Is the cheating/aimbotting/etc really that bad?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Calmdown, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Giggily

Xien can you please link your profile so we can look at your death board and get a list of confirmed hackers?
  2. LT_Latency

Whatever, Drown in your see of tears. I don't care.

I will be playing and killing having almost 0 problems with hackers.
  3. Xien

Ahhh the overused "tears" meme. I love how that gets tossed around so prolifically in gaming communities, even when no tears are being shed.

Keep baaa'ing, little sheep. :) "tears" "rage" "********" "blablabla"
  4. LT_Latency

It's all I see, Sorry bro.

Lots of people are reporting having little problems with hackers and I do just fine while I play, I know I don't hack.

Have fun in the thread
  5. Xien

Why so you can respond with the "there's no such things as hackers because your K/D is below x" fallacy?
  6. Xien

Baaaaa, baaaaa, tearzzz, baaaa, I can ride my bike with no handlebars, baaaaa.
  7. LT_Latency

Because you need a certain level of skill to be able to tell what is a good player and what is a hacker.

Bad player go "OMG I died so fast how is that possible everyone is hacking" because they don't know how to shoot or aim correctly so they can't produce the same results and mistake better players for hackers
  8. Xien

Oh I get it, an ad hominem wrapped in plausibility.

You know I already debunked that ITT too. Maybe you "bros" and "dudes" should read the thread before you post to it. :)

I don't need KD of 10 to know that someone killing me with headshots using an SMG from 200 meters is just MLG and not a hacker. Kk, thx. :)
  9. LT_Latency

You just crying endless.

If you are a bad player and can't aim and shoot correctly. How would you tell what a good player can do and what they are capabily of???

How would you tell the difference if you don't even know what you are looking for???
    • Up x 1
  10. Utrooperx

You know, I posted this earlier, but nobody must have noticed, so I'll post it again...

I have one fact in this discussion that I can point to concerning the overall amount/percentage of players that use a illegitimate means to gain an advantage over their fellow players.

I would "assume" that SoE has all the relevant data. They know how many players they ban and they have all the information.

So if a SoE representative states that the "actual amount of cheaters in Planetside 2 is fairly low", one must take them at their word.

Fairly low.

This begs for a definition. Since the wording was not "extremely low", we can toss the assumption of a overall percentage being 1 to 2% right out the window, as that would fit the description of "extremely low".

Fairly low.

This is left wide open for interpretation...but lets put it into a easy-to-understand context.

In a 48+ vs 48+ battle, by SoE's own admission, there are at least two players using illegitimate means to acquire a advantage over their fellow players...at least two, if not more...in every 48+ vs 48+ battle.

Contemplate that before you state you haven't seen a cheater in forever, you can count on one hand, etc.
    Just wanted to toss this tidbit of data out there again...it might help "clear the air"...
    The issue exists people. SoE has admitted to it...in black and white...so how is it possible that some still deny the problem...even after the company that runs this game has came right out and declared:
    "The actual amount of cheaters is FAIRLY LOW."
    • Up x 2
  11. AngersRevenge

There are more hackers in this game than any I have played. Grant it there is also probably more hackuzations than any I have played either. But I know for a fact I have encountered quit a bit of deaths that can only be explained by hacking.

I know I am not the best person with FPS but having a heavy shoot you through a slight gap in between to walls while he's running. Oh, we can't forget that I was a cloaked infil that could barely shoot through the wall with a sniper rifle. Or, when half of your platoon dies to the same Max in about 15 seconds. Oh, and we can't forget that this max was about 100 meters away.
  12. Xien

Yeah. People wanna argue and play :words: on Forumside but the fact is, SOE's on words... "fairly low"... not "extremely low" (1% as many claim). "Fairly low"... that's open to wide interpretation. Is 5% fairly low? 10%?
    • Up x 2
  13. Xien

There's more hackusations in a game with more hackers? Funny that!

Me too. Like the Heavy Assaults who counter snipe me with LMG's at ranges of 150-200meters. But of course it's just latency/I'm a bad player/etcetc.

People are really obvious about hacks if you're paying attention to what's going on. Like the Heavy Assault who is literally this big |-| on your screen through a 2x scope who just snipes you down with a fully auto weapon or an LMG or some such. I mean come on, can you be more obvious?

The reason so much of this hacking goes unnoticed is because of the engagement sizes... in a 24v24 with airplanes shooting at you and tanks blowing everything up, are you really gonna notice that the dude who killed you was like 100-150 meters away? No probably not, you're focused on your immediate surroundings. But the way I play, I get into positions to notice these things.
  14. PromptCritical Developer

Here is my interpretation of "fairly low":
    • All of the free PS2 cheats have not worked in years
    • All of the paid PS2 cheats have not worked in months
    • People exploit bugs, like non-rendering spawn shields, invulnerable vehicles, and holes in terrain
    • Up x 7
  15. DFDelta

4 days ago I returned after a 6 month break. (Played last shortly after the GamesCom 2014)
    The general level of skill, for a lack of a better word, seems to have dropped considerably. Especially situational awareness and common sense.
    Sitting 4 meters above a whole squad and killing pretty much all of them with a silenced gun was rarely possible before (someone would have noticed), now it seems to be the norm.
    I've seen more cloaked infis run straight through the middle of 20+ people in this 15 hours since returning then I'd usually have seen in a week.
    I have also killed at least 40 people who stood 5 meters behind me and spotted me.

I have since received 10+ tells of people calling me a hacker, because apparently seeing a Infi running straight at you from the front or following a stream of enemy bullets to a rooftop and killing the shooter is only possible with ESP nowadays. Also hitting people from 10 meters away or turnung around to kill the guy behind you that spotted you is seemingly only possible with aimbots.
    I'm not even joking. I got my first envy tell not even 20 minutes in when I came into a room and killed a guy standing 3 meters away already facing me. "nice aimbot" indeed.

I have on the other hand not seen a single hacker in those hours (might be woodman though, that server has always been low on hackers). But I can see where all those "hackers" come from.
    When the average player has dropped to the level of a demented 5 year old on a sugar rush the "normal" average stands out a lot.
    • Up x 1
  16. KnightCole

Then yikes, SoE really needs to fix that crap...cuz wow....

My latency, or ping or w/e...bounces around 80-99ms..according to that green bar when i hit Tab.
  17. Frazzle

Was hoping what you posted was true, so I did a little research. It has been several months since there was a working free hack, but there some pay hacks currently working. On the bright side, there are a bunch of fakes out there that don't work that are ripping people off. That made my day.
    • Up x 1
  18. PromptCritical Developer

Just because a website or video advertises a cheat as "working" or "undetected" does not make it true.
    • Up x 1
  19. Jeslis

Your posts do not show up in the SOE post tracker.. please fix! >.>
  20. Xien

And just because you post this, doesn't mean they don't work...
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.