[Suggestion] The Ultimate Thread Dedicated to Refurbishing TR as a Faction

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 3, 2013.

1. bubbacon

I understand completely. My most heavily invested toon is on Waterson. Waterson is ok, but a little flaky and predictable at times which gets to be rather boring to me.

My Connery TR toon is only BR 16 and I have a blast on that server. When I need to decompress and have fun...thats where I go. Sounds like you invested alot which is good because many of those items will roll with you.

Just something to think about. Hope you have fun where ever your time is spent. Good luck to you sir.
  2. VoidMagic

Completely agree Eskimo... that was more a byatch about people byatching about OP faction specific weapons, which add flavor.

Also much respect for you and BWC... /salute
    I love fighting you guys... no matter how black and blue
    it makes my purple heart... Hope TR gets what it needs to keep
    being such a bunch of evil terrorizing bastages.
  3. PlatoonLeaderG

Thank you so much,i m trying to have fun.But sometimes its impossible when you cant leave the warpgate for 1 hour....Anyways thanks for the advice!
  4. Hiding in VR

Isn't it worse than that? Because they made the Harasser version different, but then for some reason no one understands, nerfed the Prowler version just the same :confused: Or am I getting it wrong?
  5. EliteEskimo

The problem with Lock Down is it's a very situational ability and one which makes you immobile which makes you very easy to hit with dumbfire rockets, grenades, or C4. I would wager because of its incredible situational nature it is the worst ability in the game, and by far the most boring because it promotes camping and cannot be used on the move or to make a push with your team very well.

Also look at it this way Bubbacon, Lock down was despised so much in PS1 by the TR for so long the developers actually gave the TR a new second ability which temporarily increased their ROF on the move. Ignoring the past the PS2 developers gave us this same very disliked lock down ability and the results of people disliking it were basically the same. In general being immobile is boring , and being immobile in PS2 while you're around enemies is often extremely risky. The TR need a temporary ROF boost with a cool down, and maybe an overheat function, which can be used while being mobile. That would be a more versatile and more fun ability.:)
    • Up x 1
  6. PlatoonLeaderG

I want to point out too,that you are not only immobile you also can only turn 180 degrees............and also that long animation to get in and out of lockdown is making it very unlikely to be used during battle,only when you are preparing defending.
    • Up x 1
  7. bubbacon

Lets say the Devs went the route of changing LD(on MAX) to increase ones RoF while maintaining mobility. Thats probably getting too close to what ZOE created imo.

I respect this thread and agree with all of the problems as stated with the exception of MAX LD. I really enjoy it and I hope it stays in game as is. Its very TR specific and the risk/reward makes it quite fun for me. I just fear that a major change would turn TR into mindless 48+ MAX stomp zerg balls.
  8. PlatoonLeaderG

Because you enjoy it,doesnt make the rest of us that hate the ability to auto like it.If i remember correctly 3% of TR users use lockdown......
  9. EliteEskimo

I don't feel a mobile temporary ROF increase with a cool down and perhaps overheat mechanic would be overpowered like how ZOE was. What made ZOE so dang powerful was you had a Max that could toss away its biggest weakness( being slow) and then chase down players that tried to run away from you. The increased damage done against a ZOE Max could be greatly negated by the additional speed that ZOE provided. The ability I suggested would keep the TR Max Slow as it normally is, while at the same time taking away the ability to charge meaning its likeliness of escaping a bad situation is even further reduced. See what I'm getting at?
  10. Kallowe

Maybe I'm incorrect, but it think what bubbacon was more that it would "step on the toes" of ZOE. They would both be very similar basically "hit a to deal more damage".
  11. bubbacon

I'm not sure what the % is...thats probably correct from what I see in game. What I would add is that probably only 3% of the TR player base have fully certed into this. Lock Down is sorta an end-game path way to alot of TR...it was for me as well.
  12. EliteEskimo

Perhaps, however ZOE is more of a movement increase with a damage increase. The TR new ability would just be a straight up ROF increase so it would be "hit for more Dakka!":D . The NC Max has a "hit to be dealt less or no damage shield" ZOE is more "hit to do more damage and gain a mobility increase." I think that would work out nicely.
  13. PlatoonLeaderG

The point is that its not worth certing,you said that you use air with lockdown how you can do that when they can fly on your blind spots?Is the rate of fire and faster reload worth the libs dalton and esf pods.I try to use it a lot and the only time i can find it usefull its with sneaky pounder lockdown behind a tank....esf can easily escape you
  14. Santondouah

2: easy answer: halberd has 1350 damage per mag. Full stop.
  15. Santondouah

I'd rather say T9 carv for instance
  16. bubbacon

Your blind spot is covered by your positioning. When I LD on a Burster MAX, I do it from an advantagious position. I wont go out on a landing pad. I'm typically on a balcony or my back is to a structure. If its just one Lone Wolf Lib flying around, I don't even worry about positioning. With max flak and max LD dual bursters, I generally win that encounter.
  17. PWGuy93

SOE, perhaps try an experiment. During one of the warpgate rotations change the TR default color from red to say green.
  18. PlatoonLeaderG

How much lockdown increase your buster firerate?Either way you can take out a lib without using lockdown,i think its suited for your gameplay that you use it effectively,idk.Its good at least some1 like it,instead of using charge....i try to use it as much i can,but very few situations lockdown was usufull.
  19. bubbacon

I wish I could give you guys the hard-core data for the RoF increase with maxed out Lock Down, but I'm just a casual player that sorta goes on the feel of the game.

What I can say is that the last lvl of Lock Down is amazing and will blow you away with its potiental. Be it Bursters, Pounders, Fracs, or Chain Guns. Just remember the synergy you need with max Flak/Kinetic armor. Right Time...Right Armor...Right Weapon...Right On!
    • Up x 1
  20. DrBash00

Well i think a Main Problem here is (in my Opinion/Suggestion):
    The Developers left 1 single Advantedge to the TR the DPS (Damage per Second).
    The TR Weapon have slightly higher DPS numbers, because of there bigger Magazines with pretty nice reload Times.

The Problem here: In EVERY 1 v 1 Situation, this Sux, because a VS Weapon with less bullet spread and less recoil and the same rate of fire wil take you down just faster... Because 30 Shots are enough to take you down easaly.

But here comes the Truble, because if you have BIG fights... the TR advantedges get heavy...
    For example Lockdown (Prowler or MAX)

Here an example:

1 Magrider(vaynguard) VS 1 Prowler
    Magrider can use the agility to get on the backside, or dodge the prowlers bullets, seek cover.... So this is gonna to be a hard fight for both of them.
    Vaynguard can press his F to win Button, if the Prowler pilot can repair until the Shield is worn of, and the vanguard didnt get cover, he Prowler have a "good" chance to win the engage... while the vainguard normaly can decide if he is going to engage or stay save... or can burst and hide behind a corner.... (if the prowler engages while he is behind the corner ---> F to win, and finish the job)

Now 100 Magrider VS 100 Prowler
    100 Magrider CAN NOT use there Boost usefully... 100 Vainguards can use there shield to save there lives a little bit.... BUT....
    100 Prowler get + 15% - +30% Reload time....
    Now 100 Magrider are fighting 130 Prowler in terms of Firepower......
    And the Same Story with the long Magazines on TR Weapons, the suck in "small fights" but hurt so hard in big fights.... sometimes it is frustrating for both sides.....

This is my Opinion on the TR weapon Topic ---> Weak in small fights
    ----> Strong in big fights

----> Strongest in fights where TR outnumberes the enemy....

Idk. how to fix this problem, idk even if i am right with my suggetion here... but it is worth to think about...