our website QuantumDawn.com in my sig. Good luck with your new outfit search.
  3. imb0r3d

4. Daire

Hey Zephrius!

Welcome to the dark side! Technically, the purple side but we still have cookies. Anyways, my name is Otilita (aka Daire) and I'm a member of an outfit called Derp Company. You can check us out at Derpcompany.com but in short, we're a fun group of gamers who like to Derp around on occasion but also work together in-game to kick *** and take names.

There's a lot to say about Derp Company, but really you should come see for yourselves. We like to allow people a chance to play with us and see what we're all about until they're ready to join. Our TeamSpeak server is open to anyone, the address is Derpcompany.com, no Password required. We have regular Ops on Monday and Saturday nights at 8pm EST, but will usually have a squad or two running on any other day.

Hope to see you both in-game!
  5. Zed Zooks

Thanks for the responses, guys.
    Skreleton and I have considered our options with these three very well known Outfits, and overall, we liked the sound of Quantum Dawn the most.
  6. LibertyRevolution

As a waterson VS with no outfit, I have to say joining any of the random open platoon often sucks.
    Why am I stuck choosing between VDRS, VREV, or DERP when I open the squad lists...

How come the halfway decent outfits don't have open squads??
    Can you better outfits run some open platoons please?

I am not willing to go to a website to sign up, or anything that requires out of game anything..
    I would just like to play with some halfway competent players with decent leaders..

I only play off peak hours, so I am looking for an outfit that can field a platoon all times of the day.
    I want a platoon that gives squad specific order, splits up its squads attack, not a zergfit fallowing a single platoon waypoint.

So far after 73BR as VS, I have yet to find an outfit with open squads that meets my criteria.
  7. Mittens4kittens

Because such an outfit does not exist. You'll never find it, you can have competent pretty and have a platoon at all times. I only wish their was enough competent people in this game so we could have a platoon of ZAPS.
    • Up x 1
  8. LibertyRevolution

Why does no one make one? Why can't the large VS outfits learn to not zerg..
    Why is it either zergfit or tacticool but barely scrap together a squad... why is there no middle ground. :(

I spent many days of playtime doing the huge zergfit thing on my NC back on jeagers and it was horribly boring and low SPM.
    I would literately throw myself in front of the enemy spawn rooms so my outfits medics could at least make a few certs...

I'm kind of happy there is not platoon of ZAPS, as that would that suck to run into when I'm not playing my VS. :eek:
  9. Urban_Scorp

It is really quite simple. When you have an open squad you are dealing with some good people who wish to follow waypoints and want more tactical decisions to be made BUT....the vast majority of player you are dealing with are the lowest common denominator.

Now their reason can vary from "new to the game" to "just want to get a few quick kills" to "honestly hopeless." The trouble is the Platoon leader is herding cats regardless. When herding cats it is best not to make things overly complicated. The real business is usually handled when in an "outfit only" squad.

Speaking from experience, D3RP in particular utilizes these platoons (however rarely we bother to run them) to look for promising members. People who communicate are first and foremost on our watch list as we believe anyone can be made useful if they are willing to learn and communicative. We do a good bit of new player training. ...lots of time patiently helping members understand core concepts in the training room, killing our lovely XP/Minute for the sake of the future.

Hardcore outfits typically are more choosey about their members and their effectiveness. As I noted above, running a public platoon is like herding cats. Any outfit sees a huge dip in overall effectiveness when leading the pubbies and it gets worse when the leader issues complex commands to these people who don't know you, don't care about your orders, don't pay attention to chat, don't use voice, and/or don't know how to play. Why would the big time outfits bother with such trouble when they could be more responsive and effective by just sticking to their own? After all, that is what their members signed up for. That's how they get their enjoyment.

Since you believe D3RP to be a non-halfway decent outfit, I'll not insult you with an invitation. However, I'll gladly lobby on your behalf.

Hey ZAPS, XOO! You are missing a prime opportunity here. Grab this guy! He has high standards and an ego so that naturally means he'll be a great addition, I swear!

I'm not sure how much pull I have with those groups, but I'm certain it can't hurt your chances.

Signed,

Scorpomancer
    General of D3RP Company and jerk.
  10. LibertyRevolution

I can only judge outfits by the experience they provide during an open platoon. Please don't take it personally.

My experience with derp was zerging around fallowing a platoon waypoint attacking bases with just a few defenders.
    Same goes with VDRS...

When I complain about zerging and wasted man power they say, "when we are running outfit only its not like this"...
    I hear this from every public outfit platoon on all 3 factions honestly..
    So I scratch my head and wonder why they do not run their open platoons like they do their outfit platoons...
    If people can't fallow orders, you kick them, simple enough.

I run a public squad. I do the random PUG thing, find people not in a squad and invite them.
    If they don't fallow orders, they are gone and I replace them...
    I would like to play with people that are competent and fallow orders without having to be the one giving the orders..

I want to play defense 90% of the time. I do not want to steamroll bases. I want quick redeploy and resecuring.
    I want to be able to pass lead to anyone and have them put down a beacon, I do not want any sort of hierarchy.

I will not play fallow the lattice line with a tank zerg, I have no interest in that type of playstyle.
    Nor do I want to redeploy to the warpgate and wait 5mins for a platoon worth of guys to gal up and drop on a 1-12 enemy base..

So.. here I am, still looking for an outfit that can meet my needs...
  11. Zed Zooks

Go make yer' own thread, buddy. Why'd you hijack mine?

[IMG]
  12. LibertyRevolution

Because this is a waterson VS outfit recruiting thread, so why not?
    Why would I make my own thread, I can just use this one...

You know what a mess this subforum would be if every single person made their own thread when looking for an outfit?

P.S. Lose your attitude.
  13. Urban_Scorp

Since you seem to have some standards that may or may not be out of your reach in existing outfits, you could always start one. Though I fear you might run into the very issues you bemoan...just on the opposite side of the coin.

It may be a nice learning experience for you.

You will get more exposure, and the responses will give you a better view of which outfits are truly active and willing to have you along.

That's enough of a reason for most folk.

Let the outfits and mods worry about it. This is really none of your concern.

And leave the new players be. They don't threaten you, but your responses to them may be illuminating for those who review forum activity before acceptance.
  14. Huxer

Liberty is just trolling. Yet another NC who acts like a needy 9 year old. There is NO Vanu outfit such as you describe on Waterson. It seems unlikely that an outfit designed around PUBs and organization on a large scale would last for long or be very fun to manage. If you take one thing away from this take this, VANU is underpoped, we don't care if you wan't to rule the world an humiliate everyone else on your NC, just stand in front of my laser sights for another half second if you would please.
  15. LibertyRevolution

I am not...

What I asked is for the more tactical outfits to run open platoons.

Then I asked the outfits running open platoons to run them like they do they outfit only platoons.
    How are we as non outfit members to judge if your outfit is right for us, if your open platoons are not run like your outfit platoons?
    If people don't fallow orders in an open platoon you just kick them.. so there really is no excuse.

My post was more of a plead to the outfits that don't run open platoons to please run some, as the options on waterson vanu are poor.
    All I am getting for is being harassed by people, so I'm done with this thread..
  16. doombro

A lot of good outfits by their very nature tend not to run open squads. And when they do run open squads, those squads are typically different from how said outfit usually runs. When you open a squad to the public, you have to run it a bit differently because you're working with randoms, not people you're familiar with. It's even worse if you use mumble/vent/TS.

A very coordinated outfit that emphasizes on cohesion and close communication isn't going to want a bunch of randoms in their squad who probably won't even follow the waypoints, so they usually don't open those squads to begin with.

It's unfortunate, but the best way to get an accurate look at an outfit is to contact members of that outfit directly and run with their closed squads. I don't know many outfits that would say no to an extra player. I wish PS2 had some sort of teamspeak integration. The in-game VOIP is terrible.
  17. MasterChaif

Forums are used both to keep track of members and share information. From what I have read you would be a great addition to XOO but if flat out refuse to do anything out of game it reads to me that you don't care about teamwork unless it is convenient. XOO a 12 year old gaming community in which PS2 is only 1 division of many, our forums ARE the outfit.

You can always add me or any of our officers to friends lists and jump in TS with us like a few non-XOO players have done w/o joining the outfit. Hosting public platoons in the manner you are describing is also incredibly taxing on the PL/SL's which is why most of the public platoons are just a collection of waypoint orders.
    • Up x 1
  18. MasterChaif

And keep an eye out on orders chat. I run Public platoons just how I run outfit only ones, and I announce on order chat that I am hosting a platoon and am looking for people to join.
  19. LibertyRevolution

That is GREAT news, and I thank you for that!

I remember the first time I ran into XOO.
    They had just merged my NC onto waterson, I was in a platoon and we were set to take indar bay point.
    Then out of no where 2 quads of XOO redeployed and slaughtered us all, our sunderers where blown up within what felt like a min.
    We left broken and defeated, and the PL said, XOO is there, we aren't taking that base, and ordered a warpgate redeploy.
    That was they day I realized this wasn't going to be like jeagers anymore...

XOO is a well organized group of players.
    They can get it done with less players, overcoming odds with use skill and talent.
    If these guys are willing to run open platoons, then others should as well.

Really, I thank you for running open platoons.
  20. Zapon

.. I go by Tippership Commander (Tippership in the game)- and I am (probably, from the looks of it) Waterson's sole (currently) dedicated leader of randoms

The 2 main things I play this game for

#1 Leading
    #2. Flying Galaxies

I have dealt with a lot of Waterson Outfits- I have fought alongside many

I have also, gotten into disagreements with a few, who believe that "pugs" or randoms, are worthless, and will not have anything to do with anyone not in a Outfit.

You know what? That's also what I feel is killing the game- as Outfits don't make up the entire faction of a server

"How come the halfway decent outfits don't have open squads??
    Can you better outfits run some open platoons please?
    "
    The halfway decent ones sometimes would prefer to only fight with the forces they have- due to concerns of how effective a fighting force they can be
    I'll tell you guys a secret- as a Dedicated random platoon leader, it's not easy- Yes, some days I can't get a platoon to react quite as fluidly as a Outfit might.
    But here's the kicker- some days, I can
    one of the reasons I lead platoons, is to prove to every single Outfit who has the above thought train that, indeed, randoms can be a extremely effective fighting force- and that's what I've spent months working at on Waterson, and will continue to do so.
    I don't care if someone is part of a outfit or not- I will work with them and get some strategy going regardless. You'lll hear me over Command Chat, asking for sitreps, or maintaining a strategy with other Sovereignty commanders... You'll see my constant usage of Orders, my leader text chat providing less important updates that the command voice chat.
    Halfway decent? I would say that, to the contrary, some open platoons on Waterson ARE worth joining. And I'm not talking about the ones I run- I can't judge myself..
    Finally,, some mentioned were
    VDRS, VREV, or DERP

Yea, these get a lot of fun made at them by some other outfits, and when i join outfit squads, they'll tease them
    But you know what? When I've asked for support over Command- sometimes, it's Platoons lead by VDRS( funny enough, not always when they're doing official ops) who have responded,
    VREV recently , I 've been running into as well, and while it's rarer, they too- have some good ops going on at times regarding thestrategic situation on Waterson
    DERP- I see them, but nearly never directly encounter them- not sure why, but I DO see , when I am passing friendly platoons, their teams at work in the same alerts....
    Perhaps you've had bad experiences, - it happens to everyone. I wouldn't knock those forces just yet- when you've played with as many outfits as i have, you start to see the good alongside the bad.
    Sides, they aren't all bad.
    hah, tonight i worked with MasterChaif during the 2nd alert i did, and without his help, Amerish on Waterson would not have been won by the Sovereignty
    As for this particular point, I'd like to mention ;

- because the rest of the players on the Server do understand, and will come through given enough patience , at times. We are all part of the same team- a real team, not just a bunch of players with the same insignia- we fight the same foes.

Not to mention, I've noticed with a lot o the battles, that at some points it's a matter of how much of your faction you can wield, not just skill and organization. it's not often this happens , admittedly...

the lowest common denominator is still a number , and still has an effect. It's not guaranteed to be a small one...

If you have issues like this, as a Random platoon leader you then go about it by asking whoever to come back to the waypoints / if not, then letting them know you are removing them from the platoon to open up spots for those trying to get into the platoon but who are unable to do so- and let them know they are free to rejoin at any time if they wish to resume working with the platoon as a unit
    Besides, it's useless for them to hear chatter that doesn't apply to them because they are somewhere else.
    The randoms i lead mainly follow the waypoints I put down, and will do what they can
    Today I had a platoon's mechanized units cross a mountain range to get to a enemy base- off the beaten path. I marked the specific path using squad specific waypoints- and they did use that path, and did not get stuck on the mountain range..
    Unfortunate, yes- But solving that starts with us

--------------------Tippership Commander , (Tippership), Vanu Sovereignty, Waterson Dedicated leader of open Platoons, not currently Part of a Outfit