Don't fix the sky lighting bug, make it a feature

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pikachu, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Messaiga

They can take this bug and make it into an awesome weather system later on. +1
    • Up x 2
  2. Pikachu

*Gasp* :eek: It's still there. Thank heavens. This time I got something I have never seen before, Indar sky on Amerish. Sadly it only lasted for like 5min. It was day then it turned into Amerish night. Some pictures below. See the fog reddish tint.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  3. Chicken Wings

This is such a pretty thread. It's like candy.
    • Up x 4
  4. Pikachu

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  5. Chicken Wings

[IMG]

Keep it coming!
    • Up x 1
  6. Pikachu

Fine but it would only matter during night time. For daylight it could follow when deploying to different warpgate as it does now (at very rare times). For night time the brightness could adapt to that of the continent's normal level. I still want to have dark nights outside Indar though (Esamir looks great with dark nights). Could be made random on all continents. Also the fog should obviously adapt to the normal level of the targeted continent.
    • Up x 1
  7. ZeroErrorz

this just remind me of some cowboys movie for some reason

also i think SOE just make this appear as a feature like weather, im bored of looking the same condition on each continent and if SOE dont want to develop weather ill say just develop this as something that appear at a certain time cycle also add a weather info on the WG too and this will be one of the best thing ever implemented in this game
    • Up x 2
  8. Lucidius134

I posted something similar. My bug happens when the game freezes though and it isn't just a transferal of skyboxes accross continents as you can see below:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/amazing-graphical-bug-produces-idea.151178/

• Up x 3
  9. Lucidius134

Forgot to post this:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    One of the few times I was runnig on high graphics (this and the yellow one. Rest is on low)
    • Up x 3
  10. Vioxtar

Are you saying all of these beautiful lighting settings that you sometimes see in planetside 2 are a BUG? Not intentional? I'm blown away. I support this thread with all my heart. Fighting at indar where everything is colored in a blueish dark bloom makes it so freakking atmospheric.
    • Up x 4
  11. Pikachu

I want to fight on Esamir with the bright sunshine and spring green tint of Amerish. :(
    • Up x 3
  12. eldarfalcongravtank

i dont know but is this "bug" also in action here?seeing nights like this left me pretty amazed to be honest

[IMG]
    • Up x 7
  13. Pikachu

The color, lightness and location is that of Indar so it's all normal. It's just that this sunset happens to be particularly pretty. :D Indar northern territory has these orange/red with dark blue sky around them. The contrast makes them look so nice. I wish all continents had this. :( Amerish night is way to bright. Too little difference between the night sky and the sunrise there.
    • Up x 2
  14. Chicken Wings

Imagine if we had real cloud-looking systems, too...
  15. John_Aitc

I rarely change continents. I was so happy to try this after Pikachu first brought this feature to our attention.

It is such a subtle change. I can't explain why it amuses me so much whenever I get it to work. Maybe it is just the idea of having a little variety into the game for me.

Please keep this in the game!
    • Up x 3
  16. Pikachu

Post pictures when you get it to work! :D I want to see Amerish on Esamir most of all. I have only got it one time for 10 seconds. I have never got Amerish on Indar.
    • Up x 2
  17. Pikachu

The bug is still alive! I just got Amerish sky on VR :eek:
    [IMG]

Even better, Amerish on Esamir! Finally! Aw the beauty. :oops: It only lasted ~20min. Then it turned into Esamir night.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  18. Pikachu

Again! This time Amerish sky on Indar! First time! :eek: It lasted 10min then. The strangest thing was that it was night when I was on Amerish but on Indar I got normal day but with Amerish sky. Then after 10min it changed to Indar sky and night time. Other people had night on Indar as well. When I went back to Amerish it was night there too. :confused: So all 3 continents has about the same time now.

You talk about Esamir being too bright? Well take a look at this. :D
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  19. DarthDelta

Those look amazing.

I think a weather system could be implemented that creates random weather conditions. Imagine a storm building up on one part of a continent rendering visibility there near zero, but an alert forcing all 3 factions to try and fight for those areas any way. The weather system could work as an important way in which the devs could influence gameplay, for example, they could create a temporary fog that renders aircraft and long range weapons almost useless.

A sandstorm on Indar. A blizzard on Esamir. A flood on Amerish. I can see a hundred other uses, and besides, it would serve as a fresh change for players getting bored with the visual style of the game and it's continents.
    • Up x 4
  20. SinerAthin

I support different weather but I don't support players being individually able to choose their weather due to weather playing an important factor when it comes to enemy detection.
    • Up x 3