[Suggestion] The Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 3, 2013.

1. PlatoonLeaderG

Prowler should activate anchor mode anytime we wanted at least,but no we need to brake wait to hit 0 km/h so we activate it.What it should have been at least is when you press F you immediately go to 0 km/h and activate anchored-it will save time and be moe useful at short distances
    • Up x 2
  2. Axehilt

Though imperfect, so far these stats are the most valid data we have on balance, and either you can accept them as such, or you can bring up better data of your own. If your entire argument focuses on undermining the validity of the most scientific evidence brought to the table thus far, then that really makes it sound like you're trying to obscure the truth (because you're criticizing the closest thing to the truth we have, even though it's imperfect evidence.)
  3. WyrdHarper

Sounds like you need to learn the gear trick. Also give racer a try--a Racer 3 Vanguard travels at almost the same speed as a Racer 3 Prowler.
    It's quite an effective tank with or without the shield, and feels more "tanky" than the Prowler. More importantly, it feels very NC. It's big, tough, and mean, while still looking a bit rough.
    • Up x 1
  4. EliteEskimo

If Anchormode could stop us in an instant with a very little deploy time, and then have almost an instant undeploy time that would go a long way in making it less situational and less suicidal to use at medium range and less. At the same time it would be cool to have a whole separate ability that while being mobile would significantly boost reload speed for a few seconds, but with no velocity increase, and then from there we would have a cool down.

Racer 3 Vanguard travels only 5 KPH slower than Racer 3 Prowler, and with the accelration double tap the Vanguard can reach that top speed quite a bit faster. The speed trait of the Prowler isn't as significant when you consider the Magrider can go over bumper ground easier, and the Vanguard can potentially keep up with a Prowler long enough to kill it. Either way though I would just be happy to get an ability that meshed really well with our speed to begin with.
    • Up x 2
  5. Hiding in VR

Longer range weapon? Just because thats how the game text describes the gun, doesn't mean anything in reality. The TMG-50 has the same 167/10-143/75 profile as the EM6. The velocity differences are minor and are balanced by the rate of fire differences, so why is one a long range weapon and the other not? Because of the other choices available perhaps?

Don't. I said the "S". The Gauss Saw S has an identical profile to the TMG-50. Excepting that it has more available attachments and is half the price :confused:
    • Up x 1
  6. iPlague

At least we're agreeing on that the stats are imperfect. I guess the conversation is over until fresh stats are provided by the Devs, in the.... future.
  7. PlatoonLeaderG

Any1 tried our ESSR yet?I tried it and i found it was really bad compare to the VS and especially the NC.I know its still in development but still even if they up-down some stats it feels really bad
  8. Pikachu

http://2.bp.************/_ERfmEKdtSIw/TPgJvehSfcI/AAAAAAAANS4/u_CD1YGSZ9M/s1600/emperor-of-mankind-approves-this-thread-500x364.jpg
    • Up x 4
  9. Axehilt

TMG is the clear long-ranged choice because of its attributes. Higher-caliber bullets than your other options means you'll get that higher-damage first accurate headshot, and before you stop firing (because you're burst-firing, because your'e engaging at range) you'll have a higher damage potential in those 3-5 bullets than you would with a lower-caliber weapon. Faster weapon velocity assists with hitting targets reliably (the advantage over the EM6 is fairly significant (570 vs. 615), but really what matters is that its better than the other LMGs you have access to, except the Rhino which may be viable as a long-ranged option too except the lower-caliber bullets hurts.)

I don't have much experience with the Gauss SAW S, so can't really comment on it.
  10. AdmiralArcher

i wonder if itll take until this thread hits 100 pages until the devs read it and do something......

i really want the prowler's model to be redone, its currently illogical and idiotic, it would never work no matter how many nanites you throw at it, unless your going to tell me the TR has antigravity (which they dont) it would never work
    • Up x 4
  11. Hiding in VR

Which is what I said. The difference in performance metrics for the TR vs the NC are down to the fact that for one faction the above statement is true, while for the other it is not.

It has identical stats to the TMG-50, but access to a wider range of attachments (such as extended mag) and is a lot cheaper, as the S status would suggest.

TL;DR: One of TRs best guns would only make the "S" grade for NC ;)
  12. Santondouah

Yeah or you could even use anchored mode while moving !

Joke apart, IMO a good idea could be a "berserk" mode instead of anchored mode. Press "F", your prowler glows red, you get "anchored" reload speed (and only reload speed) for 5 to 8 sec. acc. to certs and you can use it while moving, just like the VG does.

-> NC get DEFENSE for 5 to 8 sec (acc. to certs), glow blue.
    -> TR get HUGE DPS for 5 to 8 sec. (acc. to certs), glow red, Berserk mode.
    -> VS ? I guess you purple spandex guys do not want to have an AMAZING maneuverability but I guess we can find something both useful and original for you too !
    Idea for VS: Overheating. A ZoE-like feature. The maggie glows cyan and derives energy from levitation system to its canon, which makes it fire huge plasma projectiles (bonus: +50% dégâts, -30% reload speed. Malus: -40% vehicle speed, huge bullet drop to restrict range). Duration 5 to 8 sec acc. to certs.
  13. PlatoonLeaderG

I like berserk mode i always rush to battles with my tank and it will be so much fun!

i still dont understand what is the dissadvandages on NC shield,
    TR have-1)InOutWaiting before activating 2)when activate become stationary 3)cant activate at will(need to stop first)
    VS gets a boost in speed but 1)they cant control the direction and 2) have cd
    NC 1)have cd

Reminder i dont play NC or VS so if any1 that play with them can they point me the weakness please!(i need to know how to fight them better :))
  14. Bindlestiff

Let's not forget the Magrider boost is on for such a minuscule amount of time compared to the other 2 abilities.
  15. Ketadine

This might have something to do with the new "feature" of not sliding that much on slopes. Same thing applies for Sunderers ...
  16. Santondouah

Let's not forget the magburner CD is 20sec. versus none for anchored and 45 sec. for VG shield (when maxed out).

Plus "minuscule amount of time" seems well enough for good maggie pilots I meet on the battle field.
  17. EliteEskimo

Magburner could stand to be increased in duration or be made Omni-Directional, however you are forgetting the advantage of not having to be completely still to use it, and the fact it is fun to go fast compared to be forced to not move at all like Anchormode. While Magburner could stand to get tweaked think about the fun aspect of being able to go really fast to escape, jump of something (And maybe not explode!:eek:;)), or rush your escaping enemy.

Good Magrider Tankers can definitely use Magburner to their advantage, but it would be a balance nightmare if the Vanguard shield had a shorter CTD in its current state. Another disadvantage of Anchormode is that being immobile in a large battle with defined firing lines makes it very hard to use Anchormode for any meaningful duration without getting blown to smithereens before you can undeploy since you become an easy target. I feel this is less the case for Vanguards or Magriders in large battles, and once again shows the situational nature of Anchormode.
    • Up x 1
  18. Tuco

hehe, anchor mode for prowler, anchor mode for max; yet how incredibly useless for defense.

The ability to fix yourself into one position, and have a more focused forward firepower, rests on the assumption that your flanks are secure. Thankfully with galaxy spawning, squad beacons, extremely fast base captures, lack of PS1 AMS/CE, flying monkeys with C4, upivaders, downivaders, space invaders, and other such gamey PS2 nonsense, your flanks will never be secure or even partially secure.

It's not anchor mode is bad, it's the environment it was put in that makes it bad.
    • Up x 3
  19. Santondouah

A shorter CTD for VG shield will never happen and I don't ask for it. With 90 sec instead of 45, I wouldn't cry and still would use it (and it'd still be called iWin shield anyway).

Hence the "berserker" mode I proposed in a post above. Better DPS without displacement penalty. Makes totally sense for me (acc. to TR trait) and I don't care if it's not "realistic". Is the VG shield anyway ?
  20. Stargazer86

Heck, I'd settle for replacing that crap double turret with a center-lined single shot model. It makes the tank actively worse at longer ranges since you have less of a chance at landing both shots for full damage. The first shot causes the gun to jump, screwing up the second, and that likely causes you to lose any sort of long range gun duel. Just to make things worse, Anchored mode essentially means Prowlers are treated as long range artillery, lobbing shells while sitting far away, something that you -don't- want to do with that stupid dual-turret.

On the flip side, if you attempt to use a Prowler in close-range brawls, where the higher damage double-barreled cannon should be best, a Vanguard just pops its Paladin bubble and wins anyway.

Anchored mode is just... why? Why would I want this? I'm in a tank. I don't need to be better at sitting in one spot and farming infantry. I can do that perfectly fine already. What I -need- is an ability that benefits me when fighting other tanks. NC get their WoW Paladin bubble that straight-up wins them fights. VS get high maneuverability and Mag burners that let them dance around you and run away as much as they like. And TR get the ability to root themselves in place and farm towers slightly better.

Not cool.
    • Up x 3