New Liberator Empire Specific Weapons, and Opinions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eclipson, Feb 14, 2014.

1. treeHamster

So the TR one will end up being the OP thing and will be spammed to hell and back until they nerf it.

When will you people learn that boring, uncreative, and same ends up being a straight upgrade over what we already have, which means it's ALWAYS the best.

Give me an I WIN button any day of the week over some super combo that only tickles an enemy.
  2. CrashB111

I suppose after this ingenious decision by SOE that the TR Empire Specific Buggy will be a Harasser that goes 1 KPH faster, has a slightly more rounded hood, and can't kill a fly with its weapons unless its hugging the target.
  3. Eclipson

4. Pikachu

You thought the striker was boring at first when Higby showed it then you all loved it and dominated with it. :p
  5. CrashB111

That wasn't the Striker, that was the fact that SOE left it bugged for so long to where it went through cover and ignored flares randomly.

Any lock on launcher could have had that bug overamping it, the Striker just happened to be the one that got used the most by TR since it was a meaner annihilator.
    • Up x 1
  6. Badmagic362

VS idea so far is boring and unoriginal

Instead, give the VS a damage over time BEAM like weapon. Hold button down and a straight laser deals damage per second. No splash, No drop, very accurate (VS traits). Small magazine or heat cap to balance

NC idea is already done.

Instead, give the NC a TV guild missile/bomb that the player has to detonate to deal damage over an area. Player fires, guilds, and detonate over an area to hit multiple targets.

TR idea is HATED! Very unoriginal

Instead, give TR something like hornet missiles but fires a volley of them. Wire guided barrage of missiles. I admit it’s hard to come up with and idea but the DEVS have to try harder.

I really like everything else in the liberator update and I am very much looking forward to it but think the ESBG needs some original ideas and community feedback.
  7. Badmagic362

Though about it some more

Another Idea . . . Different Though

Fixed or VERY Limited Aiming Belly Weapons, it would should be more powerful than current options to make up for VERY limited aiming but it would encourage the use of the Precision Bomber Air Frame which is very under used

VS: Charge Up style, Lancer of the Air, mega laser. Really powerful, high velocity, zero drop, near instant damage weapon. For the VS that hate charge up change it to high damaging per second beam.

NC: Single powerful bomb, non-guided but maybe keep the TV option to watch it fall and gunner has to detonate it before impact?

TR: Free Falling Bombs, large amount of low splash and low damage bombs that free fall after fired.

I did submit similar suggestion before but instead with full aiming ability. I like these option better because they would give usefulness to the other under used airframe, Precision Bomber. The idea is that the gunner has very limited aiming for a trade off in high damage. It would also make communication and coordination between the pilot and gunner critical to successfully working. I think the fixed/ limited aiming would create a new mechanic and game pay or style.
  8. DQCraze

TR = Canister Gun From Alien Battle cruiser, like on the Movie Battleship

NC = Some sort of Rail Gun.

VS = Phazers from the Enterprise kinda thing

Really, if they wanted to get creative just watch some movies. These are just a few with all kinds of Weaponology.

Star Trek
    Battleship
    Pacific Rim
    Transformers
    Starship Troopers
    Aliens
    Star Wars
  9. Phazaar

They all sound ****ing terrible. Except maybe the VS one, except that it should OBVIOUSLY be a TR weapon.
  10. Maljas23

The lack of interesting equipment for the TR is really starting to get to me. Someone who posts on reddit/twitter needs to get it out to the devs that TR does NOT want ES versions of NS weaponry.

No more for the love of all that is holy.
  11. Phazaar

Also, IMHO TV guided missile should be the new NS tailgun. People might actually fly 3/3 Libs then... Could you imagine how fun AA would be? Even if it took two hits to kill... Still totally AWESOME.
  12. Pikachu

So much dislike for the NC version. Assuming they can fix the range limit I like it. I have been waiting for vehicle version of this weapon. :) I liked the phoenix a lot. I just hope they realize that if the DPS of this weapon is to compete with dalton it got to have the damage of 2 dalton shots or so. If they're just gonna give it phoenix damage then I pass.
  13. WyrdHarper

You know that render distances are often pretty low because of engine limitations, right? If the TV missile onehits infantry, it will be the absolute BEST AI air weapon in the game simply by virtue of it having the largest effective range. Not to mention that it allows liberators to fire from behind cover to hit armor and sources of flak. Depending on the way they set up the engine methodology, it may also be the only one that acts like a bomb (if the 300m is from the point it was fired, then the liberator can keep moving as the gunner hits targets--unless they basically force the liberator to lockdown until the target hits, which would be kind of interesting).

The TV-guided weapon doesn't simply add a new weapon to the liberator arsenal, it turns the NC Liberator into an entirely different aircraft, and a pretty interesting one at that.
  14. jiggu

Yeah ok not another Striker case please. Redesign the TR one.
  15. Nephera

I like VS's, it's an interesting mechanic. Though it sounds more like it should be TR's and a lot of VS want a beam mechanic. (I do think this implementation will be more visually impressive than a beam or TR shell chaingun at least.)

Nc's sounds like the pilot can focus entirely on dodging while the gunner shoots at targets with less worry of the gunner missing because of the movement of the aircraft, but with a 300m hard range limit on guided weapons it doesnt sound so great, it's very easy for a pilot to accidentally go outside of 300m . How easily will it be able to hit other aircraft i wonder...

I don't know what to make of TR's until i see some hard numbers like magazine size and rpm.

edit: to be effective at with a 300m gunner range you will probably have to be able to kill a tank with a combo of the nosegun and the gunner weapon in one pass, and i'm pretty sure a lot of people will be rather unhappy with that on both sides.
  16. deggy

The TV missile doesn't necessarily have a 300m range limit.

The reason that the Phoenix has that limit is that infantry de-render at 300 meters.

Liberators render much farther out than that, which negates that limitation.
  17. Pikachu

How does that related to having a loading screen? That was the issue they said. Phoenix missile counts as a vehicle. On hit the player teleports back to he firing position. Teleporting >300m means they have to load lots of terrain at once or something that requires loading screen. Like some biolab teleporters do.