Why are Hornet Missiles...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jeslis, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Jeslis

Empire Specific? When each empire gets the exact same one? Why can't I just purchase 1 and be done with it for all the empires? Doesn't make much sense no?
    • Up x 1
  2. RHINO_Mk.II

Same reason MBT halberds are empire specific:

$$$$$$$$$$$
    • Up x 14
  3. Pikachu

Because they don't have the NS label on them. :L
  4. Archiadus

- Anti ''4th faction''
    - More profitable
    - They might add some empire specific changes to them later so they just released the ground work for them
    - For the fun of it

Can be any of the above I guess.
  5. GhostAvatar

From my understanding, its a game mechanic issue. Since they have different placements on each empires weapons platform (same goes for the Halberd), they require different weapon IDs. As such the system can't handle unlocking multiple IDs across factions at present. Yeah it is something that could probably be fixed and coded into the game. And it may very well get done in the future. But there are much bigger issues that need to be addressed way before something like this.
    • Up x 2
  6. Jeslis

oi vey.
    • Up x 2
  7. Hatesphere

the really is no excuse for not tagging 3 different IDs in the purchase database for when people use cash to buy something. its kinds of lazy and misleading.
    • Up x 1
  8. Latrodectus

Wouldn't the Basilisk and the Kobalt pretty much destroy that theory?
    • Up x 3
  9. Forkyar24

we don't need more 4th faction people having it
  10. BEAT

No, it wouldn't. They explained this before when they made account wide unlocks. GhostAvatar is correct. Each of the ESFs and MBTs are unique models and therefore have the weapons mounted in different locations. QA won't them have weapons floating out to the side or half attached to your vehicle, so without a substantial amount of work recoding all those weapons and vehicles, it will be this way for the foreseeable future.
  11. GhostAvatar

No idea, I haven't unlocked them with SC. But the vehicle weapons I have unlocked with SC for NS vehicle have been cross faction. For example the Renegade that was on sale during the Christmas period unlock for all factions on my Flash.

P.S. The Basilisk is the default weapon on every vehicle except the flash. Do you know of anyone that has bought the Basilisk for the Flash with SC?

Except the current coding might not be able to handle more than one ID code at any time in that way. Which would mean rewriting a lot of code for the whole purchase system just to be able to tag all three. That could take a lot of time for a very small amount of return on that effort. Would you sacrifice hossin for another month, or the resource revamp for another month just for this. There are more pressing things in the development process than something as small as this that only encourages fourth faction. Like fixing population imbalance instead of making it worse.
  12. DeadlyShoe

If sony wanted to sell these weapons as "common pool" then they could sell them in Bundles. No such bundle is available. So the reason they don't sell them as common pool is because they don't want to. The technical limitation is probably real, but it is obfuscation nonetheless.

I don't actually care one way or the other tbh.
  13. Eclipson

Money is the real reason. Issues with code that they could probably fix if they wanted too is the excuse. Anti 4th faction is the lame attempt by fourmside to defend SOE for making us buy the same weapon 3 times for no good reason.
  14. DeadlyShoe

Except thats probably true. They want people to invest in their characters, they don't want total freedom in character choice. If they did NS would be more widespread.

If you really want to play all three factions AND have all the cool toys, shell out.
    • Up x 1
  15. GhostAvatar

Can I buy the EM1 when I am logged into my TR account? I think that might answer your question on why they can't make bundles, again without probably rewriting the coding to make it possible to buy other faction weapons. And then, only be able to buy them in bundles also. Honestly, I don't know what the actually limitations of the system are. But I do know that it hasn't been done so far because the system just can't handle it without a significant change in the underlying code.

It took them about a month for them to be able to unlock items that had a single ID cross faction in the first place. Multiple IDs they said would be a lot harder than that.

You do know that NS weapons and even camos (if I remember correctly) weren't cross faction to be begin with? They actually changed the game and gave refunds for those who bought them cross faction before the change. Actions speak louder than words. And in this case, there actions on that matter goes against your words right here.
  16. Latrodectus

Ok I get that, but why wouldn't it? What you're saying is this is kind of a win-win for them because not only do they get to be lazy, they also get to pump us for more station cash?
  17. DeadlyShoe

There are pan-faction bundles, they did them with promotions
  18. BEAT

They said they would like to do this in the future but it's way down on their priority list. Some of the reasons why could very well be because of the win-win you pointed out. ;)
  19. Hatesphere

I somehow dont think it works that way. the storefront code should be simple compared to t0he game code. literally you pay SC and get all versions you pay certs you get one. its been working that way in infantry weapons for a while concerning NS weapons. so why other then being lazy shouldn't it work that way with ESF or Tank weapons?
  20. GhostAvatar

True, but also failed to read this part of my post.