Don't fix the sky lighting bug, make it a feature

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pikachu, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Pikachu

When deploying from one continent directly to the warpgate of another, the lighting and skybox will at rare times follow. I recently had the skybox, low night light level and low saturation light from Indar when I was on Esamir.

See this thread for examples.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/bugged-lighting.166305/#post-2385295

Currently this bug is unpredictable. It rarely happens and seemingly randomly. I wish this was turned into a feature so that players can choose the lighting and sky from the continent they way. I enjoyed the darker and less blue colored nights on Esamir. Make the skybox and color always follow when deploying directly to another continents warpgate. If players want the proper lighting of the new continent then they just have to go to the current continent's warpgate and warp from there.
    • Up x 79
  2. Pikachu

Come on people this is fun thing. You want it too.
    • Up x 8
  3. Pikachu

I managed to get the bug again. Here are some pictures. Indar sky on a foggy Esamir day.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Older pictures:
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 17
  4. RubiksCubix

Wow the last one looks amazing.

Seems like a necessary update considering the current glitches and whatnot.

Support.
    • Up x 6
  5. Pikachu

I just got it again but it only lasted for 1 minute then it changed back to normal. :( Looked awesome. I could not wait to play more with it. Btw it started out as day time and changed to night.

A cold frosty day on Amerish, having the sky from Esamir.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 7
  6. Dieter Perras

Yes I love this bug but what about if they made it a sort of randomized weather type thing? I think making players have to re-select the sky texture every time they changed continents would get annoying.
    • Up x 10
  7. Gundem

Duuuude...

Wtf

Do you even

Tank Buster

Brah
  8. Pikachu

I use it as air taxi.
  9. Pikachu

Amerish sky on Esamir! But guess what the screenshot function stops working after 1 shot and when I try to record the m***** f****** game crashes! :mad: I try to get this bug all the freaking time. Now when I got it it just had to crash. F*************************k!

Beautiful. SOE please don't remove this bug. :(
    [IMG]
    • Up x 8
  10. IamDH

Its pretty awesome tbh. An unintended feature but is really epic.

I'm always for variation in all forms so i agree to keeping this.
    • Up x 1
  11. Cougarbrit

Seems like an easy way of implementing weather changes, I'm in.
    • Up x 2
  12. Pikachu

13. Pikachu

Got it working again, this time stable for >1h. Then the ground resolution suddenly dropped, screenshot key no longer working and trying to redeploy froze the game.

It's a cold day on Indar. :D Esamir sky.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 12
  14. RenegadeHelios

I just wish there was a 'weather' style system in the game, which differed for each continent. Foggy Esamir is beautiful. ;-;
    • Up x 8
  15. skullhead51

I don't see why they wouldn't make this a feature since it would give the weather more of a variety. However it shouldn't be a setting or option because it would be a advantage or disadvantage for some if the lighting is different for everyone.
    • Up x 4
  16. Iosef Stalin

I agree. This should be a permanent change.
    • Up x 3
  17. Pikachu

Got Indar sky on Amerish during night time. Lasted >10min then turned back to day with Amerish sky.

A dark night on Amerish.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 11
  18. IamDH

Hmmm. Do you think this could be relevant to that dust that appears sometimes?
    • Up x 3
  19. Chubrokoli

I had a bug once where i had no night anymore on esamir, everything looked so bright while my friend had nighttime :D, was funny without night.
  20. Pikachu

Finally got Esamir sky on Amerish again. This time with no crash. :) Lasted all day, night and sunrise.

Cold day on Amerish.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Cold night on Amerish.
    [IMG]

Cold morning on Amerish.
    [IMG]

Cold sunset on Amerish.
    [IMG]

Cold evening on Amerish.
    [IMG]