[Suggestion] The Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 3, 2013.

1. PlatoonLeaderG

No its not only your opinion,a lot of people dont like lockdown.I dont understand why we need to be immobile to do the same dmg as an NC max.......
    NC say that their max is slightly better at killing because maxes already kill fast.I agree with them why i will need that little extra dmg which without it,it wont change a thing.

SOE put lockdown in planetside 1 and they change it because it sucked.......then SOE put lockdown in planetside 2(L-O-G-I-C-!)

I didnt play planetside 1,but what SOE thought that it will change to planetside 2 to make lockdown better?
    • Up x 1
  2. PlatoonLeaderG

All the boring mechanics are to us,we need to shoot and pray for our guns with that recoil,we have the most boring lock on(all lock on are but striker is more),we have the standing still mechanic and we have the most stupid faction trait(bigger magazines).

Summarize TR:

1)We have the fastest tanks->need to be immobile
    2)We have the most bullets and faster rate of fire-> need to shoot 1 by 1 for long distances because of the ridiculus cone of fire and the recoil(we have less dmg becuase of rate of fire so figure who wins)
    3)We have worse ES than NS(example striker)
    • Up x 3
  3. EliteEskimo

1. We need a whole new second ability. Preferably one that increases ROF while allowing us to be mobile.

2. I would argue that the fact our weapons are mainly focused around CQC is flawed because the NC have the access to the best shotgun, have the best CQC Max, and all factions can pull shotguns and SMG's. We need more weapons which are good at fighting at medium range, and ones which revolve more around vertical recoil then horizontal recoil

3. They started out better than NS, but still boring and not creative, and now are worse than NS yet are still boring. Luckily for SOE they have plenty of ideas/suggestions on how to fix these issues through Part 1 and 2 of the Ultimate Refurbishment threads for the TR.:cool:
    • Up x 4
  4. PlatoonLeaderG

I doubt SOE even read any of this,even if they did they have a lot on roadmap and i dont think they will change TR anytime soon. :( I hope in WDS or what its called TR gets 3rd place again hopefully they will notice that
  5. Kallowe

A suggestion for a TR max ability:

EMP
    The MAX operator reverses the polarity of his/her suits polaric phase shifter releasing an
    electromagnetic pulse 20 feet in all directions.

I got this idea while trying to think of something not in the game exactly; and my mind wandered to "damage nukes" then WoW. The shield, overdrive, and lockdown are all "buffs." The ability would be basically modelled after a "nova" spell and would have the same effect as the infiltrator grenade. It could be argued that this ability seems too futuristic and would suit the Vanu Sovereignty better, but all infiltrators have the grenade so it seems reasonable.
  6. LLancaster

Read original post and a few after that. Thought I'd chuck in my 2 certs as well (may not be worth much but oh well).

Firstly, I agree that TR needs some love. Since last I played, the weapons felt like slightly reworked NS weapons (except that bloody chain gun, but more on that in a minute).

And secondly, the TR abilities are gimmicky at best and annoying at worst. The lock down for the prowler and the MAX are just silly.

Now I've seen some great suggestions from a few posts here in this thread on what can be done. So, I'm gonna throw out a few thought processes on how to go about balancing TR with the other factions in terms of aesthetics and I'll leave the gameplay mechanic changes to those with more knowledge on the numbers of everything.

So, the first thing I want to get off my chest is that gosh-darn chain gun. I have no idea how many times it's been said, but it looks like a nerf gun! It is not imposing, awe inspiring, or military grade enough to be part of the TR arsenal. I know Tray and Matt both said there were issues with implementing under-slung weapons due to heights of barricades and origin of bullets. If an under-slung weapon is not possible AT ALL, then the chain gun needs to be reworked into a LMG with a high rate of fire. I can not say it enough, the chain gun as it is looks stupid.

Suggestion to improve the look of the chain gun: If under slung is truly not possible, make it a shoulder mounted weapon akin to a launcher. The chain gun needs to look big and bulky and like it's about to drown you in bullets or casings, depending on the aim of the operator.

Next up, general look of all weapons: Every TR weapon needs to look more polished and more maintained than any other faction. They are the ones with the military background, they need to look the part. As of right now, I would say if the look of the other factions changed and the TR did not, it would actually benefit the TR as it would give them that militarized look which at the moment all the factions have in regards to how their weapons look.

The VS can have glow in the dark weapons, but they are experimenting with tech, the VS weapons need to look like prototypes and not something that all factions should be using (It's very close I think of where it should be, but I still get the feeling that in terms of how they look, the NC and TR could walk into a store and buy VS weapons if they wanted to). Since the VS alone know how to operate such weapons because of their technical superiority. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the VS weapons look too standardized for something that's meant to have never been seen before

The NC are the supposed underdogs, with neither the military tradition of the TR nor the technology of the VS. So why do all of their weapons look like they bought them from the same store as the other two and just slapped some blue and gold paint on them? The NC should have older looking weapons (not necessarily hand me downs) and weapons that suit a people struggling against oppressors and alien lovers.

Look of the Prowler: I personally like the overall look of the Prowler. The only thing I would change would be the side mounted main guns on the turret. I'd like to see the main guns either be centered or one barrel on one side and the other on the other. Personally I'd like the Prowler to look like this:

http://4.bp.************/-ASRdqN9Hyz0/Ub_HihWl0DI/AAAAAAAAC2k/jfIxuNeQ-Oo/s1600/IMG_7340.JPG

Because the TR are all about more guns. But that's just me wanting a big stompy tank (also because I'm a 40k nerd) so I'm a bit biased in regards to how it should look.

The TR MAX: I think the only thing missing from the TR MAX is a ammo backpack. (Yes, again, 40K nerd) But as the faction with the most bullets, shouldn't the loadout with the most bullets have a place to store them all? Ok, so if not a backpack, what about having ammo clips extend from the guns. Good example is the Stryker, it has it's clip sticking out, just copy paste that clip right onto the arms of a MAX with explosive weapons. It doesn't need any additional animation as it's all done internally like it has been so far, it just gives it that extra little push towards "Oh **** he has a lot of bullets!" look.

Infantry armor, overall look: As it was with the weapons, the TR need to have the best maintained armor out of the three factions. Again, if the other two factions were stylized a bit more and the TR were not touched it would suit the TR perfectly as they are now.

TLDR: Main point is that the TR look good as they are now, however the other factions need to be more stylized for the TR to stand out more. Also, when you are trying to shoot someone while not getting shot yourself, you tend to not notice the little details. So TR needs a few big details added to their weaponry to make them look more the part.
    • Up x 1
  7. PlatoonLeaderG

Interesting suggestions m8,I love the MCG sound effect but overall the gun is a failure.Althought i dont like the tank you provided still prowler need to changed(come on its a box with guns on it).

I dont agree at the end that TR will be ok if the other 2 empires didnt look professional soldiers.Not only in mechanics,weapons but still our color is wrong,TR shouldnt be RED they should have been Green!

I mean that TR should have the best camouflage from the rest as a profesional millitary not a color that can be seen like RED!
  8. RDKillerITA

All interesting ideas but if no dev is reading this it will be only hot air.

PS: Nice work there with the data EliteEskimo. Lets hope the devs will do something.
    • Up x 5
  9. PlatoonLeaderG

Keep providing good feedback guys and dont let this thread die!I m sure i wont until i see some changes!
  10. DrBash00

Yes same Story here, i want some fun Equipment. We have so many boring skillfree items, wich got nerfed to death because of the everlasting crying "TR OP", so please dont just nerf the boring stuff to death (Like Fracture and Striker) give us some FUNNY things.

Like a striker working similar to the "coyote" mechanics, so skill comes into play.... (and the striker would take some skill to hit 5 rockets, compared to the coyote ;-) )

Also the Fracture is just boring and "useless".....
    It just hurts to buy weapons everytimes and after they get nerfed.... really...
  11. PlatoonLeaderG

I know thats why i m gonna avoid getting the new ESSR for infiltrators,i m gonna laugh when the NC ESSR gets nerfed! As far as our ESSR its just a LMG with x1,x2,x3 which is the worst again from other ESSR.
  12. Jube

I think where we loose the "Flavor" of our different faction weapons is in their basic designs and not so much their performance.

For instance TR uses tried and true weapons designs more like what is used by "Real Life" militaries today. (Meaning they fire bullets and therefore have damage and recoil based on the size of the bullet being fired)

The NC use Gauss based weapons, rail guns that fire a projectile using magnetic force. (Since there is no cartridge involved and magnetic force is used there is little recoil)

The VS use Lasers. ( No recoil)

Now some folks are going to say, "Wait a minute, if the VS have lasers with no recoil that's a huge advantage that is impossible to balance" Or The NC with even less recoil is too OP.

To these folks I say that weapons do not have to be so closely balanced against each other to achieve "Game Balance"

Balance does not by necessity need to be about how much damage or rate of fire these weapons have but about mitigation of that damage. Since each faction has different weapons types it follows that each faction would also produce different armor types specifically to mitigate those types of damage. This is were balance should come into play. Currently all three factions use basically the same armor type even though they use different type weapons. Why?

Each faction should have different armor type specific to the type of weapons you think you will be seeing. For instance if I go to NC controlled territory I would use my "Gauss armor" but if I were going to VS controlled territory I would put on my "Laser armor"
    If you get into a three way faction fight there is going to be a necessity for some serious tactical thinking and action to keep your team from being over run.

This is just my opinion but I believe if SoE did their balancing this way, instead of using the nerf bat they would have a better game.
    • Up x 1
  13. EliteEskimo

For those of you on Reddit I've just created a thread to draw attention to the refurbishement threads. If you'd like to post on the Reddit Thread, since more developers like to post their thoughts and feelings there, than feel free to and help make the issue of refurbishing the TR more visible.:) Reddit Thread
    • Up x 3
  14. PlatoonLeaderG

I have 1 question,where we discuss now here or on Reddit Thread?Is it bad if i post on the 2 about the same subject?

btw:I already made an account there
  15. Boomotang

The bigger issue is how much work this stuff would take to implement. I'd much rather they work on what's already on the roadmap. Things like continents, resource mechanics, and new vehicles.
  16. PlatoonLeaderG

They need to hire more people,either way 1) if 1/3 of the costumers arent satisfied with your business will you ignore them and try to keep happy the other 2/3 or 2)you will try to make all of your costumers happy?

Right now SOE is doing the 1 option i listed,they ignore TR community for so long.Ex TR max lockdown......
  17. Boomotang

Actually if you believe the **** on these forums it's more like 80% of their customers are unsatisfied.

I'm fine with lockdown. The only thing I really have a gripe about is how useless the Striker is. And I would still much rather have them work on new continents, resource mechanics, and new vehicles.
  18. PlatoonLeaderG

As for the resource mechanics and maybe Hossin too i agree,but vehicles arent needed(we have plenty)->my opinion

I would love to see a change to striker too,a lot of ideas have been suggested!

Some other idea to make striker better from Dandler.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ith-convenient-animation.175319/#post-2531988
    • Up x 1
  19. PlatoonLeaderG

I m gonna try make a 3d model of prowler as much good as i can(without textures at my free time(they are ***** to apply)),it will take me some time but i think it will be good to help the developers how to make it better.
    • Up x 1
  20. RDKillerITA

If they want something to begin why not the revamp for weapons? I think it does not include much man power for redesigning current weapons with better sound and look. Its frustating to see that almost all weapons look the same and having a ridiculously pew pew sound.
    • Up x 1