Week One WDS Winners & Friday Night Ops Goodness

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 14, 2014.

1. FlamingSquirrel

1. A lot of us are professional developers that develop software for client companies. We'd also be told to go stuff our product where the sun doesn't shine if it was as bug-ridden and poorly implemented as this 2 years after release. The gfx were only properly optimized a few months ago.
    2. They've already admitted the numbers are wrong, so.... yeah.
    3. VS were losing WDS 1, until they moved the goalposts so that VS won. VS have been losing WDS 2 pre-season, now the numbers have changed radically behind the scenes and suddenly VS are winning again. I can see why some people could be suspicious of some sort of bias..
    4. It took them a full week to realise that the leaderboards weren't accurate, and their incredible algorithm appears to have taken everything into consideration, except the reality of what happened during the week.

As for your 'suggestion', you tell people to **** unless they have an intelligent comment. If your comment above is anything to go by, I look forward to your inevitable, and eternal silence. Particularly as you've pretty much just suggested to everyone that doesn't agree with you to die in a drink-driving accident. That's in pretty poor taste.
    • Up x 7
  2. ncDieseL

Continuing to run WDS despite all the problems it's had so far is like sticking your fingers in your ears and going "LALALALALALA".

It needs to be finished early, it's clearly completely broken. The mechanics of it don't work, and now the scores aren't even correctly calculated. It's a completely meaningless competition now, you might as well just dish out boosts randomly, it would be fairer.
    • Up x 1
  3. GlueHead

So...the boosts have not been granted yet?
  4. FlamingSquirrel

Apparently they have, but no one has reported receiving them yet.
    • Up x 6
  5. Vivicector

Nah, actually I don't like the current WDS gameplay. It is all just about zergs and camping. Boooring. Zerging part of PS2 is already boring as it is, now it is like boredom in square! Mindless chaotic fight where skill never matters. Awful.
    • Up x 3
  6. Jump Jets

So is there any Official Post on who Really won?
    They had score on this post, since removed as it was wrong.
    Then they tell us that if you FEEL? like you haven't gotten your reward to send a support ticket.
    How are we supposed to know who actually won per server?
    I'm not one of those who have 3 character on the same server (personally I think that is really stupid, even thought after the server merges I now have 2 on the same server), so can't just say nope didn't get one.
    So who really won on Waterson and Connery.
  7. DrDevice

This post Was the official announcement.

It basically shows how terribadly lopsided all the actual scores are so the censored the post to remove the actual scores.
    • Up x 1
  8. Jump Jets

Got a chance to log on and

VS Connery - 3-day 50%xp boost Given. No Notification on log in, and NO notification in Messages, but did have in inventory.

NC Waterson - Nothing (so still need to know who actually won, general consensus is NC won, if not cool but still need to know)
    Guess I'll wait till tonight before contacting Customer Service. Maybe by then we will have the Official Correct Scores.

Dr.Device I know but many times in the past in cases like this a Dev would post on twitter or reddit but neglect these forums.
    Which so far isn't the case either.
  9. Polarbeargaming

Can we all remember that this is a pre-season. Pre-seasons are supposed to be development stages of the final product.

Also, the devs work their ***** off for this game. Please stop whining that you aren't getting something that is free. If this game is so BS and ****** just stop playing.
    • Up x 1
  10. Pootisman

I have 3 chars on the same server and i didnt get any boosts.
  11. FlamingSquirrel

This is the pre-season of the 2nd year of WDS. So not only have they gone through an entire pre-season before, which, as you say, was supposed to be a development stage. They're also gone through the real thing before. Last time everyone complained that they moved the goalposts to let VS win. Guess what they've done this time? Moved the goalposts to let VS win.

They have learned nothing from their previous mistakes, and seem to be going out of their way to replicate them.

They work their ***** off for this game, because they are paid for it. They are not doing this as some kind of great benevolent act for humanity. A large number of people pump money into this game, and they have a right to give negative feedback when something they pay for is being changed for the worse.

That's what these forums are for. Feedback. Both negative and positive. If you want to argue that the way WDS has been handled is fantastic, then sure, help yourself - but do so by presenting a logical case. Don't just shout 'everyone that I don't agree with: shut up'.
    If you don't like seeing people with the opposite opinion to you expressing that opinion, then perhaps the forums are not for you.
    • Up x 3
  12. Robyn

You must except the EU Servers, to that time no one is reality online on NC and TR, atlast i could said that to my Server 1 - 5 EST the VS where just rolling the continents purple.
    • Up x 1
  13. chiensale2005

God !! What the hell just happen in one night! Am NC on connery last night i play like a mad cow and the scoring give up like 4 k ahead of vanu, then i go to sleep. Get online today and now Vanu have 9 k ahead of us!! What the hell just happen ?? This is a joke really Nc fight as hell to get cap, Vs defend and they get more wds that us just because someone cap for 4 sec and they get it back for a full wbs reward! + Worst at night when we all sleep Vs ghost capping everything just perfect. This system is broken. If you have to set a world domination do it in the prime time for each servers ( 4:30 pm to 10 pm ) when the major populations is online to join the battle. NC to all servers stop capping and defend all hot spot we can't win by fighting with this broken systems, lossing by fighting just perfect. Can't play tonight am piss.
  14. Vanon

I hope against hope that Higby and SoE use this to balance the servers out.
    • Up x 1
  15. Wezdor

Still haven't gotten any of the reward boosts on any winning characters.
  16. GoodFight

I believe you got your wish, as the WDS scores no longer show on the tab screen.
  17. GoodFight

Regarding the rewards:

I for certain have not received an award on Connery, since no character has a notification and no character even has a 3-day boost in inventory.

On Mattherson, it's less clear, but no character has received a notification, but the VS character had some 3-day boosts from pre-season 1, so I can't tell if I got a new one.

What I do know is that I spent a good 15 minutes looking on the website for the results of season 2, week 1, and couldn't find them.

Do you really want us all filing tickets on this?
  18. FlamingSquirrel

They're still up on Miller, here's what they say:

TR: 75741 this week :: 303550 this season
    NC: 53601 this week :: 246368 this season
    VS: 52116 this week :: 236564 this season

VS is winning apparently, go figure.
    I didn't realize the idea was to get the lowest score.
  19. 10thRMDredd

Flaming squirrel.
    Name your company and your role.
    You wont, so if you will forgive us we may remain a touch sceptical.
    So maybe you are the 1%, fantastic.
    Good for you old boy. Seriously. :)
    As to 90 comments all saying the same thing, I am sure its very useful for SOE.
    So you can be proud there. Being able to count and add is an important skill. You guys sure showed SOE.
    The point i was making, which was obviously a bit lost on you is, negativity towards SOE and repeated droning about the same thing is so very useful and exciting for all of us.
    If you are taking this a bit personally, give your mum a cuddle.
    Best of luck old chap. :)
  20. Bigdougiem

NC Woodman player here.

When i commented it wasn't for whining purposes, was purely to state the feeling and position of the rest of the NC on my server, my post was simply to state the facts about the scores as they were till the very last second before servers went done before the scores went out.

I have every faith that the actual winners will get the rewards they deserve but as importantly there should be a re-calculation and re-post on the website of the true-scores for those that wish to save that for the future...this industry as with any business is nothing without it's fanbase/clientele and they like me will still continue to play this game, if treated with respect