MAX AA vs Skyguard

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kittel, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quovatis

What a difference a year makes. MAX AA went from totally OP to almost useless. The main problem with MAX AA is the spread is huge, meaning you can't land but a few rounds unless they are right overhead.
  2. LegioX

You are not Squidrd are you? I remember that players youtube videos of him/her sitting in bofors owning AC well beyong the circle arch in the game.
  3. AdmiralArcher

the bursters provide supeior results with increased survivability, im saving for bursters myself and would recommend them after trialing them for a bit
  4. Guppet

Have you seen what sky guard does to enemy sunderers? They actually have very strong av capabilities, just most people assume they don't.
  5. Frosty The Pyro

flak dps is based on its splash damage. the direct damage is only used for AI work (or skyguards marginal AV, though its reduced signifignatly via specific resistance of vehicles). that puts the skyguard at 480 dps and the 2x bursters at 411 acording to those links. this is further reduced by default flak resitance values of aircraft (which is further upgradable via composit armor)
    • Up x 1
  6. z1967

Thanks, that was something I was not aware of. BTW, is there a site/spreadsheet where I can reference more up to date info? The wiki seems to have more than a few dated pages on it.
  7. RenegadeHelios

Skyguard is pretty flippin' awesome, really.....

Biggest thing is the utility and mobility. IR smoke, autorepair, speed, aggressiveness......

Earlier today I took my middle-ish equipped Skyguard out to a Biolab fight.... My initial reactions were of slight terror, as it was 48+/48+ and I was pretty sure half of that was made up of ESF's.

Got an outfit buddy to hop in his own skyguard and run side by side with me.

Five minutes later, we're both out of ammo, rolling back to rearm, over 12 ESF kills each to our name.

Don't tell me the Skyguard sucks.

Range is great, if you can aim with it. Like 300m sniping, it just takes some practice.
  8. DG-MOD-04

Locking this one up as well! Don't be afraid to start up a new conversation if this topic still appeals to ya! Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.