The Lightning not doing it for you?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SpaceKing, Jan 12, 2014.

1. uhlan

HA!

I laugh at SOE's puny attempts to take my money...

Or my certs...
  2. Gundem

We keep forgetting that all resources are going to be replaced with a much larger Araxium pool in the Resource update.

Also, the Vanguard will still be much faster, likely to be far easier to pull, and only require a single person to pull. By the looks of that thing, it's going to require lots of people to use.

I'm also betting the main turret will rotate very slowly, which it would need to in order to be balanced.

I'm just highly dubious that it will replace the Vanguard. Sure it's probably going to have heavy-*** armor, I doubt it will ever "Replace" any MBT.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kallowe

It's either going to be an absurdly large cert pinata that will take an entire squad to its death or the new farming platform of choice.

How could they make a tanks main gun more powerful than the current one with out it being op? A gun can never be more than a one shot kill... unless the new gun kills people with a psionic mind blast activated by its mere prsence.
  4. KnightCole

No, if there was a Driver, Main Gunner and those hatches were spots where an Infantry man could ride and provide fire support......then we are talking.
    • Up x 2
  5. EliteEskimo

This game needs more team oriented vehicles. I'm hoping when fully manned the Colossus will look something like the PS1 Raider (except you know it would be a tank and have a big turret:D ). Hopefully the Raider and other team oriented vehicles will make a comeback too.

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  6. Ixiawn

Woo a new tank for.. oh, everyone.

Come on SOE, enough with NS already. Give us some flavour please.

On a happier note, also hoping for this to be a team vehicle. PS2 really could do with more of that. CoD players have CoD, accept that and get back to Planetside.
    • Up x 1
  7. JudgeDeath

Where do you guys pick up the "Superheavy" part from ? The name ?

That looks like a normal MBT, big fat NS Prowler. Dont get me wrong, it will be great to get a real MBT for vanu ! We can start to use magriders exclusively as mortar platforms.
  8. KnightCole

I hope this tank is made to be very, very, very, very rare....it being spammed will be ermagerd stupid.
  9. vincent-

You're gonna go hog wild on this when it releases.
  10. Bindlestiff

Also remember that given the current size of vehicle spawn bays in some bases, it can't be much bigger or it is going to get stuck / not be able to get out.
  11. Ribero

They don't even look the same, but for some reason this thing makes me think of The Paladin from UT2004 ECE
  12. f0d

i really miss the faction specific deliverers

i would like an aurora - nothing in ps2 is as AI spammy as that thing was and i would enjoy all the infantry tears now
    [IMG]
    i dont want the NC to get the thunderer though - that thing was nasty
  13. Iridar51

The real point of combined payment is not to expend resources. Who even cares about them. It's about needing several people with at least minimal level of teamplay - being in one place at one time with one goal - to summon and drive a tank. I don't want one player to be able to summon this god chariot.
    • Up x 1
  14. EliteEskimo

Lol, indeed these vehicles would be fun to have and plow through a bunch of infantry. Even smaller outfits like DA could make good use of them. Btw what was so bad about the Thunderer? It looks very similar to the VS Variant, only the TR version had 4 turrets on to look very unique because you know "WE NEED MORE DAKKA!", so where did the nasty part for the NC's version come into play?:)
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  15. vincent-

Step it up FOOL!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  16. Vinakis

7 man tank? (looks like five secondary guns, and wishful hoping seperated driver/main gunner)

I'd drive that.
  17. Epic High Five

It doesn't make sense, but costing even 750 mechanized would be enough of a non-factor to enough people that the limiter that cost is supposed to act as would fall apart completely.

No resource has the opportunity cost of Infantry. It's the conduit through which classes are played, whereas air and mechanized are just one time, front-loaded dumps and the vehicles don't require resources at all past that point.

If this comes out after the resource overhaul, cool, ignore my suggestion. But if it comes out before I PROMISE that the game will be flooded with the damn things.
  18. Gav7x

Plz give thunderer, PLEASE
  19. Gav7x

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  20. f0d

NC had 2 tank weapons (gauss cannons) on the top with a decent splash damage (think 2 HEAT MBT guns) that allowed them to drive around and beat actual tanks and sunderers and buggys and delievers and infantry and pretty much everything
    but it did live by the NC motto of hit hard and slow - so the reload on them was fairly slow but if you got both gunners attacking the same target no matter what it was it was dead

the VS variant had 2 fairly fast plasma launchers on it that could also burst fire with a fairly hefty blast radius - when firing normally it was about as fast as the ppa (ai gun) on the mag but when burst mode it would fire 4 shots (or maybe 6 ) in a fraction of a second - it would massacre infantry and was spammed in doorways, it wasnt any good at attacking other vehicles but was the most insane anti infantry vehicle weapon - the closest thing to it would be the ppa anti infantry gun of the VS that could also do a massive burst fire when needed and with a larger explosion radius

the TR variant was exactly as it looks it had 4 weapons that were average at everything (think 4 basalisk guns) BUT IT HAD 4 - it was underpowered unless you had all gunner seats filled but when you did and all concentrated their fire it was an absolute beast to be reckoned with and did more damage than all the other deliverer varients
    4 gunners BEAST MODE
    less than 4 gunners you were better off with a normal deliverer
    • Up x 1