Design your ideal infantry weapon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RasFW, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Gammit

• Up x 1
  2. xOcOx

Here is a variation of a weapon idea I had in another thread. Instead of a specific weapon it is a new ammo type.

Q-spot ammo: These rounds have a small IFF transmitter in them that function like Q-spotting the enemy tagged. The duration would be 2-3 times the current Q-spotting duration and NOT be broken if the enemy should cloak. Primarily used by back line fighters to tag enemies as they approach friendly front line troops and by counter snipers to tag other snipers in case their initial shot is not a ohk and the target cloaks. Normal spotting xp bonuses apply if the tagged enemy is killed by a friendly. Due to a slight transmitter activation delay before each shot is fired this ammo decreases the weapons RoF by about 10-15%. This ammo is available to weapons mostly used at longer ranges so probably would be an option for guns that can equip HVA.
  3. Chicken Wings

Really? No love for sniper minigun? How about if it looks pretty too?

[IMG]
  4. Metalsheep

I'd like to see the return of the Pwnisher (Punisher) from PS1.

NS, Bullpup design, 30 rounds a mag, and an underslung grenade launcher default. (With Rocklets default.)

You could cert attachments like other weapons, and cert different ammo for the Underslung Barrel.

Rocklets: An explosive projectile (basically a micro rocket) with a low drop And high velocity, deals more damage to vehicles (And MAXs) than a underslung grenade, but less to infantry. Little to no AoE Blast Radius, like an AP shell.

It could also cert the Underslung Smoke, Grenade and Shotgun like other S weapons.

Im on the fence about weather it should be a Medic (Assault Rifle) Weapon or a LA/Engineer (Carbine) weapo.

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  5. ZephyrBurst

The AOL CD Launcher. If you're from the 90s, it has unlimited ammo. Deals extremely low damage, but reduces the target's internet speed by 90%.

Extended magazine for an attachment.
    • Up x 3
  6. Garrett24789P

Would love a infantry held basilisk to replace the launcher slot.
  7. jiggu

It goes BRRRRRRRRRT and kills cultists and traitors.
    Ammo is VANU tears
    If you shoot a Scythe with it, the Scythe's hitbox expands massively
    If you shoot a Reaver with it, the Reaver turns into a solid brick and falls to the ground and shatters

It autoresponds to hate tells with "git gud"

I want it signed by Buzzcut

oh and it impressed the Brass
    • Up x 3
  8. Zorro

A minigun with only 900 RPM? Make that 9000 RPM!
  9. Kristan

On a serious note someone was right giving to all MAXes portable Basilisk guns.
  10. Zinus

AF - 24 Thorn
    Semi auto scout rifle
    NC (tho TR and VS would get their variants same as all scout rifles atm)

rof: 255RPM
    velocity: 500m/s
    damage: 150/15m - 105/65m ignores shield
    reload: 2/2.9
    magazine: 12/72

-------------
    Well basicaly a semi auto variant of the scout rifle that has lower dmg but ignores shields. TTK wise, it should kill the target in one more shot compared to the curent scout rifles (4 close, 5 far).

edit: full auto variants would also be interesting, tho i dunno how much longer the TTK should be compared to the standard full auto scouts (2-3 bullets more on close range?).
  11. bPostal

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. treeHamster

Since we are headed this way anyway...

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  13. ManyHats

Low tech solutions, like melee weapons. Difficult to pull off kills with, totally worth the effort...

Melee
    light assault = shortsword
    heavy assault = battleaxe / polearm / 2h warhammer
    medic = hacksaw
    engineer = hammer
    infiltrator = katana

empire variation?

VS = glowy manga force swords, because purple.
    TR = big rambo knife (because TR does not waste money).
    NC = Petrol-powered chainsaw, because rednecks.

---
    Ranged

musket / shotgun (massive, one-shot primaries with absurdly long reloads)

mortar (think FarCry 2)

anti-material rifles.

Wacky Stuff

bolas (knock someone off a flash..)

tripwires (ankle height in doorway, near invisible, makes you fall over...)

bouncing bombs

cluster grenades

Napalm.

Attachments

bayonets
    richochet rounds (half damage, bounce all over the place)
    incendiary rounds (DoT, spreads from player to player on contact)
    pistol scopes
  14. Koldorn

I'll go into a little more detail about why the 11C is darn near the perfect weapon.
    (Warning; personal opinions inbound.) (In order of importance.)

1. It is a left-pull gun.
    There are very few left pull guns in PS2; 7 in total. I personally can compensate with a right drag much more easily then a left drag. For this reason alone I love the NS line, I love my Serpent, and my NC loves the GD-7F.

2. The quick reloads.
    Color me spoiled by the VS reload times; but anything over 2 seconds just makes me feel like I messed up. The 11C nails it perfectly where I feel rewarded for managing the last few rounds in the magazine; but punishes me for uncontrolled spraying.

3. All of the attachments, all of the options.
    I'm allowed to "build" the gun the way I want. Be that right or wrong, I have choices. Choices = good. My other go-to weapon (the Pulsar C) lacks the option of a flash suppressor. Any time night combat falls; it invalidates the gun. That just feels horrible. On the flip side; all of these options on the 11C allow me to feel like I have a "complete" weapon. There is something in each slot.

4. That .75x move ADS speed.
    I am a very "high aim" player, (as Wrel puts it) using ADS almost exclusively. So a weapon that allows me to be more mobile? Huge plus.

5. No faction identification!
    This is a pure bonus; if the 11C fired purple lasers I'd love it no less then I already do.
    As a VS this weapon is a huge step off base from the norm. Meaning that variance gets to be added as an additional plus for the purple team.

The only real negative to this weapon is the 652 fire rate grouping, which isn't even that bad.

I'm saying this; because I firmly believe this weapon is currently incorrectly put together. (IE; broken)
    *broken record mode, engage*
    NS weapons; all have incredibly fast rounds.

NS-15M? Highest in LMGs @640m/s. (Equal to the TR-T-16, and VS-Ursa)
    NS-11A(P)? @640m/s a very strong second place to the NC Gauss Rifle, clocking in at only a hairline faster 650m/s.
    NS-7PDW? @400m/s it shares the first place position with the VS-Sirius SX12.
    NS Commissioner? Dominates the pistol catagory at @450m/s, the next closest contender (The TR-Emperor) only clocking in at @390

To be fair; the Underboss lags behind most TR and NC pistols by 25m/s, only tagging in @350m/s (Still faster then ALL of the VS pistols)

So where does my beloved 11C land? It must have a strong; quick round like all of it's cousins; a strong contender for the best-in-class position.

Except it doesn't. Not even close.
    The 11C clocks in at a piddly @450m/s. Trailing to 17th place in the carbine category. A mere 10m/s off the Jaguar, and 30m/s off the Serpent; the slowest bullet carbines in the game. The 11C has bullet speeds comparable to fire rate 800 / 845 weapons.
    Just to reiterate: that is 17th, of 19 total carbines; game wide.

That is the exact opposite of all other NS infantry weapons, with no other point that out classes other NS infantry weapons to make up for it. To measure up to the rest of its family; the 11C needs a 550 / 560 m/s bullet.

Also pretty please unfold that stock. :)
    • Up x 1
  15. treeHamster

Best secondary EVER. It would be HELL on vehicles. I'd open up portals under Prowlers and drop them off a rock overhang on Indar.
  16. Pikachu

Oh ****. That looks like that butt ugly miscarriage of a gun called OICW. :confused:
  17. Maljas23

The Punisher was godsent. It must make a return... along with all of its "toys"....
  18. IamDH

People people please.

RAILGUN
    • Up x 1
  19. KnightCole

On my Vanguard.
    • Up x 2
  20. Giggily

Before adding new weapons I think it would be pretty sick if SOE went through and actually fixed the existing balance issues. Like the Polaris, Pulsar LSW, Flare, and Ursa all largely being outclassed by the SVA-88 or the Orion. Still. I think TR has it even worse.
    • Up x 2