Why is rank 3 racer Reaver slower, than a rank 3 hover Mossie?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BadAsElite, Jan 18, 2014.

1. BadAsElite

Nore do you when you are heverly out numbered, and breaking away before combat seems like the only viable solution.
    • Up x 2
  2. EmperorPenguin5

No that is not the case.
  3. BadAsElite

But can anyone answer that question I said earlyer about if the Reaver has better hover with out the frame over the other 2 ESF's?
    Because techinally it should if the the Reaver is suppose to be slower then a mossie with max 3 racer right? ("Asymmetrical balance")
    • Up x 2
  4. BadAsElite

Rofl I can already see the scales tipping to one side. Thanks for letting me know ;)
  5. Ned

The funny thing is you are all arguing over tidbits, tiny details.

The ESFs are so similar in this game there is barely anything to argue about, now I think we should make the mosquito twice as fast as it is now, the reaver should have twice as much armour, and the scythe should have a disco ball hanging below it while playing never gonna give you up.

Thats how balance is done kids.
  6. BadAsElite

Hardly tidbits considering why players choose the Mossie and Sythe over the Reaver in ESF competitions now is it?
    • Up x 4
  7. Poorform

The community wants to feel unique, yet they on the other hand demand everything be equal.
  8. BadAsElite

I think the community wants balance over anything else.
    • Up x 3
  9. Ned

ESF competitions?

Please spare me, there is no such thing, don't be silly.

And it is all tidbits, the three aircraft have similar speeds, similar turn rates and similar design with minute differences.
  10. Flavo

Why does a rank 3 racer mossie afterburn slower than a rank 3 hover reaver? Why does a rank 3 hover mossie brake slower and have worse vertical thrust than a rank 3 racer reaver?

For all the parts that matter like afterburning, stopping, reverse maneuvering and cannon dps, the reaver has it at least slightly better. Quit your belly aching.
    • Up x 1
  11. sodopro

Not to disagree with you, but flight club was a thing.

It's on YouTube somewhere, and pretty much everyone chose scythes.
    • Up x 6
  12. Ned

It was but thats not my point

None of these competitions are really serious, well some take them seriously, but I don't, reason being the game is asymmetrically balanced.

All ESFs function almost exactly the same with minute differences, what that means is that the scythe is only slightly better than the mossie and reaver, but people would use it over the other ESFs just for being slightly better (It was probably chosen for the nosegun velocity)

All ESFs are a few steps away from being carbon copies of each other, they already share the same health and basically the same turn rate.
  13. BadAsElite

Lol yeah, well then Ned whats this then?

14. BadAsElite

The point I was trying to make was anything rank 3 should be superior over that of the default mode of anything else in terms of ESF balance.
    Asymmetrical balance is fine at a default level, but if people want the choose to move faster or break and turn faster then those options should be allowed for all.
    This is part of the problem of the game currently is thats theres no "choice".
    • Up x 2
  15. Ned

See above post.
  16. BadAsElite

I did, and it was totally the point you were making out.
    • Up x 3
  17. Ned

No it wasn't, you seem to have misunderstood.
  18. BadAsElite

Then can you elaborate please when you quoted me, when I said.
    "Hardly tidbits considering why players choose the Mossie and Sythe over the Reaver in ESF competitions now is it?"
    • Up x 1
  19. Ned

None of these competitions are really serious, well some take them seriously, but I don't, reason being the game is asymmetrically balanced.

All ESFs function almost exactly the same with minute differences, what that means is that the scythe is only slightly better than the mossie and reaver, but people would use it over the other ESFs just for being slightly better (It was probably chosen for the nosegun velocity)

All ESFs are a few steps away from being carbon copies of each other, they already share the same health and basically the same turn rate.

Reposting.

All ESFs are almost identical to each other, with tiny differences or tidbits, which give the scythe a slight advantage.

Any advantage to be taken, but all 3 craft are already so similar.

The only way you will get people using all 3 in a "Competition" is either if you enforce it, or all ESFs are carbon copies of each other, which they almost are now.
  20. BadAsElite

Not be be funny but any competition in a video game is generally serious. The post on reddit was asking for the best pilots from across the servers to meet up for a show down.
    As for the event itself it was very serious and competative and well ran by the coordinators.
    • Up x 2