TRAP-M1

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by hawken is better, Feb 16, 2014.

1. hawken is better

Hell, I'd take the Cyclone over the majority of TR's weapons.

Anyway, the TRAP got updated on the test server - you can now attach 1x all the way up to 6x scopes (including the HS/NV). The scopes still don't appear on the model, though. You can also equip a suppressor and a foregrip/laser sight/darklight.

I must say, this thing sounds mean as hell, and with a 1x + foregrip, it's pretty damn accurate while using the 3-round burst.
  2. MrMurdok

That meaty sound, along with the sight options and foregrip. I think I'm in love, tomorrow's gonna be one hell of a day.
  3. DrTeeth

Ah that's unfortunate. I was hoping they were going for a medium-long range Infil version of the SAW, but this just looks like a SOAS side-grade / replacement. I'll happily Auraxium it as I like the SOAS, but I think they're missing an opportunity to give us something new.
  4. DxAdder

I see some real high hopes for the Trap but honestly I don't get what the big deal is about it.

The NC weapon on the other hand is by the far the best and I'm sure will be nerfed within a week.
  5. Get2dachoppa

And I would gladly trade my Eridani for an Armistice.
  6. Masterofm

I think giving snipers a battle rifle is kinda lame.... but it fits with how lame the TR's infantry weapons are right now anyways. Uuuuugh. Wonder if they are eventually going to just give up and just give shotguns to infiltrators again.
  7. salembeats

Regardless of what you think of the weapon's value (I personally am excited for it, I know that Higby loves his SABR and won't let me down with what he describes as a "super" version of it), you have got to be excited by the terrifying sound it makes now. Easily the most powerful-sounding infantry weapon in the TR arsenal to date.
  8. MrMurdok

It's a SOAS-20 with the same muzzle velocity of the SR-7 and with higher damage output.

So glad I got the weekend off.
  9. DrTeeth

I've played with it a bit now.. still not hugely impressed. The recoil after each 2 shot burst is *really* high, at longer ranges you might as well be using a KSR-35 as you have to wait for the recoil to subside completely if you want to get hits. So really, 1 shot that hits for 334 or two shots that hit for 167+167, what's the difference? At shorter ranges you can be a bit more spammy than the semi-autos which is nice.. but this gun has an absolutely tiny ammunition reserve (126 rounds total!) so if you spam you'll run dry in a minute.

SOE, please reduce the recoil, and give us more ammo. Really this gun should be 200 max damage, 20 rounds per mag, 144 rounds per loadout (same as the ACX-11).

Personally I would swap all the close range scopes and the laser attachment for more damage, bigger mags and more ammunition reserve.
  10. Odin

Anyone that plays the game as anything but a long range sniper is going to be a monster with this thing.
    It absolutely shreds anything up close to 30 metres in 3 round burst, accurate and deadly in 2 round burst out to 70 metres at least and is a powerful scout rifle/semi auto at long range.
    How anyone could not like it is beyond me, please take our railjack, I am not a long range sniper and could care less about the longshot 1.5.
    I am so jealous of Tr right now, the trap would fit my playstyle perfectly, the way I play it would be op as ****.
  11. FlamingSquirrel

We don't need another bolt-action, we have the RAMS .50 which is already statistically the best BASR currently in the game.
    I'm very interested in the super-sabr concept. I'd like another mid-range option, especially as the TR scout rifles are just awful.
    However, it depends a lot on how they end up implementing it.
  12. Stigma

Seems weird to say that the RAMS .50 is the statistically best BASR when they are all 100% identical clones between the empires aside from the aestetics...

I have to agree that the TRAP actually seems like the more interesting one out of the three - not because of raw power (need some real practical testing to figure out its practical power), but because it fills something that was very lacking for the infil in general - a good precise medium-range versatile weapon. Obviously the scoutrifles fill this role too but.... the autoscouts just suck compared to pretty much any other gun in the game in terms of statistics. It doesn't hold a candle to any assaultrifle, LMG or even carbine. Hopefully the TRAP will turn out to simply be a little better scoutrifle with a twist (ie. superaccurate 2-tap burstfire). I think it would do the game good to not have 90% of infils running the SMGs.

-Stigma