Darklight Flashlight will become popular eventually....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Akeita, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Zapon

theres a lot of talk of people just waltzing into rooms and emptying a couple of mags in a very slow circle to kill everyone hiding....or get hit markers...

Lol, the concept of pre-fire...

its not run and gun, it's gun, gun, and gun some more until you get a hit..
  2. Santondouah

well, most of guys do it on youtube videos. Seems PS2 is full of "idiots"
  3. Koldorn

Semi-on topic question...
    Do you get radar-assist points for scout radar-ing infantry with vehicle scout radar?
    And if so, is there a cap on it like ammo resupply / repairs?
  4. Rift23

Why is everyone abusing the PSA tag by using it on opinionated threads?
    • Up x 1
  5. Ash87

Why is it people get their panties in a knot, every time someone uses the PSA tag?
  6. Rift23

Still not answering the question.
  7. K2k4

I'm actually surprised that since the update I haven't been identified by somebody's flashlight. Seems it hasn't caught on yet.

But when it finally happens I'm sure I'll be thoroughly upset.
  8. Ash87

Ah HAA, neither did you!

Caught you in your own web, now haven't I!
  9. Predator01cz

I got my dark light on my medic gauss rifle the moment it was put on Live.
    I absolutely love it. The corner potatoes hate it.

Even though you can usually see them on Ultra at 10m just fine. I just love the effect.
  10. Rift23

Why do I need to answer my own question?
  11. Akeita

They made it to prove that how much fun stalker is, prove that it's pretty much invisible as you can see, while ***** like you just can't stop ruining everyone fun, and you haven't reply to my entire post yet, scared to make a test that you are wrong ?
  12. Littleman

I have a flash light on my repeater!

The effective range of the flashlight means if I can see the infil, I needn't use a laser to hit them with hip fire anyway.

What's freaky is that infils are like a deer in the headlights when I light them up. They don't do anything.
  13. EmmettLBrown

Tried the flashlight. Realized I'm carrying around a flashlight. Took it off.
    If this does catch on, it'll make it easier to spot the people playing where's waldo.
  14. LibertyRevolution

Stalker deep cloak is invisible:

I am sitting against a wall, the middle of a wall, not in a corner, on a cap point, spamming voice callouts.
    They have no idea where I am until 4:30 later when someone grabs a flashlight..
    • Up x 2
  15. Benton!

lolololol much funny very humour

The general consensus of this thread is that darklight is worthless because people find it very easy to see cloaked infiltrators. I think this is proof cloaks need a visibility buff (or nerf?) to make them harder to see while walking (I am ok with the sprinting visibility).
  16. Metalsheep

Question about the Flashlight: Does it still light up cloakers when "off" like the laser sight still works when off?

Ontop of that, does it light up other infiltrators when you are cloaked with a flashlight? (It seems to turn off when you cloak)
  17. Moisture

They WILL not be used(Like they are not now) On primary weapons. The downside is too large.
    But everyone should have one on their secondary. And many people will I guess at some point.
    I see Nearly no downside having it on my Rebel.
    So, Will people run around with secondary out more often?
    I doubt it personally.
    You should be more worried about motion sensors.
  18. Akeita

The flashlight will make the cloak look like when the infiltrator is running, despite they are in DCM.

The flashlight work just like laser sight, automatically turned off when the user is cloaked
  19. Ravenorth

I just dont get these Infiltrators sitting on cap points/generator rooms with stalker cloaks, they are just giving out their general location and any player with decent skill will figure out their little "scheme".

I´ve already lost count how many I´ve killed and I dont even need a darklight for it, I just toss EMP nade on the point/gen room and then nail them down while they are still trying to figure what just happened to their cloak.
  20. Santondouah

I don't know if they changed something since the PTS try I did with my mates but I guess yesterday night I met my first actual deep cloak on live. Much harder to see than what I had in mind, totally invisible outside (pattern on ground/"walls" is quite random) but still slightly visible in buildings by strafing while checking (straight lines deformation not that hard to see) but you have to be quite close yes (<5-10m I'd say).