Is this allowed ? Farming certs with 2 acconts?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TrainerS2, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Irathi

Look I'm not accusing you of statpadding, if I where I wouldn't be accusing you on the forums as it violates the guidelines.

Yes btw all 3 Irathi's are mine, my main IrathiTR, Irathi and IrathiNC.

I did try to come up with a response to your hypothetical scenario.

But really how often will this happen to such a degree it might appear to be statpadding? So you do 1v1 and win all 50 or 100 times and take 0 damage while doing so and both accounts are on the same IP adress - yes that would look like statpadding. For any other 1v1 with a more variable result, no it would not look like statpadding.

Now can we end this conversation? ;)
  2. Kunavi

I will just go ahead and assume that in certain scenarios this is in fact NOT an offense and that there are ways to not only make it appear legitimate but prove that Stats tracking is not exactly reliable in certain situations, like when the 2 parties agree to never exceed X Kills while having only Y Deaths or taking 5' breaks every now and then to play normally. Or simply saying they wanted to Suicide in this particular way(Getting shot at), a particular amount, at these particular moments. Far stretched? Perhaps but even without stretching it that thin(Would be ridiculous :p) a solid case against a ban could be made.

I doubt this method's practical aspects and efficiency but there you have it, it just MIGHT be legit depending on a few things.

Now if the OP is worried about 2 Accts running on the same PC, I have no idea about that. In many MMOs that's enough for a ban on its own and I think that's as it should be. But I asked a different thing.

To close(Because really this conversation annoyed me when you all started squinting at me), what's important to me is that even if you report such incidences(Which I do and will ALWAYS do) you'll see that they don't even act on way more blatant exploits or intentional TKers from other Factions. And won't allow naming here(OK that's a bit reasonable if you think about it). Kind of worrying.
  3. Kunavi

Zombekas now you're just /Trolling aren't you? ~.~ Eh, have a blast. /Care..
  4. Arranzu

Sounds like someone is planning a padding party
  5. TrainerS2

I just look at day leaderbord . and on firs playse is man doing this , hes is online so i find hem on serwer make a video ,
    He got 2 TR smurf and he wos runing a bot , beside he get no damage when i wos shoot at him, same his smurf.
    Only knife kiled them . So he got bot with soem hacks run on.
    After i kiled medic he wos stand and knifing air :D then i kiled him ONLY KNIFE make damage on him ??
  6. IamDH

Well, i cant provide an official SOE source but i know multiple people have been banned for this. I imagine they have an efficient way of seeing this other than "You killed him twice and he killed you twice"
  7. Morticai

Unfortunately, what you've had presented to you seems to be lurking just beyond your understanding. When that TOS was presented?...it didn't list stat padding as a punishable offense, because specific offenses are numerous and hard to list without competing with a dictionary. It also creates a very fine definition as to what is not only a bannable offense, but what isn't as well, creating for some awesome exploitation opportunities, so long as they don't meet the definition of the very precise rules you're asking for.

No, no...instead we're given this:

Let me explain that line in greater detail - if the moderators feel that what you're saying is an attempt at justifying stat padding, they could very well ban you on that, because they consider it to be a suggestion of unacceptable behavior. From there, your account can be suspended until they've completed an investigation to confirm or deny whether or not you've done this. Why? Because they've prepared themselves for quotes exactly like your statement above. They've assessed that people would derp about and say things like "Well, it says I can't do all of -this-, but it didn't say I couldn't do -that-.", and instead placed a rule that covers every possible bad habit in a single sweeping motion with just a short line that blurrs our precise interpretation of what is or is not acceptable, for their own benefit.

Do you really want to learn the hard way?
  8. Hatesphere

SOE has even openly stated they will go so far as to ban people who are jerks outside of their games if they do something they really dont like. I havent seen it happen, but they threaten it, if they can do that, they can ban you for stat padding.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/09/20/soe-will-ban-players-for-online-abuse-outside-of-their-games/
  9. Meeka

It sounds like a really slow process.

Faster to go out and kill people, I think.
  10. LibertyRevolution

They do it while they sleep, its all scripted bots.

This is called boosting, and yes it is bannable.
    They are botting certs, which takes money from SOE pocket, so you can bet its bannable.

Found some scum doing this off on the edge of the map:

They are not killing each other anymore, to easy to get caught like that, now they do it like this..
    No kills, no deaths, it just shows up as some max repair XP..
    You have to file a support ticket for these guys when you see them so they get the ban hammer.
  11. ViXeN

Careful, you may get banned for talking about mod decisions. :D Oh wait, now I will too! :eek:
  12. EmmettLBrown

BANCEPTION.....