Waterson im so disappointed!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by matt98, Feb 26, 2014.

1. matt98

Waterson was always a fairly balanced server after the tr pop went away. It was one of the most competitive most fun servers in the entire game. The server had such a fun history of great battles epic holds and other such stuff then came what i seen these past couple of weeks. The pop here now has joined this silly 4th faction bs. Today was the worst showing yet. Nc was winning an alert with a 36-38% world pop like ususal. Tr was holding 2 tech plants nc 4 vs 1. Then came the event that made me just shake my head with disgust.

The pop 4th factioned so badly that Tr couldnt even hold its techplant it defended 3 times on indar. The world pop went from 36-38% with other to having 30-31% range to 28%vs and 26%tr. Nc jumped to nearly 45% thus allowing them to steam role Hvar on the tr a base that was held so valiantly throughout many underpopulated battles during the alert.

Is this the kind of server we really want to become? One where all the play comes down to us switching to this degree and ruining the entire server. You Waterson players really need to think about this because you are going to ruin the greatest and most competitive server with that behavior
    • Up x 5
  2. NoctD

There's no reason to play on Waterson these days - its a sea of blue. At most, if TR and VS all run to Indar, that's the only continent that even has fair fights, while the rest turn all blue.
  3. EmmettLBrown

Where have you guys been? It only took a week after PU02 for the 4th faction to swing from TR to NC.
    • Up x 1
  4. matt98

I think you missed the point Emmett. Up untill now the 4th faction while making you guys strong was never that severe. it was always 36 to 40% range if you won. This took it to a new level nearly half the server was on a single faction. This has gotten to the point where TR early super pop advantages. But the difference is this is during peak hours not off ones like where tr had those pops.
  5. VakarisJ

The 4th faction natively plays in the faction that has the top warpgate on Indar. When it's TR or NC, they overpop the other two factions, when it's VS, then pops are generally even on all three factions (though, because 4th factioners typically suck at the game, VS loses almost all alerts still anyway).

Same thing applies to alerts -- if TR or NC are about to win the alert, they'll get 5-15 % more pop then they had that'll disperse 10 minutes after the alert. VS almost never participate in alerts unless they're on Indar.
  6. Themagikz

Been holding the line, as much as I can. Not giving up until the cap, but when you watch the room fill with scatter maxes and your team gets steamrolled into the ground, well, not much you can do at that point. Not sure what's so fun about 4th factioning.
    • Up x 2
  7. Moisture

Well Since SOE confirmed there is in fact No 4th faction, putting the figure of Faction switchers for alerts at about 1% based off their data, I think you guys are miles off the mark on this one.

"We looked the timeline trend of players who change characters on the same account, and found them to be about 1% of the population across all servers on a given day. They don’t all switch to the same faction, though they do tend to sway to one faction or another over the course of several hours. This does not account for multiple-accounts, but we are trying to get at that information too.

We are continuing to study the 4th faction, particularly how they related to logoff/logon rates, and longer-term switching such as those who follow particular warpgate rotations, and changes that occur around alerts starting and stopping."

If huge population swings where occurring there would be obvious data to show it. Given the large amount of Data SOE collects this would be childsplay to detect.
  8. LibertyRevolution

• Up x 1
  9. Moisture

10. Pirbi

I dunno, it does seem there is a shift once the alert is all but won. Although there was a fair amount of strategery involved on Indar.
  11. Maelthra

Wow...I wish that graph could overlay the times during which an alert was active. I'd be very interested to see if those big and very obvious spikes in NC population were at the time of an alert (probably are, just nice to have confirmation).
    • Up x 1
  12. Themagikz

13. Alarox

14. MrBubbleSS

• Up x 1
  15. Maelthra

• Up x 2
  16. LibertyRevolution

I been playing my VS on waterson lately, so it feels about the same to me..
    Only difference being the tanks outside my spawn have only 1 barrel now. ;)
    • Up x 1
  17. Moisture

Nothing you seen suggests that players are changing factions. You only see change in percentages.
    • Up x 3
  18. Wobberjockey

EXCUSE ME???
    clearly you forget what you and the NC did when TB played and the TR had 50% world pop
  19. Maelthra

Doesn't really matter if it's 4th faction or not. The fact is that, on Waterson, NC are grossly overpopped, particularly during alerts, and it seriously impacts the playing experience there.
    • Up x 2
  20. Moisture

Thats great.
    Threads spreading misinformation on what is happening does not help that.
    People should look at what about alerts causes large population shifts and discuss that.
    • Up x 1