Please do something about the spawn room warriors

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by treeHamster, Feb 5, 2014.

1. treeHamster

It's getting WORSE every day. They're not only just sitting there camping the doors now, they're sitting there spraying out of the doors non stop. So not only do they do nothing productive, they put a live stream of bullets keeping anyone from LEAVING the spawn room alive.

It's getting REALLY old trying to leave the spawn room only to get shot in the back by 30 bullets from 5 different people that are just sitting there spraying.
    • Up x 6
  2. SternLX

[IMG]
    • Up x 14
  3. RHINO_Mk.II

I say in a calm, clear voice over proximity chat:

Anyone inside this room in 5 seconds will die to C4.

• Up x 15
  4. WorldOfForms

As I posted before, spawn rooms are the absolute worst aspect of this game, bar none, and contribute to utterly garbage gameplay.

If I were to bring a new friend into the game, the moment a fight turned into a spawn camp (and they all do), I would become embarrassed and quickly tell my friend that we should go find another fight. Of course, he'd ask, "Why? Aren't we about the capture the base in the next few minutes?" And I'd have to answer: "We will not be having fun for the next few minutes. And it will happen at the next base. And the next."

It's totally baffling to me that this number one problem in the game has remained unaddressed for over a year. Every other annoyance in this game is minor - but the moment a spawn camp starts, PS2 becomes the worst shooter in existence.
    • Up x 12
  5. NinjaTurtle

Pain field after 30 seconds?
    • Up x 11
  6. Tar

This is only a problem for zerglings
  7. McChimperson

Only spawn campers ever fight spawn room warriors.
    You are the problem. Along with terrible base design.
    • Up x 9
  8. LeafTheLeafeon

Instead of trying to nerf spawns and make them MORE campable by attackers, lets change them up a bit and buff objectives to be more desirable and worth taking/defending/risking my kd to pursue.
    At the moment there is only one true objective, and that's to earn as much xp as possible while keeping my stats high.
    Give them a better option.
    Of course, if the base is lost anyway by 80-20 pop then there's no harm in popping a few heads from spawn before falling back.
    • Up x 6
  9. St0mpy

I think its stupid too but SOE want it like that (because its such a skillfull game shooting out of a spawn).

Nothing much we can do.
  10. SinerAthin

I'm pretty sure SOE intended there to be Spawn Room warriors all along.

I mean, why else would they put KDR into the game?
    • Up x 6
  11. HadesR

It's a two sided problem .. Can't shoot out if there is nothing to shoot at .. Maybe one day we will get proper spawn exits that are not easily spammed by any noob and his dog in a vehicle..

It's not hard to do and it doesn't include adding Esamir walls , but SOE seem determined to relegate fights to around one spawn shack ..
    • Up x 2
  12. Nighcall

One way SOE could counter the problem is to have a small SCU generator at every base near the spawn room.

It should be like a biolab SCU in that once it is destroyed, the shields and painfields go down on the spawn room. It should also reduce the cap timer down to 15 seconds for the capping team so when they destroy the SCU they basically won the base. To balance it out for the defenders, the generator should not be able to be armed until the attacking faction has control of all of the cap points and are more than halfway through the process of capping the base.

This solution should greatly reduce the amount of time that is spent camping the spawn room while waiting for the base to cap.
    • Up x 9
  13. Hatesphere

spawn warriors and spawn rooms are not the problem, bad base design that encourages them are.
    • Up x 3
  14. Czuuk

They are doing something. They're doubling down. If you feel like you're getting shot in the spawn room by a vehicle, you can submit a bug report.
  15. EmmettLBrown

I'd rather see pain field when caps are flipped.
    Stay and die, leave the spawn, or spawn at the next base over and counterattack.
    • Up x 2
  16. HadesR

And also the game promotes Zerging .. It's doesn't matter if the attackers have 12 vs 12 or 100 vs 12 .. They receive the same XP for base captures , also if you add that bases outside of the " farms " ( Biolabs / Towers etc ) hold very very little incentive to defend , then you end up with a majority of fights being over pop'd in favour of the attackers .. Which just makes it easier to spawn camp in the first place.

Want people out the spawn ? Make it worth their while to leave them .. Promote / reward leaving the spawn and defending ..

Example:

Remove XP gained from kills while in the spawn room.
    Give 200% XP for kills made outside the spawn room while defending ..
    • Up x 1
  17. AssaultPig

literally all you have to do is stay out of LoS of the spawn room doors

it really isn't difficult
    • Up x 3
  18. treeHamster

You guys OBVIOUSLY don't understand what I'm saying.

I'm getting shot in THE BACK by the SPAWN ROOM WARRIORS as I try and leave the spawnroom. They all stand in the door way, behind those shields, spraying out, and you can't get by them without getting mowed down. In the past week I've actually died 4 times before I could even step outside of the shield because they spray so much.
    • Up x 4
  19. HadesR

20. Moisture

Sounds like a good time for the redeploy button.
    • Up x 3