Jump + ADS Nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SharpeShooter, Jan 16, 2014.

1. SharpeShooter

its on every sight! not just iron sights!
  2. Squeeck

Indeed, ADS does not mean IS only. But I guess we'll soon see the LA class go extinct, the LA population was already getting thinner and thinner. Nearly every role the LA has can be replaced by another class who can already support more than the LA.
  3. DevDevBooday

Not really since I play about 2 or so hours each day since April. And so what if I was anyway? that's completely off topic and irrelevant
  4. Pat22

Fact is that both the ADS and Hipfire nerfs hit the LA far harder than it had any reason to ( spoler: it had no reason at all )
    The problem is that using your jetpack counts as "jumping" meaning you get all the penalties that apply to jumping while flying.

LAs SHOULD be able to aim down sights while flying, and the accuracy penalty should not be as severe as it is, both in hipfire and ADS.

Think about it, we've got a jetpack, and all we get for using it are penalties. Imagine if heavies suddenly lost the ability to ADS and got a massive hipfire penalty when they turned on their overshields.
  5. Decian

Higby, can you tell us what the strengths of the Light Assault class are at this point? Aside from being able to jump on a building and then be normally shot by an infil or outgunned by a heavy, tell us ONE thing that LA brings to the table in a squad? Everything an LA can do another class can do and has other benefits. LA's are worthless now.
  6. Meeka

Jetpacks are better meant for getting to places to shoot from... not to shoot from.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pingonaut

Way to try to fix something that wasn't broken.
  8. CerebralLOLsy

If you are going to indirectly nerf the jump jets (and LA as a whole) give me my certs back. If I can't ADS and hipfire is wildly inaccurate, I have no reason to play this class. This class is meant to fight in the air, not play to every other class' strength.
    • Up x 1
  9. SharpeShooter

They are now yes! it gives you 0 advantages now, there is very little reason to play LA over a medic or heavy or even an infil. LA is already the least played class in the game, and SOE continue to stick the knife in.
    • Up x 2
  10. Meeka

Except to get into great vantage points like a roof, a tree, hills, rock formations, and a plethora of places that no other class can reach, right? Sounds like quite an advantage to me!
    • Up x 2
  11. Pat22

That doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to fight while using them.
    The same could be said of Heavie's overshields. They're meant for you to cross battlefields without dying, not for you to to attack with. You use them to run from cover to cover and survive explosions and bullets.
  12. Meeka

Overshield is a defense mechanism, not an attack mechanism.

It would be like saying you attack someone with Nanoweave... you don't.
  13. Pat22

But you are able to use it while offensively, while attacking.

Yet, for some reason, Light Assaults are not allowed to do the same with their class ability. That class ability being mobility. You're not allowed to use your mobility offensively.
  14. MajiinBuu

I've never seen anyone kill with anything other than a shotgun while in midair, it's not even a big deal. Shoot on the ground like everyone else lol
  15. Meeka

Really? You can't attack people from vantage points that no other class can get to?

Height is a serious advantage, one of the best you can have.

So, I'm not sure how you can't use your jet pack offensively when it puts you in places where you have incredible attack advantage.
    • Up x 1
  16. LibertyRevolution

If I can no longer ADS as light assault when flying, then I demand that heavy assaults no longer be able to ADS when using overshield.
    Also, snipers should no longer be allowed to ADS while cloaked.

That be fair right? This is basically what they are doing to the light assault class.
    If I cant aim when using my class ability, no other class should be able to either.
  17. Astriania

ADS while jumping is unrealistic and despite the whining from CoD-style players, is fair. ADS while using jetpacks in the air is perhaps more legit and could have been kept, if we assume those packs give you a stable flight.
    • Up x 1
  18. Pat22

I can, but if I happen to cross an enemy soldier on my way to that vantage point, I'm done for because I have virtually no ability to fight back now. An infiltrator hipfiring with a sniper rifle has a better chance of success than a Light assault hipfiring with an SMG from the air.
  19. Pat22

They do, as long as you keep burning. Your gun would bob up and down when you let go of the spacebar.
  20. Meeka

Sort of the same way a cloaked infiltrator would die if they ran across someone while cloaked because they can't shoot and cloak?

Seems like it's bringing the LA into line, rather than nerfing it.