Dat AMS change

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zombekas, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Nintyuk

You would have to be in the Driver seat and be using mineguard to get that use, but yeah good tactic. I'm going to use IR smoke with IR on my sundy guns. Arrive under fire, pop smoke and have spawning friendly’s hidden from view while My gunners still can shoot out at baddies.
  2. Tuco

The first place the enemy will look to remove mines. Why would I waste infantry resources on that?
  3. Meeka

While attacking well defended Sunderers, my one tank has obliterated coordinated, experienced squads.

If your tank has proximity radar and you have good aim on the turret with a reliable second gunner... a Sunderer nor its squad will last long.

Tanks are incredibly powerful... in the right hands. :D
  4. MichaelS

i'm faster putting the repair gun in my hand them jumping into the bus and turn on the fire suppression. i'm not satisfied with it on my galaxy where i have a full cert.
  5. Nintyuk

Depending on the gate how would they destroy them even if they knew they were there?
  6. UberBonisseur

Backwards thinking.

96% of Sundies are AMS because you can equip Rearm and Repair on top of AMS.
    Because there was no reason NOT to take AMS as the alternatives in the category weren't worth it, you just grabbed it by default.

A smarter change would've been to merge Repair and Rearm and put it in the same slot as AMS, for example.
  7. Ronin Oni

That'd be beyond obnoxious as a PL...

I sure as hell would never do that.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ronin Oni

Nice try.

They used to share a slot. Guess what? We had no repair/resupply and still had 96% AMS
  9. Ronin Oni

I dunno, I'll prolly use smoke or fire extinguisher.

Driving through shields will be a special case I pull a sundy specifically for... which I won't do often since courtyards will have mines in them now.

Gate crashing an AMS won't last long unless there aren't many enemies there to defend. In which case an AMS deployed right outside the gate would be nearly as effective any bloody ways.
  10. UberBonisseur

Most vehicles die before they have to reload.
    It's either vehicles being weak or ammo not being scarce enough.
    Or ammo towers every 300m.
    Or maybe the Repair module costs a ******** of certs before being more efficient than a repair gun.
    Or maybe I'd like to be able to quickly and reliably repair base turrets with it.

The problem was that the AMS could carry 12 people, spawn an entire faction, carry guns for self defense, and pack a support module of top of it. And you can spawn it from every single vehicle terminal.

**** it. It's like debating over how PS1 did it better with its dedicated vehicle all over again.
  11. NC_agent00kevin

http://imgur.com/a/M0I4U#0

71 Kills before I died in an AP Lightning.
  12. Ronin Oni

User error... I have to drive back to reload all the time cursing how no one takes ammo anymore (since the points stopped working right) the whole way there and back.

I'd much MUCH rather drive back 50-100m to the rear of our line and get a resupply while giving someone shelling mortars long range some points.

I used to do that role too...

but like I said... not since they jacked up the point reward for resupplies capping it out.
  13. Miuku

Your name is "TehBootyliscious", seriously?
  14. Tuco

Talk about an afterthought.

It's an afterthought addition (squad spawning on Sunderer) to an afterthought (SUnderer AMS)
  15. SirBurning

Use some mines. And it will change very little anyway. If the enemy can drive in a sundy right up to your teams nose and deploy it without you blowing it up. You would have lost the battle anyway. only a matter of time.