The New Sniper Rifles, when they come? [19.02.] Today ???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by finali, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Dcrd

Vanguard is UP? What?

Btw why is this new SR OP? It oneshots someone with bodyshots with this velocity? No? What's the problem then?

It's not very different from my parallax tbh.
  2. Hatesphere

non of the empire specific launchers can one shot infantry. (the TR one cant even be dumb fired) and the phoenix does way more then 750 damage to armor.
  3. Blarg20011

Because it's a direct upgrade over all other BASRs?
    • Up x 2
  4. Dcrd

All previous "NEW" BASRs were a straight upgrade. (Recharge time doesn't matter at all)
  5. sindz

Are you kidding?

The new NC rifle is better at every stat than the parallax. And its hitscan and it reloads faster.

If you dont think thats OP, then you should play super mario kart instead.
    • Up x 1
  6. NinjaTurtle

Don't sweat it, I have been saying in the test server threads that it will be nerfed pretty quickly after release, you mark my words.

I just hope they revert to the previous shotgun mode rather than just nerfing it to being another Longshot
  7. sindz

Yeah, it will get nerfed fast, since they forumside will cry bloody murder. But whats the reason for releasing something that is beyond broken and everyone even called it ever since they removed shotgun mode. Sigh at SOE. But I guess its NC's turn to get something OP and then having it nerfed to oblivion ;) (striker -> ZOE -> NC ES rifle)
  8. Dcrd

It still has bullet travel time, so you still need to lead it. It's not semi auto or anything so you still can't fight multiple enemies in a close-midrange combat.

Yes, it's easier to lead, just as parallax's bullets are easier to lead then, say, XM98's. Damage upgrade doesn't matter, since it still oneshots to the head and twoshots to the body, reload times and magazine size on sniper rifles doesn't matter aswell.

Idk, I play an infiltrator like 99% of the time and I'd still prefer VS' stock SASR to this gun, I see nothing OP in it.
  9. sindz

The fact that you can't see any problems doesn't mean there isnt any. Sniper rifles should not have no bullet drop, it makes it way way better than what the other players can get (and yes, no bulletdrop on a sniper is HUGE deal). Furthermore it beats the other BASR's in all categories aswell, so its a straight up upgrade and its faction limited.

Its about balance, not what you think to put it rather harshly - and I mean no offense.
    • Up x 1
  10. ComradeHavoc

Let me counter your bias with my own
    1. The Phoenix is the only rocket able to be shot down, it has a sub-par velocity and makes the user an easy target despite stereotypical beleifs... the rocket has a cery limited range and turns slower than a max strafes.
    2.The Vanguard is the best 1 on 1 AT tank period. It is outclassed in many other aspects.
    3.As a dedicated all faction pilot I can say that it is the situation that determines the dogfight but the vertical thrust is nothing compared to the reverse manuver. This is my personal opinion but the mossie is a great ESF just because of the hitbox.
    After you heard the NC death music, you wish you were dead
  11. Hoki

Yeah but infs were one of the few cool guys that could kumbaya together since we are so silimiar.

It was actually pretty nice, but I suppose all good things must come to an end.
  12. LIKE A BOSS!

If you think its ok that NC get a BASR with 0 bullet drop and the most damage isn't OP then you aren't playing the same game. Vanu should be the only faction with 0 bullet drop weapons espiecially on a BASR. Its plain out OP. The NC ESSR is better than the parrallax in every aspect.
  13. AdmiralArcher

ok.....TR and VS have the better tank?

DO YOU EVEN IWINSHIELD!?!?!
    • Up x 1
  14. Benton!

Are you actually for real mate?
  15. TekFan

Afaik the NC-SR has a shiny yellow tracer-effect that lasts for a while. Given that cloakers have the lowest shield of all factions, I'd say we see how the here-I-am-effect pays off for NC-Infiltrators before anyone screams OP like a crazed parrot. Anyone with a slight ability of tactical thinking and pattern-recognition will have it made easy to close in on a NC-Infiltrator as long as you remain undetected.

My information mostly comes from the vid Drathamus put on youtube. Given that information I'd say the only faction that can be depressed about their new sniper rifle are the TR.
    NC: Hard hitting rail-rifle, highspeed projectile and no bullet-drop with an optical disadvantage.
    VS: Hybrid between semi-auto and bolt-action with no bullet-drop, infinite ammo and only an overheat-mechanic.
    TR: Burst-fire Sniper-Rifle.

Looks like they ran out of ideas for the red faction.
  16. Tobax

Maybe next week if your lucky.

Argue and moan some more please people as Higby just said the new ES rifles are delayed some more.

https://twitter.com/mhigby/statuses/436301193489301504
  17. MrMurdok

Two weeks, and they'll all be copy/pasted versions of the Tier-3 rifles with different stats.

Why? Forumside, that's why.
    • Up x 2
  18. FieldMarshall

Its a TRAP!

For your wallet.
    • Up x 1
  19. Nephi1im

So the truth comes out. SOE feel free to make it NS (or reskin for each faction). Then it will be perfectly ok.